Thread: Happy Birthday to The World Forgotten

Default Happy Birthday to The World Forgotten

To Dearest TWF,

May your days be long and joyous, your debates interesting and flame-free, your banter sharp and witty, your member-base growing and spreading, and your future long and healthy.

One year old ... about ten or so days ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Oh, I was going to bake a cake for the occasion.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Can I have some?

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Oh, I was going to bake a cake for the occasion.
    I'll send you my address.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Can I have some?
    Of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    I'll send you my address.
    Might go stale shipping that far.

Of course.

Might go stale shipping that far.
    I hear Lollilove is a great preservative.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

I think a better plan is for me just to eat it for him and let him know how it was.

Congrats!!!
    I GIVE GOOD GAME.... SPACE ME

We are forging the future.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Open environment > restrictive environment.

Allhu Akbar!

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/ffc02a05-0a71-4913-ad65-2425c52b0c98.jpg
    I wish your children could see your alter ego.

Is it lolcats, strippers, or cake you're objecting to?

Probably the cake. Pity.

Cake?! Cake!!

Oh ya, congrats on not getting shut down (though it was close with the domain fiasco) so that I may be entertained daily

No one ever told me what kind of cake I was baking.

I like all kinds of cake, so whatever you like

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Yes, let them eat cake!
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

For some perspective, we have about as many posts as the Atards at Atari.com. And most of their activity is in is RCT, the only active place there -- it's dead in other forums. Timothy hasn't even posted in five days as far as I can tell from skimming over there.

Chocolate cake or a Banana Cake. Either way, make the fucking cake!

Happy Birthday TWF

Birthdays suck, this is no exception. My favorite cake is cup. fuck off if you didn't laugh at that. Birthdays suck.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    For some perspective, we have about as many posts as the Atards at Atari.com. And most of their activity is in is RCT, the only active place there -- it's dead in other forums. Timothy hasn't even posted in five days as far as I can tell from skimming over there.
    The birth of a Forum
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    I think we should all pat ourselves on the back for fighting the power, and winning in the end.

Well done, forum goers.
    I enjoy blank walls.

Yay us!
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    The birth of a Forum
    For the discussion of ideas, or the ramblings of insane people
    . . .

I've Got a Feeling

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...16&postcount=9

Still nice to drop by every once and a while and read discussions. Congrats on keeping the community together.