Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: teevee sucks

Some day I will watch DS9, but I guess I'll have to catch a bad case of the flu before I do. It's the way how I went through 5 seasons of '24'. Incredible days in bed with the TV on. Watching, dozing off, watching, dozing off pretty much real time
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Some day I will watch DS9, but I guess I'll have to catch a bad case of the flu before I do.
    If that's a request or a legitimate desire, I'd be happy to send something in the mail to you... pretty sure I've got something infectious lying around from the nasty flu that got shared around the office. Again, only if you want, just sayin' I could help out with that and would be happy to do so.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowheart View Post
    Been watching Star Trek: Enterprise.
    Me too!

The other 90% of my interest in the characters revolves around "Tu'paul is hot."
    Me too!
    Such is Life...

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowheart View Post
    Been watching Star Trek: Enterprise.

The characters aren't as interesting as some of the other series, but the doctor is cool.
    The other 90% of my interest in the characters revolves around "Tu'paul is hot."

And whoever cast Clint Howard in the Ferengi raider episode is a genius.
    It's T'Pol! [/nerd]
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

^ Yeah, realized it was spelled differently after the episode where she gave Archer the book for a gift.

Ever notice that everytime an away mission requires decon afterwards, T'pol is always on the team?
    Coincidence?...I think not.

Watched Community over the last week. Those guys have absolutely no respect for the fourth wall. It's actually pretty decent for a comedy. Heard it's on the chopping block, though.

Happened upon a new "reality" show on the Oprah network (OWN) called Undercover Bosses. Pleasantly surprised. Presidents and CEO/COOs of White Castle, Roto-Rooter and MGM Grand pretended to be new workers at entry-level positions, in order to learn their business from the bottom-up.

No surprise that upper management had totally divorced themselves from their workers, employees, "Team Members"...or reached the Peter Principle.

Was pleasantly surprised to see the raw emotions captured on tape...grown men with quivering chins, trying to hold back their emotions, tears swelling in their eyes, voices choked in ways that can't be rehearsed or pretended by the best actors.

I'll watch it again, and hope they won't repeat the premiere episode for months on end. I can think of tons of CEO/COO/Presidents I'd like to see working in entry-level positions within their "own" companies. Can't you?

THere should be quite a few episodes; it originally aired on CBS back in '09 after the Superbowl. W&M, Wendy's, and Hooter's were some of the few I remember. It was interesting to see how middle management never send suggestions/complaints up the chain. It was good to see a few employees that interacted with the bosses in these sessions did get their ideas implemented. But sad that if there wasn't a camera filming it all, none of that would happen.

So... just finished watching the Season 6 finale of Dexter. Again. It was so good I watched it again, after trying unsuccessfully to get to sleep on account of having watched it just before I was about to kick off for the night. Oh, sweet Mary, mother of fuck, that's good!

"Six 9's" pure, concentrated awesome... the downside being that everything else I watch for the next little bit is just gonna suck in comparison.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Just finished the second series of Sherlock. Again, very good. Strongly recommend.

So, what's your opinion on Alcatraz? Has a Fringe'ish vibe to it and I'm still guessing as to the party behind it all (Aliens? Illuminati?). Do like Sam Neill, though, I think he fits his part very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Just finished the second series of Sherlock. Again, very good. Strongly recommend.
    Just watched all of it, very good indeed.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

I am very annoyed that UPC won't be offering HBO for quite a while.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    So, what's your opinion on Alcatraz? Has a Fringe'ish vibe to it and I'm still guessing as to the party behind it all (Aliens? Illuminati?). Do like Sam Neill, though, I think he fits his part very well.
    Haven't seen it yet, will probably watch it today.

Totally caught up in Mad Men atm. Though I'd seen series 1, I got it for the lady for Xmas cos she ain't seen it and I knew she'd like it. Finished it in no time, got series 2 from amazon and we're half way through that.

Will order 3 and 4, which we'll watch, ready for when series 5 arrives here in March.

Soooooo good. Intelligent viewing at its best.

This threat is mistitled, HIMYM has taken a fantastic new turn:

And now I have "We buiiilt chip city... we buiiilt chip city on aaaall your dough" stuck in my head
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Woohoo! My Birthday present!
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

The first and second books have blended together on me, and I've only seen the first TV episode so far, but are some of those scenes taken from the 2nd book?
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Haven't gotten around to reading them yet, but the second season is supposed to be mostly the second book.

they didn't change the name

but its good to know 1 book = 1 season. This shit is long winded.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

3rd and 4th book will be interesting as that stuff is supposed to happen nearly at the same time.

Well one good thing about this series is that it may put some pepper up Martin's ass, so that he doesn't take an eternity to finish the next book. Like how he took six years to finish a book that he said was already in it's final stages.
    Congratulations America

Not that he dies on us like another certain author who shall not be named.

New season of Spartacus is looking awesome, first episode in. Even with replacement Spartacus
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

All of you dumb fucks not watching A Gifted Man

See the latest episode of A Gifted Man

Sincerely yours,
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Still watching Xena through netflix. Came across an episode titled The Bitter Suite, and I think its the most WTF, unexpected, and completely hilarious episode of any TV series I've ever seen. The entire length of the episode is one continuous WTF musicial. No idea what they were thinking with that one...

Ahhhh... Season 2 of Sherlock
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Okay, you know those cringe-worthy, cheesy and horribly "folksy" music numbers Americans love shoving into every drama show? I think A Gifted Man just managed to do it so that it contributed to the character arcs in the show. It was still cringe-worthy cheesy, but at least it did something.

Can't wait for new episode of Spartacus!

!