Thread: James Joyce's Letters

Default James Joyce's Letters

http://loveletters.tribe.net/thread/...e-0dfa6ac7142d

This is incredible. Some many layers of meaning wrapped in each sentence. However, I am not yet sure if this has ruined Joyce for me, or made him exponentially more amazing. On a side note: these are real.

gave you a bigger stronger fuck than usual, fat dirty farts came spluttering out of your backside. You had an arse full of farts that night, darling, and I fucked them out of you, big fat fellows, long windy ones, quick little merry cracks and a lot of tiny little naughty farties ending in a long gush from your hole. It is wonderful to fuck a farting woman when every fuck drives one out of her.

How ... romantic.

Have always meant to read Joyce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

When they banned Ulysseus for obscenity, he must have been thinking.."you dicks ain't seen nothing yet."

Quote Originally Posted by Crowheart View Post
    When they banned Ulysseus for obscenity, he must have been thinking.."you dicks ain't seen nothing yet."
    LOL. That was genius.

Also, I've never been with a girl before, but thanks to Mr. Joyce, as soon as I am accepted into college, I will be getting laid every waking moments of my life thanks to those beguiling and seductive sentences.

The fart verses will get you laid in a second, I'm sure.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

You never know when a girl might be a copropheliac.

I read these years ago, but I think now I have more of an attention span to find the creepy details in all of this.

EG:

Does it give you the horn now to shit? I wonder how you can do it. Do you come in the act of shitting or do you frig yourself off first and then shit? It must be a fearfully lecherous thing to see a girl with her clothes up frigging furiously at her cunt, to see her pretty white drawers pulled open behind and her bum sticking out and a fat brown thing stuck half-way out of her hole. You say you will shit your drawers, dear, and let me fuck you then. I would like to hear you shit them, dear, first and then fuck you. Some night when we are somewhere in the dark and talking dirty and you feel your shite ready to fall put your arms round my neck in shame and shit it down softly. The sound will madden me and when I pull up your dress

No use continuing! You can guess why!
    This is the modern day equivalent of the "you should never make a sex tape" adage. You should never write down what you're thinking about sex.