Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: teevee sucks

Yes, yes they are.

I was up to that point, too.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Sheesh.

I just watched the season finale for Brothers and Sisters for this past season. I knew what was coming, but the way they did it still threw me.

I have a lot of stuff on my DVR I should try to watch in the next week or so.

Auntie Beeb is broadcasting a thriller set on a deep diving science sub, called The Deep. The first episode is okay-ish, if somewhat ham-fisted (most teevee is), and the star cast is relatively good. If you think you'd like to read a Crichton novel set deep under the sea, you might like this show.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Who said Man Vs Food? That show is fucking brilliant!

I don't know whether to feel insanely jealous, or really bad for that poor guy!

It's weird, but watching someone trying to eat a 30 inch pizza is very appealing!

Other than that, I HIGHLY recommend Community. It's written by some of the guys who wrote for Arrested Development, and it stars Chevy Chase, and one of the hot chicks from Mad Men, and it's truly hilarious. It has a similar style to Scrubs, but is far, FAR more clever.

Season 1 just finished, I serously recommend watching it, you will love it.
    How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

Yeah I caught an episode of Community the other day and I was laughing my arse off - Chevy Chase plays a gullible tool to perfection.
    Last edited by termite; 08-07-2010 at 06:59 AM.
    Such is Life...

I'm finally watching the second half of the first season of SG-U - this will be followed by watching (or fast forwarding through large parts of0 Friday Night Lights. I like the family/small town drama bits of the show. Pity they insist on centering it around stupid football.

But anyway, I'm enjoying the second half more than the first, however...

Did anyone watch the Syfy 4 hour movie dealie Riverworld? Saw the previews fastforwarding through commercials and it looked rather decent. So, Wraithy, should I?

Yes. Then you can let me know if it'll be worth it for me to watch.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    Auntie Beeb is broadcasting a thriller set on a deep diving science sub, called The Deep. The first episode is okay-ish, if somewhat ham-fisted (most teevee is), and the star cast is relatively good. If you think you'd like to read a Crichton novel set deep under the sea, you might like this show.
    Gawd, I managed to survive until episode 4 but I finally have to say:

What utter, utter bullshit this series is.

I mean, there's a guy whose loved one has gone missing during a submarine mssion. And then they let this very same man go onto the same mission into a submarine without having a psychologists thoroughly examine him?

Because, this guy got issues which you see even before the mission starts!

Gawd, what a load of crock. And now, at the end of episode 3 he's finally gone off the deep end which surprised no one - but still they try to reason with a mad man.

I mean, the guy was to bring back an item for which he had 30 minutes time - and then this guy goes off and has a bloody sightseeing tour? After that incident I'd have locked him up and thrown away the key. And then he does it again!

Geeze, if they let people like these on a submarine then it's no wonder the first one's gone missing.

Honestly, I can't stand those TV shows anymore where everyone seems to have to be some kind of nutjob - even when the very job they're paid to do screams for stable characters! Unrealistic bullshit.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

An hour of Whose Line Is It Anyway? (American version) every weekday at midnight. Haven't not laughed my ass off yet, can't get enough Ryan Stiles and Colin Mochrie.

Aw, I used to love watching that show. It always made me giggle.

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    I got into watching Bleach again, after skipping the massive amounts of filler.
    I enjoy blank walls.

I am so far behind on Bleach. But I think my source may no longer be there....I too stopped at one of the filler eps.

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Catgrrl View Post
    I am so far behind on Bleach. But I think my source may no longer be there....I too stopped at one of the filler eps.
    The official simulcast is here: http://www.crunchyroll.com/bleach
    I enjoy blank walls.

Awesome! Thank you. Now I just have to find some spare time to catch up....

You get spare time when she starts preschool.

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Gawd, I managed to survive until episode 4 but I finally have to say:

What utter, utter bullshit this series is.

I mean, there's a guy whose loved one has gone missing during a submarine mssion. And then they let this very same man go onto the same mission into a submarine without having a psychologists thoroughly examine him?

Because, this guy got issues which you see even before the mission starts!

Gawd, what a load of crock. And now, at the end of episode 3 he's finally gone off the deep end which surprised no one - but still they try to reason with a mad man.

I mean, the guy was to bring back an item for which he had 30 minutes time - and then this guy goes off and has a bloody sightseeing tour? After that incident I'd have locked him up and thrown away the key. And then he does it again!

Geeze, if they let people like these on a submarine then it's no wonder the first one's gone missing.

Honestly, I can't stand those TV shows anymore where everyone seems to have to be some kind of nutjob - even when the very job they're paid to do screams for stable characters! Unrealistic bullshit.
    Warning: TV Tropes
    . . .

I'm about to start watching series 1 of 'The Big Bang Theory'. I watched a few episodes of series 2 and absolutely loved it - very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by NGS View Post
    An hour of Whose Line Is It Anyway? (American version) every weekday at midnight. Haven't not laughed my ass off yet, can't get enough Ryan Stiles and Colin Mochrie.
    Mochrie and Sherwood are touring a two-man improv act right now, and they've got a night nearby late in the year. I'm debating trying to scrounge for tickets.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    I'm about to start watching series 1 of 'The Big Bang Theory'. I watched a few episodes of series 2 and absolutely loved it - very funny.
    I really like the Big Bang Theory Plus, the blonde is very hot
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

You have atrocious senses of humour
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Mochrie and Sherwood are touring a two-man improv act right now, and they've got a night nearby late in the year. I'm debating trying to scrounge for tickets.
    Quite jealous! I checked the show dates and either they aren't selling tickets for shows in my area yet, or they just aren't coming my way. Bits on YouTube looked funneh though.

OMG Colin's hair!

Finished season 2 of Breaking Bad (what the fuck?)

Started season 4 of Dexter. (Sweet John Lithgow nude scene. )
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Sweet? John Lithgow nude? Mmmkay....
    Such is Life...

Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    Sweet? John Lithgow nude? Mmmkay....
    Not frontal, just his old saggy nasty white hairless wrinkled ass right before he gets in a bath with a naked young lady, holding her by the neck from behind, and slices her femoral artery and lets her bleed out all over him. Then he held up a mirror and watched her die in his arms. So romantic.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

Not frontal, just his old saggy nasty white hairless wrinkled ass right before he gets in a bath with a naked young lady, holding her by the neck from behind, and slices her femoral artery and lets her bleed out all over him. Then he held up a mirror and watched her die in his arms. So romantic.
    Yeah sounds peachy...
    Such is Life...

Yeah sounds peachy...
    to each their own...
    The Rules

Finished season 2 of Breaking Bad (what the fuck?)

I actually didn't much like the season of Dexter. To the point that I stopped watching near the end.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Does anyone else find Two and a half men amusing? I get a lot of laughs out of this Charlie Sheen Mocumentary.
    Such is Life...

I've never seen it - Charlie Sheen isn't nowhere near as hot as his papa, and I don't generally like comedies (yes, there are exceptions). I might try it if someone else says they like it.

Anyway, I dug up the thread because I wanted to say...

This weeks episode of Mad Men was brilliant.

We're coming up on the new season for lots of stuff, hopefully the teevee recommending committee can make me a nice list of what I actually want to watch in a reasonable amount of time. I heard something about Maura Tierney having a new series, I'll watch that even if it is total shit (or at least I'll give it a try).

Does anyone else find Two and a half men amusing? I get a lot of laughs out of this Charlie Sheen Mocumentary.
    I watch now and then, think it comes on right before Brandy's usual line up. Its pretty funny, especially the older episodes before they committed to making the kid dumb as a box of nails. The parade of hot women through the show's history is a nice plus