Thread: Texas Holiday Cheer

Default Texas Holiday Cheer

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n7157952.shtml

(AP) HOUSTON (AP) - A Houston jewelry store owner shot and killed three armed men who tried to rob his business on Thursday, police said.

Two men were in an east Houston jewelry store Thursday afternoon pretending to be customers when a third man burst into the store and stated, "This is a robbery," said Houston police spokesman Kese Smith.

All three men then pulled out pistols, tied up the store owner's wife and took her to a back room, Smith said.

As they were trying to tie up the store owner, he took out a handgun from his waistband and fatally shot one of the suspects, Smith said. The store owner then grabbed a shotgun and shot and killed the two other suspects in an ensuring gun battle, Smith said.

The store owner was shot in the stomach and taken to a Houston hospital, where he was undergoing surgery. His wife was unharmed, Smith said.

The names of the three suspects and the 52-year-old store owner were not immediately released by authorities.

Police are looking for a fourth suspect who may have been the getaway driver and was last seen driving a brown or gold colored vehicle.

Well wishes and a speedy recovery to the store owner are warranted. The good news is that three criminals are now dead and Texas is a much safer place. Stories like these really warm my heart.

Remember folks. Criminals will always have guns the only difference is weather or not the law abiding citizens will have them. If the store owner didn't have a gun these useless sacks of flesh would still be alive today to terrorize other innocent citizens.

Well I guess I know who I'm robbing next

Lewk how many of these do we need? Every time it's the same story: property owner kills vagrants/thiefs; world is a better place.

and why is he allowed to continue posting this crap in the D&D? At least when kat posts his fetish stuff he is limited to a couple of threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    and why is he allowed to continue posting this crap in the D&D? At least when kat posts his fetish stuff he is limited to a couple of threads.
    See, the thing is, Lewk isn't crazy

He is a fair representation of a majority of the Pubbie voter base

He's the voice of a good quarter and a half of American people

How distasteful they may be, they're out there

Ruining the world for everybody

Curtailing Lewk won't help anyone
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

This particular thread doesn't really seem to belong in D&D, and I suggest it be moved, eg. to a "what's giving you a hardon right now" thread in GC.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

There are people who disagree that citizens should be allowed to bear arms. This is an example of why its important for the citizenry to be able to have guns.

Perhaps but it's clearly not a thread intended to foster discussion, original or otherwise. It would fit very well in some category of megathread in GC. Or, if you must, in a thread in D&D that gathers all of your other threads about this exact issue. Let's not turn D&D into the modern music/movie industry plz.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I thought people needed to have arms so their depressed teen children could blow their brains out. That happens far often than stopping a crime, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    This particular thread doesn't really seem to belong in D&D, and I suggest it be moved, eg. to a "what's giving you a hardon right now" thread in GC.
    If this thread existed, I would possibly move things into it.

The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by ']['ear View Post
    I thought people needed to have arms so their depressed teen children could blow their brains out. That happens far often than stopping a crime, after all.
    Yeah because its sooooo hard to kill yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Remember folks. Criminals will always have guns the only difference is weather or not the law abiding citizens will have them. If the store owner didn't have a gun these useless sacks of flesh would still be alive today to terrorize other innocent citizens.
    There are people who disagree that citizens should be allowed to bear arms. This is an example of why its important for the citizenry to be able to have guns.
    You support limits on the right to bear arms, you just aren't aware of it.
    . . .

Actually lets look at Tears assertion a little closer. Guns cause more suicides? Lets look at Canada who enacted gun laws and see what results we get with suicides.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Canada

The number firearm suicides in Canada dropped from a high of 1287 in 1978 to a low of 568 in 2004[27] while the number of non-firearm suicides increased from 2,046 in 1977 to 3,116 in 2003. It is, therefore, reasonable to conclude new gun laws in Canada have decreased gun suicides; however it is arguable that new gun laws have simply shifted those suicides to other means. No other social, political or economic factors correlated statistically in any of these results.
    So when guns become more rare in Canada fewer people die in gun suicides BUT more people will die from non-gun suicides. In the end its basically a wash. If you really want to kill yourself its pretty damn easy. And trampling on people's rights to *maybe* save some emo whiners is an absurd argument.

Actually lets look at Tears assertion a little closer.
    And trampling on people's rights to *maybe* save some emo whiners is an absurd argument.
    Actually, you support limits on the right to bear arms (and I guess by extension of your logic, trampling on people's rights), you just aren't aware of it, or at least aren't going to admit it.
    . . .

What are you talking about?

What are you talking about?
    You support limiting my right to bear arms, and the right to bear arms in general. You either aren't aware of this, or aren't willing to admit it.
    . . .

How so?
    Arms are any sort of weapon. You're completely fine with me owning, and not requiring any government regulation related to my owning of any weapon ranging from a nuclear weapon equipped Trident missile with launch system to a really dull spoon made of Nerf material? What about anything from mustard gas to pepper spray? Or how about weaponized Anthrax to just coughing on your really hard?
    . . .

Hmm, quite a bit of fuss about a simple comment of mine.

Yeah because its sooooo hard to kill yourself.
    Yes, it is. Organisms are designed to be quite durable, and it takes some serious balls to kill yourself. Women tend to choose nonviolent methods like overdoses, while men choose to use violence. But it takes serious stones to kill yourself violently, and it's not easy.

Well wishes and a speedy recovery to the store owner are warranted. The good news is that three criminals are now dead and Texas is a much safer place. Stories like these really warm my heart.

Everyone is a law abiding citizen, until they break the law, duh. Do you support laws to keep guns out of criminals' hands, or do you say criminals will always have guns as a justification to arm everyone else?

Great, now Lewk is bringing up Canada to support his deluded points of view. On behalf of a ungrateful nation I say "Bugger Off Lewk, keep your "Hurray another scumbag gets his just desserts" attitude south of the border, we already have enough assholes up here who think like you. Remember one thing Lewk, there are probably some people down south who would write the same things about you if you bit the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    If this thread existed, I would possibly move things into it.
    Dreadnaught

Administrator
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

He wants a plebiscite to consolidate his position, in particular in the eyes of foreign diplomats and press.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.