Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuckin' tidal forces, how do they work?

Default Fuckin' tidal forces, how do they work?

(Newser)– Apparently, Bill O’Reilly has never heard of the moon. In a debate Tuesday with Dave Silverman, head of the American Atheist group behind this, the Fox host tried to prove the existence of God by citing the unknowable mysteries of the tides. “I’ll tell you why [religion is] not a scam, in my opinion,” he told Silverman. “Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can’t explain that. You can’t explain why the tide goes in.”

Silverman looked stunned. “Tide goes in, tide goes out?” he stuttered. O’Reilly pressed on. “The water, the tide—it comes in and it goes out. It always goes in, then it goes out. … You can’t explain that. You can’t explain it.” Of course, Raw Story points out, people who passed high school science might tell you that tides are caused by the gravitational pull of the moon as it orbits the earth. But Silverman had a better response: “Maybe it’s Thor up on Mount Olympus who’s making the tides go in and out." (Click for more on O'Reilly and the very high-profile interview he just landed.)
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

What a fucking IDIOT! Why the FUCK can this moron say shit like this and not be exposed as the IDIFUCKINGIT that he is and lose his audience???? Why? BECAUSE THEY ARE IDIOTS TOO!

The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Calm down, everyone. I'm pretty sure Bill was just saying "How can you explain that we have a moon and an earth and a sun, and just the right conditions for life? Is it just an astronomical coincidence?"

Quote Originally Posted by agamemnus View Post
    Calm down, everyone. I'm pretty sure Bill was just saying "How can you explain that we have a moon and an earth and a sun, and just the right conditions for life? Is it just an astronomical coincidence?"
    How, exactly?
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

{also love Shaq face, and am secretly praying that Shaq goes into broadcasting after his fat ass retires.}

You postulate this for a man whose profession is to be clear and articulate?

Quote Originally Posted by ']['ear View Post
    You postulate this for a man whose profession is to be clear and articulate?
    I guess Bill just gets flustered on this topic, especially when arguing against someone who looks like the devil.

And the other times he said it, as shown in the Colbert clip?

I don't know how flustered you'd have to be to say "we don't know how tides work" instead of "how do you explain how the conditions on earth are just right for life?".
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

This old fossil can't explain tides but expects people to join him in having faith in a bunch of old fables written but folks that thought the world was flat and made up of the middle east and Northern Africa and that we all somehow owe a debt of gratitude to a jewish zombie that is claimed to have died for our sins. Of course based on the fables themselves he really died because he was a fucking hippie that pissed off the Establishment of the day but that just doesn't get the flocks of morons singing in the aisles...
    Such is Life...

Oh. You're joking.
    The Rules

Hilarious innit
    Such is Life...

Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    Hilarious innit
    Not you, Aggie. Of course you were joking. But Aggie's joke was very deadpan. Like this:
    The Rules

I hope he is joking, life gets a little more frightening every time I realise that some people really do like/relate to guys like Bill Doh'Reilly - I mean people other than Lewk of course.
    Such is Life...

I guess Bill just gets flustered on this topic, especially when arguing against someone who looks like the devil.
    He gets flustered frequently.

http://www.opinionatedlib.com/2011/0...ce-of-god.html
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

He who knows nothing, doubts nothing. Yet again.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

Where ya been, BS?
    The Rules

Quote Originally Posted by BalticSailor View Post
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing. Yet again.
    "Blessed are the small minded, for they have no room for doubt."

Just found out that this is the guy who's getting the second Fox News interview with Obama.

I think/hope that's what he's saying, but for a guy whose job is to communicate he's sure not making that clear at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Just found out that this is the guy who's getting the second Fox News interview with Obama.
    Link doesn't work for me.

"Mr. President, how do you explain deficits go up, deficits go down. Taxes come in, spending goes out?"
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

"Wars start, wars stop...and you think the government has something to do with this? Do you really think you're GOD, Mr. Obama?"

Dread, just wondering in an OT way, but are you Atheist?
    The Rules

Steely can I have a link to that article please?

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    What a fucking IDIOT! Why the FUCK can this moron say shit like this and not be exposed as the IDIFUCKINGIT that he is and lose his audience???? Why? BECAUSE THEY ARE IDIOTS TOO!

You mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    You mad bro?
    In both senses of the word.
    The Rules

How do you find the time, and how often do you hit refresh on UserCP?
    These are just some of the questions which will not matter tomorrow.

What? And never. Usually.
    The Rules

How do you find the time to be mad in both senses?
    Usually never? You have an insanely quick response time.