View Poll Results: Mr Assange

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 81.82%
  • No

2 18.18%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Julian Assange is pretty funny looking, isn't he?

Default Julian Assange is pretty funny looking, isn't he?

When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

You can't get enough of this guy
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Nessie likes in the ass.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

You are a poop

From a butt

In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I've said my piece.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

His face certainly has a tendency to almost shape-shift in photos. He has looked anything from the green goblin to Gordon Ramsey in a happy mood.

Tomorrow is like an empty canvas that extends endlessly, what should I sketch on it?

UPDATE:

???

He really does look Different Each Time.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

That is genius.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I know!

I will not be made to crawl or lick children's blood from jackboots.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Well, let's see how many more Euro nations fail

Far right's making a comeback sooner or later

They're talking about putting the band back together

Get some leather boots and pressed shirts

Plenty of black-plus-colour-of-nation flags

They're getting pretty big in Japan

I'm an Englishman.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

There's this graphic novel out

It's called V or something

Ever hear of it?

It is pertinent to the discussion unfolding

V is fictional.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Yes! That is what novels do, they allow us to explore alternate scenarios and histories through the miracle of imagination and the written word. They may contain parables or allusions which can be utilised, e.g., to illustrate simple points in casual conversation. Isn't fiction great?

(They may also be your granny's equivalent for a wank mag

Don't read those books

It's dirty)

It's set in the 90s. After a nuclear war. There's a guy in it who runs around in a mask.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post

Is he trying to look like Bill Maher?
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

I believe he's actually part Asian, which sometimes I see in him but not really. The long silver hair can really make him seem different all the time.

The big question is why he [allegedly] felt all good with continuing the sexytime when the condom fell off.

He really does have that long hair eurovillain look that Hollywood so adores. Like Hans Gruber or Sean Bean in National Treasure. Floppy hair, vague but sinister accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Weak. Jokes been made, in Funny People. And you know it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrcMx...eature=related

Spoiler:
    BTW, I freakin HATE Sandler's "love of my life" in that movie. Can't stand that actress.

What? (it looks like him... )
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Not even close. Assange is far ... puffier looking. Even in his younger military getup he doesn't look like a badass who could lay some hurt on a guy.

One of the best gags of Funny People, BTW. Too bad they put it in the trailer.

Have you also seen the actual film? I never saw the trailer, just rented it based on an interview on Fresh Air. It's a very good movie.

Also - if you put long hair on him, he's got that typcial nordic look. Go ahead, close your eyes, imagine it. Look at the pic above with the X on his shoulder. He's a killer.

Spoiler:
    Not sure why you're spoiling this, but I'll bite. That's Judd Apatow's wife. She's been in a few decent movies as I recall. The first I saw her was in The 40 Year Old Virgin - she was the drunk girl that Steve Carrell picked up at the bar and who threw up on him and wrecked her car on the way home. She also played Judd Apatow's character's wife in Knocked Up, another decent movie. In that movie their daughters played their daughters too. Whole family... Anyway, this whole crowd came out of Freaks and Geeks....
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Not seen Funny People, everyone I spoke to gave it an awful review.

Actually, I'd call it one of the better Adam Sandler movies. That's not saying much, but it IS significantly better than most modern comedies.

Edit: http://www.newyorker.com/arts/review..._people_apatow

Of all the film reviewers I've read, those at the New Yorker (Denby and Anthony Lane) are most accurate--they will harsh on a few guilty pleasures that I would have OKed, but generally they are spot on.

The only thing I'd add about it is that the ending is kind of weak. Great start and middle, and arguably Sandler's best work by a mile.

Edit 2:
    Spoiler:
    Better safe than sorry with spoilers. Yeah, well she is pretty much what hurts the second half of the movie. Though to be fair I think they just didn't know where to go with it. But she was so unconvincing as the old flame, and she's such a mediocre actress, that it really struggled. But the first 2/3 of the movie was surprisingly good.
    As I said, much better and less twee than your usual Sandler movie.