Thread: What did you do over the break?

Default What did you do over the break?

Regardless of age, a break should be marked by indulges in hedonistic pleasures, sex, masturbation, friends, video games, and catching up on sleep because sadistic teacher assign you a behemoth amount of homework. Getting only three to four hours of sleep every night, i was expecting to awake rejuvenated every day from my slumber, too fucking bad I had:

-7 chapters of AP Comparative Government chapters to read which translates into three hundred and fifty two pages (because my teacher realized he's been teaching too slowly as he has to cover two courses in approximately a school yeah)

-I read Heart of Darkness twice over the course of my break because it's such a fascinating book. Conrad is a superb writer and i'm sure his book has over three layers of meaning. While i thoroughly enjoyed reading it, i'm still counting it as homework because reading it was my AP Literature and Composition assignment.

-I had too many pages of AP Calculus BC homework to count, plus a winter packet, a quiz on the day we return, and a midterm the next class I have Calc.

-I had over thirty pages of AP French Literature pages to complete, wasn't too bad for me, I'm fluent in Français.

-AP Macro Economics--- my teacher was kind enough to not assign us homework

-AP Environmental Science---my teacher was kind enough to not assign us homework

-Business Law/Management--- ^

Mind you, it might sound as if i'm a whinny pussiole, but i'm more disillusioned than frustrated because I only have three days left of my winter break and i finally completed all my homework assignments, and college applications. Much as the Europeans scrambled for Africa, most of my friends will scramble to finish their homework. However, by break was anything but rejuvenatory.

And my most memorable moment thus far has been getting wasted and ending up in California with one of my friends last night (we live in Virginia). Ok not really, i don't drink. :/

Hopefully I'll be able to frolic in the (two-centimeter deep snow) in my backyard or some shit. Anyone wanna join me?

sooo, what have most of you done over the last week(s) or so?

De-bobbling my cardigans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Steam, with a little GoldenEye or Hot Pursuit Wii thrown in when the kids start nagging.

+ Haven't gone into work since last Thursday. "Worked" from home. So far no one had noticed, but then again no one is there.

+ Went sledding on deadly hill.

+ Got with really awesome girl during blizzard.

+ Re-installed CounterStrike after seven years (it's now on Mac) and remembered how addictive computer games can be. Considering uninstalling.

+ Chinatown on Christmas.

+ Read some of George Bush's book. Weird.

+ Spent time with the kids, who gave me a cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    What the heck does that mean...? Is it a pertinent to a car, or maybe it's an innuendo for masturbation?

Cardigans get little bobbles of wool on them.

I therefore need to de-bobble them to get them all nice and smooth again.

It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

I've been very, very drunk

Since Monday, I think? Though I did drink last weekend, too. Hmm.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Nessus. I love you.

That is all.

I am pretty lovable
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I read.

I froze.

I carried firewood.

I got snowed on for Christmas, that really sucked.

I spent the money I got for Christmas on a keurig, it's fucking awesome.

I made an apple pie.

I watched my daughter become the princess of texting.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

What's a break and how do I get one.

Just kidding; hubby's been off all week so I do get breaks.

Might as well ask what everyone is planning on doing tonight.

I plan to have a giant orgy with my best friends next to a roaring fire somewhere in the woods, or playing video games until midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post

What is your preferred method?

Me, I traveled to Lancaster County, PA to visit mother-in-law, hang with nieces. Oh, and I fixed my in-law's and her husband's computers: the desktops themselves were trainwrecks, and their wireless didn't work for their laptops. FFS! Spent about two days doing that, and even then not everything is hunky dory.

PS Most of the worst parties I've been to were NY's eve parties. So a while back I just quit that, though I'll often hang with some friends and chat. A couple of those gatherings have failed to notice midnight when it passed. As it should be, because it's pretty fucking stupid when you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    I've been very, very drunk
    This. To lesser extent than Ness, but still.
    Oh, had to write a report about what work I've done during the last year, give or take a few months. That sucked, since I still have no idea whether the whole project has been successful or not... Then again, I don't care too much. It's just a matter of time till I get a conclusive result, and there's no deadline (that I've been informed about, anyway), so, meh.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

Hmm I honestly don't have anything to bitch about.

I went dirtbiking/offroading/mudding/atv..ing? a lot.

I got a shitload of movies for christmas, a super powerful laser pointer, and an electric acoustic.

I went to quite a few bonfires and hung out with my friends almost every day for the last 2 weeks

Yup can't really think of anything else

- christmas weekend; flying back to Amsterdam preparing for funeral
    - 27th funeral
    - 28th looking at medical files and deciding that lies at hospital had been pretty bad
    - 28th flight back to Istanbul
    - 30th gave in to the urge to bake a apple pie from scratch, failed because I didn't know how to operate the Istanbul oven
    - 31st, baked a perfect apple pie from scratch, since I had figured out to operate said oven, had friends over for dinner and drinks till midnight, went to bed relatively early after that, lots of phonecalls
    1st, stayed in home, slouching and doing nothing p
    plans untill 11th; as things come.
    Congratulations America

Ha, I made coconut pie yesterday, apple pie at the beginning of the week. Oh, and a quiche at some time.

Presumably once the new wears off of my shiny new food processor I'll lost the desire to constantly make things with pastry.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

I'm done celebrating New Years, surprised none of my peers brought any alcohol. Some of them are fucktards.

I'll be taking a power nap. brb, lul.

Wait, Hazir your mother* died? Sorry, I think I must have missed that.

* It was your mother in the hospital, right?

Sister, not mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Wait, Hazir your mother* died? Sorry, I think I must have missed that.

* It was your mother in the hospital, right?
    Sister, and yes she died.
    Congratulations America

Oh no, I'm so sorry (and for forgetting who was in the hospital).

Sorry Hazir.

I worked, no break.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

Went north to Cervantes, drank too much, ate too much, went off-road in my Land Cruiser, swimming, fishing, dune sledding, dirt bike riding and shooting.

All in all a very good break, now to give my liver a rest and return to work for a few days...
    Such is Life...

Quote Originally Posted by BalticSailor View Post
    This. To lesser extent than Ness, but still.
    This. To lesser extent than Ness and Baltic, but still.

And watched some movies, ate a lot, and read 1984.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

This took me most of the break when I wasn't playing the games listed. Would have finished it during break too if we hadn't all got so freaking sick.
    holy shit its long:

Click to view the full version

Now to find which file(s) I need to back up so I never have to do that again...

I done to much over the break, it's finally caught up with me on my first day back to work. I got a big fat 3hrs 40mins worth of sleep last night and will surely be paying the price for this tonight! What sucks even more, i wont be having an early night tonight as we have to visit a friend as her son turns 18 today.

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    I done to much over the break, it's finally caught up with me on my first day back to work. I got a big fat 3hrs 40mins worth of sleep last night and will surely be paying the price for this tonight! What sucks even more, i wont be having an early night tonight as we have to visit a friend as her son turns 18 today.
    I hate sleep lackingNess.