Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Classic Blue (alpha test)

Dear Illusions and/or wraith

On opera, the quick reply box shows up on classic blue with a dark background and black text. pls fix this asap.

i i am writing this on classic blue right now
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Dear Illusions and/or wraith

On opera, the quick reply box shows up on classic blue with a dark background and black text. pls fix this asap.

i i am writing this on classic blue right now
    Its pretty much like that on every browser...still don't know on my end how to fix this one.

I fixed it on the test forums! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I still don't know what value did it, I just went through and added 'color:#EEEEEE;' after anything with '.editor_textbox' ...maybe Wraith can make sense of it, but it looks to be alright, and I haven't found anything it might have broken...yet...
    Last edited by Illusions; 01-29-2010 at 08:47 PM.
    . . .

nessie inforomed me that it it shows up white on black for her. different browers are clearly interpreting the default value of the text box differently.

pls it also does this on wraiths fay [purple vision theme
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

nessie inforomed me that it it shows up white on black for her. different browers are clearly interpreting the default value of the text box differently.

pls it also does this on wraiths fay [purple vision theme
    Works in Opera on the test forum as well. Once Wraith rolls over the changes to here it should be fixed. Almost there! Just a few minor things to change and some icons/images to edit...

Edit: It also appears that Firefox so far is the only browser to get the nifty rounded borders...hrmmm...looks alright either way though...
    . . .

Also, poll colours.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

classic blue is awesome now, expect the post icons are displaying funny. Dunno if you knew that.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

The spaces have been set up for the new icons, which aren't uploaded yet, and Illusions doesn't like us hotlinking to his site. I'm hoping Illusions will give me an easy zip file with all the icons soon so they can be hosted here. *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    The spaces have been set up for the new icons, which aren't uploaded yet, and Illusions doesn't like us hotlinking to his site. I'm hoping Illusions will give me an easy zip file with all the icons soon so they can be hosted here. *cough*
    I'm out of the house right now, but I'll give Wraith a nice zip file later tonight. Just one or two more status icons to change, then its on to the other ones. I'll also see what I can do about the last few stylevar changes. I wouldn't mind the hot-linking, but I still use GoDaddy for hosting and I've heard they can be dicks sometimes.

Hrmm...I just went to edit my post to say that I'm glad that you guys like how Classic Blue is turning out, and it looks like the text is still black when editing posts in normal mode, however temporarily until I figure this extra bit out, go advanced when editing and the text will turn white.
    . . .

I agree with 'The Glint', Classic Blue is looking rather fetching.

Community Question:

How do you all feel about font sizes throughout the boards? Would you change any in certain areas? If so where, and by how much?

Just want to make sure no one is having any problems reading things.
    . . .

Font size is fine. But you have placeholder colours on the member list page still.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Font size is fine. But you have placeholder colours on the member list page still.
    Member list is fixed, just hasn't been ported over yet. If you see weird colors in any other places let me know. There are still a few I have marked off but I haven't found what they actually affect.

Personal List:
    1. Member names in summaries (too small / not bold)
    2. Notifications drop down
    3. Reply box edit mode and advanced mode
    4. Images
    5. Font size in reply boxes not standardized.
    Last edited by Illusions; 02-01-2010 at 07:14 PM.
    . . .

As you mentioned, in the notifications dropdown at the top right. There are marked off (forest green) boxes in the "Inbox" and "Sent Items" folder, I'm assuming only visible with empty folders.

They haven't been marked off or anything but there are a few section headers in UserCP>Forum settings and UserCP>Edit Profile that are breaking the layout, in black and haven't been mentioned yet, i think.

[edit]The background image when hovering over a friend in the full friends list of a user's profile is marked in neon green.
    Last edited by icks; 02-01-2010 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by icks View Post
    As you mentioned, in the notifications dropdown at the top right. There are marked off (forest green) boxes in the "Inbox" and "Sent Items" folder, I'm assuming only visible with empty folders.
    Oh, its a progress bar. Depending on how full your inbox is, it will show a mixture of green, yellow, and red. This was how it was on the other forum, and how it is in the other themes, so I haven't thought to change it.

They haven't been marked off or anything but there are a few section headers in UserCP>Forum settings and UserCP>Edit Profile that are breaking the layout, in black and haven't been mentioned yet, i think.
    Thanks, have to find what controls those.
    . . .

Guess I put this here? In Classic Blue, the Remember Me button is mostly covered up by the blue banner thingie. I had to click it just right, knowing it was back there 'somewhere'. Was slow to figure out why changing pages and refreshing me kept logging me out.

The red underlining for spellcheck is both good and irritating. It even underlines noob.

I'm on the Dark Vision now but it's a bit too fuzzy for my old messed up eyes

The PM notification doesn't pop-up like it did at that cough other place.

Refreshing any page takes me back to the general forum page (is that normal or did I set something wrong?)

Am on Safari OSX that's several animals behind the rest of the mac zoo.

Thanks for all the work you guys did, very impressive.

Some of the problems you've reported can be fixed by updating your bookmark. Go here: http://www.theworldforgotten.com/ instead.

Pop-up notification is a user-level setting. You should be able to turn it on in your settings. If it is on, and the behavior is somewhat different, you'll have to explain it to me. I never used pop-up PMs in the old place.

The red underlining is a feature of your browser, not the forum. I'm not familiar with Safari, so I can't help much with this, but there should be an option somewhere to turn off spell-check.

The disappearing "remember me" button only appears on certain browsers. It'll be fixed once the banner gets put in. That might be a while, so I'll try to work up a temporary fix tomorrow.

Now I will have 3 changes to bookmarks?? Can't you change the bookmark so everyone arrives at the same place?

PM Pop up notification is On, but it only pops up if I change pages or logout/logon.

Even then the notification tab up can say I have new unread message, but no pop up was given as I moved around; it's like they hide

I can't change your bookmarks. They're a feature of your browser.

It only checks for new messages when you change pages. It should only give you the pop-up once, so if you don't read all your messages then, it'll still say you have new messages but there won't be a pop-up until you get another new one.

The disappearing "remember me" button only appears on certain browsers. It'll be fixed once the banner gets put in. That might be a while, so I'll try to work up a temporary fix tomorrow.
    Hey Wraith, I just made a quick completely transparent banner to fill the space, you can download it here and just put it in the matching folder. This should fix the problem until we get a banner.
    . . .

Update: Classic Blue Finalization

Alright, so here's the deal. I'm pretty much winding down what is feasibly and easily changeable with the tools given by vBulletin, and almost done with updating/changing over the stock images, for instance making the editor controls white instead of dark gray. I would very much like to, by the end of the week/Monday 1-2 AM EST, call Classic Blue final for the time being. I am very much open to making changes later on should they crop up, however the point of this topic is to get a list of any remaining usability issues you may have encountered. If your issue is with an image, for instance something like the B I U in the editor controls being dark gray and unreadable, hold off until about 2/3 AM EST on Friday as I will be attempting to send Wraith some .zip files containing the most recent image sets after I get home from work.

After Classic Blue is finalized I will also be attempting a Classic Blue - Sans Orange for those that have requested it or may want to use it.

Since I'm not a web designer, nor aspiring to be one, I'll be moving onto other non-web related personal projects afterward, however like I mentioned earlier feel free to post in this thread or PM me with any issue you might find even after Classic Blue is finalized. Thanks to all of you who have helped in making this endeavor easier and providing your eyeballs for testing, as well as enduring some temporary aesthetic unpleasantness, and especially Wraith for putting up with my random crap and weirdness in the testing forum.

So...uhh...post away!

Edit: I also hope you enjoy some of the features that Classic Blue currently enjoys that other styles do not, such as greater thread summary readability, and less ugly thread icons (but I guess we should thank whoever originally made those, whoever that might be). I guess this part is partially aimed at those people using the "other" styles.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    After Classic Blue is finalized I will also be attempting a Classic Blue - Sans Orange for those that have requested it or may want to use it.
    Your work is appreciated.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

The page that allows you to view what edits you've made to your posts has a white table with white text.
    Thats not cool yo

We have one of those?
    This is probably why, as I'm confused as well...
    . . .

illusions, you edited post #42 in this thread. Click on your tiny name, thats the page I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    illusions, you edited post #42 in this thread. Click on your tiny name, thats the page I'm talking about.
    I don't have a tiny name for that post. You use a different method of forum navigation right? Post an image
    . . .

"last edited by Illusions"

"last edited by Illusions"
    Its not a link for me.

Test

Edit: Alright, figured out the problem, I can only click on the "Last edited by..." if its recent. Apparently I can't even edit old posts, for instance #42 is both un-editable, and the link is unclickable.

I've bookmarked the page, I'll have to give it a look at tomorrow.
    Last edited by Illusions; 03-24-2010 at 04:50 AM.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Its not a link for me.

Test

Edit: Alright, figured out the problem, I can only click on the "Last edited by..." if its recent. Apparently I can't even edit old posts, for instance #42 is both un-editable, and the link is unclickable.

I've bookmarked the page, I'll have to give it a look at tomorrow.
    I have kind of wondered why we can't edit older posts. An example was ages ago when I decided we might as well give the teevee thread a name that actually had teevee in it somewhere.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

There's a deadline for edits. Two weeks or so, IIRC. It was on by default, and I left it that way since some people complained at the other place when certain people went around destroying the content of their old posts.