Thread: FPEU

Default FPEU

Facebook Public Employee Unions

If public-sector unions as we know them are eliminated, what is to prevent these workers from excersizing their First Amendment rights under the United States Constitution to wield the same (or possibly greater) clout they have now? States are bound to the United States Constitution and therefore have no ability to make it illegal for workers, whether public or private, from assembling.

First Amendment to the United States Constitution
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    I propose the unions in Wisonsin and other states seeking to bust them start working now toward Facebook unions.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

"Assembling" is far different from "organizing into a state-funded, state-chartered organization that funds itself by forced state-worker wage deductions and pours that money into political campaigns to elect people who will give them more money."

So yeah, they can all be on Facebook. And great for state workers to communicate with each other. Maybe groups of them will go to their managers with new ideas or requests. This is what employees do in the real world. It doesn't cost millions of dollars per year for people to start a Facebook group or a message forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    "Assembling" is far different from "organizing into a state-funded, state-chartered organization that funds itself by forced state-worker wage deductions and pours that money into political campaigns to elect people who will give them more money."
    It sounds like you are talking about the state legislature. You know...the entity that perverts your private employee/employer relationship. You still haven't responded as to what perverse labor laws you'd like taken off the books to reduce your burden on consumers.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

My only major "ask" for labor laws is for right-to-work workplaces. You made an entire post based on a misunderstanding of what I said.

I have no problems with people gathering together and calling themselves "unions." As long as employees do not get any law mandated rights/benefits for being in a union. Then go right ahead, strike. And be fired.