Thread: Thank you note from Google

Default Thank you note from Google

So, when we had the whole domain issue a while back we used an AdWords account to make sure that people who couldn't find the site and searched for TWF were sent to the temporary .net domain.

Google sent a thank you note to AdWords customers that was customized for each one. It's honestly some pretty awkward marketing, I can't imagine what made them think it's a good idea.

But the reveal for TWF at the end is sorta cute: http://www.youtube.com/adwords10?x=f...39964bae83464d

So...there.

I thought it was neat, though i'm sure while they were emphasizing the personal, all the other vids they sent out just swap in the different website names lol.

Neat...

Quote Originally Posted by Lebanese Dragon View Post
    I thought it was neat, though i'm sure while they were emphasizing the personal, all the other vids they sent out just swap in the different website names lol.
    Er... so does this?

Awwww, you're welcome Google.
    Last edited by Ziggy Stardust; 12-21-2010 at 07:23 AM. Reason: No! My Welcome!
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Er... so does this?
    ?
    They were going for this idea of personal, but it's still very generic they likely just had software to swap in the different names. This video is very identical to all the others they sent out. (Which means it wasn't that personal, if your still not seeing what i'm trying to say).

That video crashed my Laptop, by the time I got onto Task Manager and closed Firefox "plugin container for Firefox" was using a quarter of a GB of RAM.

EDIT: Tried watching it again with a freshly-loaded version of Firefox, crashed it again. By the time I got Task Manager to close it again this time it was using over half a GB and rising of RAM.

Odd. Had no issues here whatsoever.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    It's not even showing up for me.
    I enjoy blank walls.

No problems here - on IE.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

That wheelchair scientist is so corny he comes off as offensive...

I got as far as the bees coming off the trucks, then everything quit!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    That wheelchair scientist is so corny he comes off as offensive...
    Agreed, this is why engineers shouldn't be marketers.

Just watched the video on my desktop, had Task Manager open on the window next to it. The video was using above 300MB of RAM and frequently above 500MB of RAM the entire time, when the bees came out it was using over 700MB of RAM. Don't notice it in the performance of a desktop, but on my Laptop which only has 1GB total, that killed it.