Thread: Holiday discounts over at Steam

Red face Holiday discounts over at Steam

I've just returned after having gotten myself Bioshock, Braid (genius little platformer), Trine, Audiosurf, World of Goo, The Orange Box and Company of Heroes for 60 bucks (!). There were a few more games in the package, but those are the ones I intend to install.

There are 13 new deals each day (till 2nd of January) that include standalone titles and packages, and also interesting, huge collections where one developer pretty much sells off all their titles for discounts up to 85%. That's pretty amazing, I think. Among the games I saw which I definitely recommend, are Company of Heroes and the Hitman franchise. Bioshock too, for that matter. All go for 5 dollars individually.

Also, those who caught onto this offer sooner than me, would you mind telling me what games were out on the earlier daily deals? I know I can't turn time back, but I'm still curious to know.
    Tomorrow is like an empty canvas that extends endlessly, what should I sketch on it?

Everybody buy Super Meat Boy

Doooooo eeeeett
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Previous sales:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/searc...m+holiday+sale Most threads have several hundred (or more) comments, which can kill lesser browsers and machines.

I've mentioned it a few times in the gaming thread(s), the sale is already half over and I doubt we will see Super Meat Boy going on sale sale again. But its still worth whatever they are charging for it right now. Especially if you love games that are RAGEQUIT hard. If you can purchase within the next hour I recommend Ball and Plants vs Zombies.

What I purchased since the sale started (but after the contest ended)
    The Ball
    Plants vs. Zombies
    SimCity 4 Deluxe
    Crysis (ROW)
    Machinarium
    Serious Sam Gold Pack (US)
    FlatOut2
    Monkey Island:SE Bundle
    FlatOut
    Overlord Complete Pack
    Mass Effect 2
    Bully: Scholarship Edition
    Puzzle Quest
    Prince of Persia: Two Thrones
    Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within
    Winterbottom
    Prince of Persia
    Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands - Digital Deluxe Edition
    Super Meat Boy

Thanks!

Appears I haven't lost out on too much then. Bad Company 2 for 6.80$ (why the hell do they price differently in Europe though?).

I wish for Anno 1404 to get cut, and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. By then I think my cargo has been filled, and I'll be set for two years ahead.

Also Ominious... do you know a way to specify the installation directory of the games? Is this decided by the hard drive Steam is installed on? Now they install onto my SSD, and crave a lot of space. Ideally I'd want one or two games there only.
    Tomorrow is like an empty canvas that extends endlessly, what should I sketch on it?

All games from Steam install in the Steam folder. Steam allows games to share files, to reduce download and install sizes, so it doesn't give you the choice of an advanced install.

The upside is that you can download your games from Steam as often as you want. You are only limited by whatever restrictions your ISP has on bandwidth or monthly usage. Right click on a title in your library and select delete (I think) to remove it from your harddrive.

EDIT:
    Looks like you got your Hot Pursuit wish.
    Also see the game Wraith suggested.

40% is an alright cut, but I had hoped for more. Think I'll use the day to dwell upon whether I'm buying it or not.

So is it possible to just dump my Steam folder over to the other hard drive?

I got The Indie Beat bundle (Beat Hazard, BIT.TRIP BEAT, Chime, Penumbra: Overture, The Polynomial, Rhythm Zone, and Turba), Nation Red, and BioShock 2 through gifting, then bought Dead Space and Plants vs Zombies myself. Where will I find the time?

You should be able to transplant your Steam folder to somewhere else as long as you reinstall Steam in that location, I believe.
    Your search had no results.

You can play your Steam games on multiple comps, right? As long as you have it/them installed?

Some of them include 3rd party DRM from the publisher.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...2#post17035182 (Not as recent as it could be )

I bought the Anno 1404 Gold Edition game today. The offers came quicker than I expected.

Also seriously recommend anyone who hasn't played Hitman, to buy the three games for 7.50€ (dunno what US prices are). They are pure genius!

I picked up Hitman Codename 47 for sure. I'm only missing Contracts now.
    Also got Farcry 2 and the Starwars pack. The STALKER combo had me torn since I hate rebuying games, but Pripyat alone is worth more than $5. So I caved

Rejoice! Contracts is my favorite game in the franchise. I absolutely love it.

Look at that! Company of Heroes and Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts for 3.74 dollars. One of the best strategy games which I also loved playing through.

Last day of the sale, so if anyone wanted anything at a discount now is the time.

Missed out on the Half Life sale. I thought that one in particular was longer than 1 day. Oh, well, another time perhaps.