Thread: What are you glad about this year?

Default What are you glad about this year?

Dread's one seems a bit depressing, every year people seem to be "well glad that year's behind us" ... I've actually enjoyed 2010 on the whole. So what's made you smile this year?

After over a year of difficulties trying to do so, Amanda and I buying our first home has definitely been my highlight

What's with all the looking back and reflecting? You people are all getting fucking old and depressing.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Indeed, on the back of my thread, I should say this was amazing year.

+ Switched jobs and it turned out fabulously.
    + Took my first vacation in 2.5 years and saw Hong Kong, Shanghai and Australia. Brain stopped engaging with daily grind (good thing) and went skydiving.
    + Had a really relaxing summer; extended a bunch of domestic work trips into fun side trips.
    + While I wasn't able to start a steady relationship, they were all good experiences and I learned a lot about myself.
    + Spent lots of time with the family helping take care of the kids.
    + Did something crazy and irresponsible for once and bought a car.
    + Finally got to walk away from the censorship of Atard and be here.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post

What's with all the looking back and reflecting? You people are all getting fucking old and depressing.
    Actually, I've welcomed the New Year in a jumper and full of cold, feeling old for the first time.

I'm not dead...? If only there were some meaning to life....
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Bad news, you're right there with us. Attitude and great looks can't change it.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Scarlett has blown away every expectation I had.

Partied more than ever, met a bunch of fun people.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

1. Got the mortgage in principle for my new home - just waiting for the bleeding thing to be built.
    2. Brought a new car (A right bargain too!)
    3. More importantly, I still have my job.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    I'm not dead...?
    Growing older has its upside.

1. My language/holiday trip to Australia. It has been very interesting to travel so far on my own. Seen a lot and met many many people. I also think it got me further in the way I approach people.
    2. Seeing Venice. Absolutely wonderful place, so different to any other city.
    (Fuerteventura was also nice but compared to my other two trips not so special)
    3. Starting my new job at my family's company. It mostly went well. I still need to learn a lot though as I will have to take responsibility for it in the future.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

I'll put this here. Elton John has a baby son. And his middle name is Levon.