Thread: What do you regret this year?

Default What do you regret this year?

I'm not much for year-based introspection, but I'm trying to think about a few major regrets I've had this year. A final decision coming easily, but I'll find something.

How bouts you?

You mean personal regrets, as in things we could have done differently when hindsight is 20/20?

Probably same as every year, regretting my procrastinations. Seems to escalate each year though, from filing tax extensions to sending Christmas gifts as New Year's gifts. These days when I send a birthday card it's always belated. I still have a gift for someone that's been sitting in my closet for months.

I have many things I've been meaning to do, but keep putting them off for another day, tomorrow, next week!

Pretty soon the days turn into weeks, then months, and no excuse can justify it. I regret that, because while I while away the time, special people end up feeling forgotten.

Not making the most out of my relationship with my ex-girlfriend, and not getting the closure I need for it.

meh.

Coming up blank. Which is sorta messing with my groove.

Honestly, I don't know.
    There are many things I can imagine that I might regret - but for every one of those, I must admit that in the long run, it's better this way.
    It's been a pretty good year, all things considered. But I certainly hope I will never have to live through such a year again.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

To be honest, when I reflect on it this has personally been an amazing year in a lot of ways. I think my only regret is I wasn't able to land in a relationship that lasted more than a few months before I realized we weren't a match.

I guess I was hoping to provoke myself and others to distill things down to one main lesson we can all walk away with, but I can't. Happy New Year!

Christ, you want a memoir?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Don't dwell on the past.
    Onward, hoes!

I regret again having my belly cut open and organs rousted out this year. I'm shooting for 12 straight months without major surgery.

I have one huge regret but now I'm stuck with it, so I guess I will just deal with the consequences and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by ']['ear View Post
    I regret again having my belly cut open and organs rousted out this year. I'm shooting for 12 straight months without major surgery.
    Didn't you more or less have to do that to avoid dying? How is that a legitimate regret? Or do you regret not letting yourself die?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post
    Don't dwell on the past.
    Onward, hoes!
    My thoughts as well

I regret that I brought my laptop to school even with my mild case of computer obsession. Not much was done last year. This one I'll try to keep it at home, even if it violates rules.
    Tomorrow is like an empty canvas that extends endlessly, what should I sketch on it?

This year, I was not the best of all possible men. That is the extent of my transgression and for that I render my garment.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

should have done more for my education, I suppose.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Nout to regret really, but this year (2011) will be absolutely packed out with bits n bobs so i'm looking forward to the challenge.