Thread: Christmas question?

Default Christmas question?

I am asking here because most of you know a hell of a lot more about this shit than I do. If you were gonna buy an external hard-drive storage system and Radio Shack is your only option, which one of these would you get? I want to get one for The Kid for Christmas and only have about $75 to spend.

http://www.radioshack.com/family/ind...goryId=2032376
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Only The Shack? Thats not cool....

Using your own spending limit I only saw one drive under $75? Other wise I'd go with the Seagate for $90, I haven't trusted Iomega since their Zip drive days.

If you manage to buy online, or shop elsewhere, I'd got for a Western Digital. Main thing you need to consider is if this is going to be a portable driv, or a desktop backup. Portable drives usually so say (Western Digital's are called Passports I think), and don't require an external power source. Larger desktop externals usually require an AC adapter.