Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Haiti Hell

What are you trying to say? Do you think the US can even start to begin helping all of them? The US couldn't even help itself, it would be foolish to expect it will be able to help all Haitian victims of that earthquake.

The money spent on them will in the end be paid by the poorest of your own citizens.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    What are you trying to say?
    Human life means more to a piss-ant country like Venezuela than it does to the World Police of Human Rights. But you knew what I was saying without that.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Human life means more to a piss-ant country like Venezuela than it does to the World Police of Human Rights. But you knew what I was saying without that.
    I was affraid you were trying to say that yes. However, can you tell me what actual help a debt cancelling is to a country that's effectively not going to pay anyway?

Venezuela doing some accounting is of less help to the victims of that earthquake than a bag of American rice.
    Congratulations America

I was affraid you were trying to say that yes. However, can you tell me what actual help a debt cancelling is to a country that's effectively not going to pay anyway?

Venezuela doing some accounting is of less help to the victims of that earthquake than a bag of American rice.
    It's a third of their international debt. They need fuel. How much fuel can you produce with a bag of rice?

It's a third of their international debt. They need fuel. How much fuel can you produce with a bag of rice?
    So nice, so now they have a debt they aren't not paying that's only two-thirds of what it was. It doesn't mean they have more money, it also doesn't mean they can buy fuel with it. The Haitian state has virtually ceased to exist and most likely when there's going to be some IGC about its future all debts will be cancelled. Chavez is just making some PR points on the back of Haitians. In the meanwhile real Americans are breaking their backs giving some real help on the ground in Port-au-Prince.

Interesting to see that you fall for his cheap tricks.
    Congratulations America

So nice, so now they have a debt they aren't not paying that's only two-thirds of what it was. It doesn't mean they have more money, it also doesn't mean they can buy fuel with it. The Haitian state has virtually ceased to exist and most likely when there's going to be some IGC about its future all debts will be cancelled. Chavez is just making some PR points on the back of Haitians. In the meanwhile real Americans are breaking their backs giving some real help on the ground in Port-au-Prince.

Interesting to see that you fall for his cheap tricks.
    And apparently you fail to see the value of transporting injured people to the nearest hospital. Or didn't you get the comparative?

Probably to a place near you.
    What's that mean? If it's a joke then I dont get it. I also dont think this is a joking matter.

And apparently you fail to see the value of transporting injured people to the nearest hospital. Or didn't you get the comparative?
    No, you are being completely unclear in the message you are trying to get accross. Untill you start applying some logic to what you actually write I am going to stop answering. I don't care too much to have to do telepathy to understand two-line messages.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    What's that mean? If it's a joke then I dont get it. I also dont think this is a joking matter.
    It wasn't a joke, it was a wild guess.
    Congratulations America

It wasn't a joke, it was a wild guess.
    That the human debris and death from Haiti might come my way soon via the ocean currents or desperate immigrants?

That's not a wild guess, that's just tacky.

Yes, you can say it, but that doesn't mean you should.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    That the human debris and death from Haiti might come my way soon via the ocean currents or desperate immigrants?

That's not a wild guess, that's just tacky.

Yes, you can say it, but that doesn't mean you should.
    I laugh at people trying to use my own words against me.
    Congratulations America

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/2010020...53494195823100

Interesting argument the scientists are making. Should be interesting to see if they're taken seriously.
    Hope is the denial of reality

What happened? I lost my reply and quote, and got a message saying this thread has more than 30 replies, please click here?

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/2010020...53494195823100

Interesting argument the scientists are making. Should be interesting to see if they're taken seriously.
    Indeed, there are good arguments to move that city and obviously there is a lot of desire to poor a lot of money into Haiti so we as an international community could let Haiti enjoy a real estate boom of Dubai-i proportions. So they can feel at least for a couple of years how it feels to have an economy that actually produces something.
    Congratulations America