Thread: Who Wants To Be a Dragon?

Default Who Wants To Be a Dragon?

I know I do! And if you're cool, so do you. (But not in some bizarre sexual furry way, that's sick and gross) I have good news! A website, on the Internet, hosts a simulator where one can try one's skill at being a dragon by answering simple questions pertaining to one's nature, and responses to various situation likely to befall a young, aspiring dragon.

Did I mention you get to be a dragon?

This thing is about six billion times more fun than Farmville or whatever shit you yahoos sink your idle 5 minute play time breaks in on Facebook. (Moar like Stupidbook, am I right?)

In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I'll have you know that Dragonlance books are excellent literature.

I'm too much of a 'purist' for a lack of a better word. I love the idea of D&D based fiction, but I never really see a lot of good works based upon it...Dragonlance was cool...but not truly my cup o tea.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

I realize that it is an issue of taste, but Dragonlance books are consistently among the worst fantasy that I've ever read (and thus amongst the worst fiction I've ever read, because, shall we say, the "peaks" in fantasy are pretty damned rare.)

I'd say they were for young adults...so not really aiming high anyway, and meant for mass market and not for depth. (so we kinda agree)

Yep, I think we do. They were indeed aimed at tweens and early teens. But I will note that there are books aimed at that group that are actually decent (though admittedly the mass market angle probably precluded that.)

Fun little diversion

You finished with the following stats:

7% Brutality vs. 93% Finesse

92% Cunning vs. 8% Honor

65% Disdain vs. 35% Vigilance

Infamy: 58%

Wealth: 22250 gold coins

Wounds: 1

Blasphemy: 1

You ... blasphemed ?!.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Just a little..ransacked a temple..no biggie.

That black dragon is an elitist liberal smart-alec bitch who can keep their dumb chess game
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    That black dragon is an elitist liberal smart-alec bitch who can keep their dumb chess game
    Green Dragon was NOT impressed with my aerial acrobatics...douchebag.