Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Take the Briggs Myers - Jung Personality Test

Default Take the Briggs Myers - Jung Personality Test

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Then share your personality type. (An interpretation can be found at the Keirsey Temperament sorter website if you click the link after the test.)

Many employers use this test for management and HR purposes, with reportedly great results.

I'm an INFP. Idealist Portrait of the Healer. Description is quite accurate.

http://keirsey.com/4temps/healer.asp

This is sort of like the "four colors" thing we did at work. Which I immediately demanded we never do again. And we never did. Though this one is a bit more specific in the generalities it throws out.

Code:
    ESTJ
    Extraverted	 Sensing	Thinking	Judging
    33	             38	        1	            44
    Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
    moderately expressed extravert
    moderately expressed sensing personality
    slightly expressed thinking personality
    moderately expressed judging personality
    So basically...I often shoot from the hip, I like talking to people sometimes. Sometimes I don't like talking to people. Sometimes I sympathize with others. Sometimes I don't.

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    Silly, but I took it anyway.

ENTJ Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
    1 75 1 67

You are:

slightly expressed extravert

distinctively expressed intuitive personality

slightly expressed thinking personality

I enjoy blank walls.

The interesting stuff is in further descriptions, and career suggestions. Didn't you read those?

ESTJ = Guardian. Portrait of the Supervisor. http://keirsey.com/4temps/supervisor.asp

ENTJ = Rational. Portrait of the Fieldmarshal. http://keirsey.com/4temps/fieldmarshal.asp

(If Bitter shows up and takes the test, I'm betting he'll be an ISTP = Artisan / Crafter )

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    The interesting stuff is in further descriptions, and career suggestions. Didn't you read those?
    Yeah, but I thought it would be bragging if I posted it.
    After all, less then 5% of the population is a Fieldmarshal!
    I enjoy blank walls.

Your Type is
    ESFJ
    Extraverted Sensing Feeling Judging
    Strength of the preferences %
    11 12 38 44

You are:

* slightly expressed extravert
    * slightly expressed sensing personality
    * moderately expressed feeling personality
    * moderately expressed judging personality
    Hmm...maybe I have a split personality because this is me only half of the time....

I think it's kinda fun and interesting. Mine was Introverted/Intuitive/Feeling/Perceiving. Wonder if there's any gender correlation?

See the famous types? Mario, are you in a pretty elite crowd there! Click on the general typology for an overview of the main Temperaments.

cat, you're ESFJ = Guardian / Provider:

Providers take it upon themselves to insure the health and welfare of those in their care, but they are also the most sociable of all the Guardians, and thus are the great nurturers of social institutions such as schools, churches, social clubs, and civic groups. Providers are very likely more than ten percent of the population, and this is fortunate for the rest of us, because friendly social service is a key to their nature. Wherever they go, Providers happily give their time and energy to make sure that the needs of others are met, and that social functions are a success.

Highly cooperative themselves, Providers are skilled in maintaining teamwork among their helpers, and are also tireless in their attention to the details of furnishing goods and services. They make excellent chairpersons in charge of dances, banquets, class reunions, charity fund-raisers, and the like. They are without peer as masters of ceremonies, able to speak publicly with ease and confidence. And they are outstanding hosts or hostesses, knowing everyone by name, and seemingly aware of what everyone's been doing. Providers love to entertain, and are always concerned about the needs of their guests, wanting to make sure that all are involved and provided for.

Friendly, outgoing, neighborly - in a word, Providers are gregarious, so much so that they can become restless when isolated from people. They love to talk with others, and will often strike up a conversation with strangers and chat pleasantly about any topic that comes to mind. Friendships matter a great deal to Providers, and their conversations with friends often touch on good times from years past. Family traditions are also sacred to them, and they carefully observe birthdays and anniversaries. In addition, Providers show a delightful fascination with news of their friends and neighbors. If we wish to know what's been going on in the local community, school, or church, they're happy to fill us in on all the details.

Providers are extremely sensitive to the feelings of others, which makes them perhaps the most sympathetic of all the types, but which also leaves them somewhat self-conscious, that is, highly sensitive to what others think of them. Loving and affectionate themselves, they need to be loved in return. In fact, Providers can be crushed by personal criticism, and are happiest when given ample appreciation both for themselves personally and for the tireless service they give to others.
    Famous ESFJs:
    Sam Walton
    Martha Stewart
    Ray Kroc
    Barbara Walters
    Dave Thomas
    Dolley Madison
    William Howard Taft
    Louis B. Mayer
    Ed Sullivan

Took it again and got ENFJ. Maybe I am too idealistic of what I think I am? This was a weird test.

Well, it's an abbreviated test for the internet. I took the corporate one years ago, it was several pages long, took about half an hour.

Our schools gave a career version to students in 8th grade, and some counselors use another kind to find 'best learning styles'.

I'll take it when I sober up.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Your Type is
    INTJ
    Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
    22 38 25 22

You are:
    slightly expressed introvert
    moderately expressed intuitive personality
    moderately expressed thinking personality
    slightly expressed judging personality
    Hmm, I guess so. I found myself going back and forth on a lot of the recurring ideas.

Apparently I'm a "mastermind", a group which comprises 2% of the population. This description is chillingly accurate.

Your Type is
    CUNT
    Combative Unfeeling Nondescriptive Thoughtless
    Strength of preferences %
    31 29 20 32

Your are:
    moderately expressed aggressive personality
    moderately expressed lack of empathy
    slightly expressed forgettable personality
    moderately expressed inconsiderate personality
    Harsh
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Well

I wasn't going to say anything
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Well, I'll try and see if I can make a chart out of that once again

Since it's four dimensional, it'll be a challenge
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Your Type is
    INTJ
    Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
    44 38 62 33

You are:
    • moderately expressed introvert
    • moderately expressed intuitive personality
    • distinctively expressed thinking personality
    • moderately expressed judging personality
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

ENTJ

You are:
    • moderately expressed extravert
    • moderately expressed intuitive personality
    • moderately expressed thinking personality
    • slightly expressed judging personality
    Famous people with my type:
    Napoleon, Franklin D. Roosevelt , Mark Anthony, Sean Connery, Madonna, Yulia Tymoshenko

(If Bitter shows up and takes the test, I'm betting he'll be an ISTP = Artisan / Crafter )
    Hmmm...guess not.

Code:
    Your Type is
    ENFJ
    Extraverted	Intuitive	Feeling	Judging
    22	75	25	56
    You are:

slightly expressed extravert
    moderately expressed feeling personality
    My results aren' consistent from one occasion to the next, but I think this is the first time I've had this particular outcome.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Actually, no it isn't
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Well, after all this test just adds and subtracts from a "norm" based on your inputs, right? I mean it's a really rough test I would be surprised if it didn't deviate from time to time.

Code:
    Extraverted	Intuitive	Feeling	Judging
    78	75	12	56

You are:

* very expressed extravert
        * distinctively expressed intuitive personality
        * slightly expressed feeling personality
        * moderately expressed judging personality
    Well interesting that it thinks I am extraverted. Probably I would have score introverted 10 years ago.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Harsh
    Results suggest you should be kept in a cubicle, far away from the public water cooler and elevators. Not a team player, likely to be hostile, reluctant to accept constructive criticism. Candidate for telecommuting.

Code:
    Your Type is 
    INFP
    Introverted	Intuitive	Feeling	Perceiving
    67	62	12	11
    You are:
    distinctively expressed introvert
    slightly expressed feeling personality
    slightly expressed perceiving personality

Famous people of your particular type
    Immanual Kant, William Shakespeare, Ludwig Beethoven, Pearl Buck, Arthur C. Clarke

But the career indicator is fun: Religious education? No way in hell!

We don't even know what Shakespeare looked liked, how did they get him to fill in the test?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Time machine
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

No.
    Magnets!
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

The geo-magnetic storm

Quote Originally Posted by BalticSailor View Post
    No.
    Magnets!
    Time machine using a whole lot of magnets?

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Code:
    Your Type is 
    INFP
    Introverted	Intuitive	Feeling	Perceiving
    67	62	12	11
    You are:
    distinctively expressed introvert
    slightly expressed feeling personality
    slightly expressed perceiving personality

Famous people of your particular type
    Immanual Kant, William Shakespeare, Ludwig Beethoven, Pearl Buck, Arthur C. Clarke

But the career indicator is fun: Religious education? No way in hell!

I'm INFP, too. But my page said:

Famous INFPs
    Albert Schweitzer
    Princess Diana
    Richard Gere
    Audrey Hepburn
    George Orwell
    Mia Farrow
    Isabel Myers
    Aldous Huxley
    Karen Armstrong

You feel involved when watching TV soaps
    I don't watch TV soaps. How am I supposed to answer it?

You often do jobs in a hurry

Hmm...
    * Dishes? Pretty much.
    * Restoring old, low-res art? I do it until it's perfect.

Edit:
    I'm Hillary Clinton! And Bill Gates! And Napoleon! -- ENTJ; I wouldn't be caught dead in a room with Supermarioman, though... blank walls, huh, mister?!?

# slightly expressed extravert
    # moderately expressed intuitive personality
    # slightly expressed thinking personality
    # moderately expressed judging personality
    Last edited by agamemnus; 12-12-2010 at 02:50 AM.