View Poll Results: Mr Assange

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 81.82%
  • No

2 18.18%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Julian Assange is pretty funny looking, isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Not seen Funny People, everyone I spoke to gave it an awful review.
    think for yourself dammit I thought it was a pretty good movie.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by ']['ear View Post
    The only thing I'd add about it is that the ending is kind of weak. Great start and middle, and arguably Sandler's best work by a mile.

Edit 2:
    Spoiler:
    Better safe than sorry with spoilers. Yeah, well she is pretty much what hurts the second half of the movie. Though to be fair I think they just didn't know where to go with it. But she was so unconvincing as the old flame, and she's such a mediocre actress, that it really struggled. But the first 2/3 of the movie was surprisingly good.
    As I said, much better and less twee than your usual Sandler movie.
    Spoiler:
    I thought the last 1/3 was a bit of a left field turn as well. It was interesting in its own right, I think, as a morality play. I don't hate the actress on the same scale you do so I wasn't put off that way. If you saw her in Knocked Up you might hate her more (or less). She played quite a convincing bitch iirc. I wonder if the kids in Funny People were Apatow's too... Hmmm... I thought the Marshall Mathers cameo was hilarious, btw. And the interplay between the 3 roommates was pretty funny, especially when thanksgiving rolled around..."Yo Teach!" - that could be a real sitcom, stupid as it is
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

Spoiler:
    Didn't much like her in that, either. But it didn't much matter, since a) it was just a dumb yucks comedy and b) her part was small and didn't affect the final feeling of the movie

The guy I really like is Seth Rogan. For some reason his mere existence cracks me up. But I actually think he's quite good and that there's a lot of successful technique in his parts. IMO he stole the show from Sandler, who even in his best role still sounds like sort of a stoner dumbass.

Edit: so, anybody else wonder whether Assange is being set up? I always wonder that when some guys pisses off powerful people. Of course, there's no saying whether he is a garden variety ass. There are certainly enough of them in the world. I don't know enough of the back story to judge. But it always occurs to me if there are enough very powerful and wealthy people (or institutions) pissed off by some little schmuck.

Not read any official reviews, just my friends for whom those who'd seen it universally slated it, common feedback being that all the funny bits were already in the trailer.

Anyway, am I the only one who keeps wondering why when reading the Home Screen of the forums here the most recently posted thread is that "Julian Assange is pretty"

Worth a rent with the gf Rand, but not a theater ticket.

Am I the only one that didn't see the trailer??? And btw I HATE it when trailers give away the best gags.
    The Rules

I saw Sandler on the plane to Boston from New York a few years ago. He colored (?) his hair gray so people wouldn't recognize him, but it was him. He was sitting one seat in front of me. I didn't ask for his autograph.

Quote Originally Posted by "']['ear
    Edit: so, anybody else wonder whether Assange is being set up? I always wonder that when some guys pisses off powerful people. Of course, there's no saying whether he is a garden variety ass. There are certainly enough of them in the world. I don't know enough of the back story to judge. But it always occurs to me if there are enough very powerful and wealthy people (or institutions) pissed off by some little schmuck.
    Maybe.

Cool of you not to out him.

Quote Originally Posted by agamemnus View Post
    I saw Sandler on the plane to Boston from New York a few years ago. He colored (?) his hair gray so people wouldn't recognize him, but it was him. He was sitting one seat in front of me. I didn't ask for his autograph.

Maybe.
    Were you in first class? Nice. Also, I wouldn't ask for his autograph either way. Generally I think he makes crappy films. Actually, I can't think of anyone whose autograph I'd ask for, except maybe Jesus. And that's only if he is actually the son of god. You could probably rub it on a tumor and be healed - always think in practical terms. ( Too bad he was probably illiterate. )
    The Rules

Screw that. I'd ask for autographs from the following musicians: Stewart Copeland, David Gilmour, Brian Eno, David Bowie. Maybe of couple of others. Not sure I have the time of day for anybody else.

This one's for Steely. The new Miss America 2011.

Scanlan won after strutting in a black bikini and a white evening gown, playing "White Water Chopped Sticks" on piano and telling the audience that when it comes to the website Wikileaks, security should come before public access to government information.

"You know when it came to that situation, it was actually based on espionage, and when it comes to the security of our nation, we have to focus on security first and then people's right to know, because it's so important that everybody who's in our borders is safe and so we can't let things like that happen, and they must be handled properly," she said.
    edit

Sorry, forgot to share the link. http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/41097869

With its other links like this one:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/410214...on_and_beauty/

She should have just shaved her head, damn the wigs....wigs are kinda funny looking that way.
    Last edited by GGT; 01-16-2011 at 08:55 AM.

Talking about Mr Assange, little did i know but he's actually having to call into my local police station.

Any way you can conveniently go to report some minor BS nuisance while he's going and then take pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Were you in first class? Nice. Also, I wouldn't ask for his autograph either way. Generally I think he makes crappy films. Actually, I can't think of anyone whose autograph I'd ask for, except maybe Jesus. And that's only if he is actually the son of god. You could probably rub it on a tumor and be healed - always think in practical terms. ( Too bad he was probably illiterate. )
    I wasn't, but we were close to the front, so he was in business or first class I think. Not sure though. I didn't ask for his autograph because I was scared.

All these Adam Sandler haters make me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Any way you can conveniently go to report some minor BS nuisance while he's going and then take pictures?
    I actually don't know if he's still going, I might have to find out and perhaps check it all out.