Thread: Haiti Hell

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Haiti Hell

The levees have broken, the tide rushes in, death and destruction, chaos and anarchy ensue.

What a horrible humanitarian mess. Do I need to post a link to an article, or can we just discuss this ongoing nightmare as it unfolds?

One of the most disturbing images was on NYT, a slide show of the piles of dead bodies, with a baby on top, looking like a ragdoll in a diaper. But it was a real person, a baby!

Who can do that kind of thing, just dump bodies in piles? This isn't the Killing Fields during a war. Who the hell uses bulldozers to scoop up bodies and dump them in mass graves?

Civil War medicine, field triage, they're amputating limbs without general anesthesia, on the side of the road. Poorest country in the western hemisphere. Desperation at its height.

Yet, yesterday I overheard some asshole at the barber shop, saying "We've got problems of our own, we can't take care of the world, our military has become Meals on Wheels!"

FFS that sounds like something Limbaugh would say....

What happens when it rains in Haiti? Will all their huts and latrines just wash away? What about all the people laying on the ground with injuries? Will all the hospital tents be rendered useless?

Where will all the blood and biological debris "go"?

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    What happens when it rains in Haiti? Will all their huts and latrines just wash away? What about all the people laying on the ground with injuries? Will all the hospital tents be rendered useless?

Where will all the blood and biological debris "go"?
    Probably to a place near you.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Probably to a place near you.
    What's that mean? If it's a joke then I dont get it. I also dont think this is a joking matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    And apparently you fail to see the value of transporting injured people to the nearest hospital. Or didn't you get the comparative?
    No, you are being completely unclear in the message you are trying to get accross. Untill you start applying some logic to what you actually write I am going to stop answering. I don't care too much to have to do telepathy to understand two-line messages.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    What's that mean? If it's a joke then I dont get it. I also dont think this is a joking matter.
    It wasn't a joke, it was a wild guess.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    It wasn't a joke, it was a wild guess.
    That the human debris and death from Haiti might come my way soon via the ocean currents or desperate immigrants?

That's not a wild guess, that's just tacky.

Yes, you can say it, but that doesn't mean you should.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/2010020...53494195823100

Interesting argument the scientists are making. Should be interesting to see if they're taken seriously.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/2010020...53494195823100

Interesting argument the scientists are making. Should be interesting to see if they're taken seriously.
    Indeed, there are good arguments to move that city and obviously there is a lot of desire to poor a lot of money into Haiti so we as an international community could let Haiti enjoy a real estate boom of Dubai-i proportions. So they can feel at least for a couple of years how it feels to have an economy that actually produces something.
    Congratulations America

What happened? I lost my reply and quote, and got a message saying this thread has more than 30 replies, please click here?