Thread: There goes my childhood

Default There goes my childhood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo0D6bzxLLw

FUCK YOU. APPARENTLY I WAS PRIMED TO BE INHERENTLY LIBERAL SINCE I WAS A TODDLER. too much propaganda.

I don't get it.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

No one ever gave a fuck about Heart.

They liked Captain Planet, apparently, and it turned them into Greens.

I thought it was lame, and when the kids watch the reruns I still think it is lame. Like all most of the educational/informational shows the major networks show.

Watch PBS or morning Disney Channel instead. Even Nick Jr. is better than this crap.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Disney is fucked up. I hate that channel.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

Yes, but they had (don't know if they still do) animated Charlie and Lola when the kids were small. We bought DVDs of it, even.

Never heard of it.
    The Rules

Cutest preschool/kindergarten books ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_and_Lola

I've never ever seen that before. Huh. I always liked Little Bear - quality programming that.....
    The Rules

I've hated PBS ever since they dropped Reading Rainbow

Butterfly in the sky
    I can go twice as high
    Take a look
    It's in a book
    A Reading Rainbow

I can go anywhere
    Friends to know
    And ways to grow
    A Reading Rainbow

I can be anything
    Take a look
    It's in a book
    A Reading Rainbow
    A Reading Rainbow

Stupid bastards.

I was watching PBS right before I went to bed last night, and when I turned on the teevee this morning when the alarm was going off to watch the news while hitting the snooze button repeatedly Between the Lions was on. It's just not the same.

Love the early morning Disney Channel stuff. I will hate it when she gets to the stage where she wants to watch Hannah Montana and all that bullshit.

I still like Sesame Street on PBS, but I do miss Geordi on Reading Rainbow!

The tween shows are disturbing. The worst is not Hannah Montana, though. The worst of all is The Suite Live of Zach and Cody and its spinoff, Suite Life on Deck.

In close second is one called Cory in the House.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    No one ever gave a fuck about Heart.
    Another issue i had with the show. What did heart ever accomplish? Why did the white guy get the cool power? Why did the nigerian farmer get earth? and obviously the brown hippie gets heart.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    I don't get it.
    Which part(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    The tween shows are disturbing. The worst is not Hannah Montana, though. The worst of all is The Suite Live of Zach and Cody and its spinoff, Suite Life on Deck.

In close second is one called Cory in the House.
    Animes are where it's at; American shows are plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Tell me all about it. That has to be the worst fucking show on television.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Which part(s)?
    The clip in conjunction with your post. All the parts.
    The Rules

Oh, ummm I used to watch captain planet and I'm a pretty liberal kid. and i somehow associated my liberalness with captain planet and it's crazy amount of racist. I can clarify this further.

Knew that whole song, including the bass line in the Planeteers chant.