The Shield
    Family Guy
    American Dad
    Archer
    Nip/Tuck
    Sherlock
    Jekyll
    Breaking Bad

Don't watch much tv consistently though.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Conan is so very funny. I've missed him.
    Adults between the ages of 18-34 have definitely drifted to TBS to get their late night fix: Through his first six weeks at his new network, Conan O’Brien has ranked as TV’s top late-night talk show among adults 18-34, according to TBS stats.
    Source Pretty impressive for a basic cable show to be beating all the networks.

New TV is finally back! House throws the best dinner parties. Go ahead and post your spoilers now, lolli.

You've seen it, there's no point in spoiling it for you, now.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

How could they cancel that? How? Just think of how amazing those last 3 minutes or so could have been stretched into proper seasons.

I hate Syfy. Hate, hate, hate.

I knew you'd have that reaction.

I hope they choke on their wrestling.

Spoiler:
    (I really wanted to fuck Clarice there at the end, too)

Is anyone watching The Cape? Is it worth watching?

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Is anyone watching The Cape? Is it worth watching?
    The first two episodes were ... hmmh, don't know yet. Can go either way.

Bonus: Summer Glau.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    The first two episodes were ... hmmh, don't know yet. Can go either way.

Bonus: Summer Glau.
    Again, we agree...however, (so far) she is not a Kick you in the Teeth River Tam....(I SO MISS FIREFLY!)
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/monsters-of...gatoroid--2192

I just wanted to share a link to the quality programming Syfy is dedicated to bringing the masses. I didn't watch the clips. I don't want to watch the clips.

I hate them.

So I decided to watch Sanctuary (although I assume Syfy will cancel it after its next season, too. They wouldn't want scifi on their channel or anything crazy like that).

At first, my opinion was that it was oddly appealing, but not much more than that. You know the sort of mindless entertainment that we watch teevee for when there's nothing better to do. But then last night I got to the end of season 1 beginning of season 2 arc, and it hooked me - had to stay awake to keep watching to find out what happened next.

It slowed down again, back to oddly appealing. BUT...

There was an episode with Michael Shanks being all hot. And that's always a programming bonus.

Does anyone know anything about The Event? I saw if for the first time the other night. Is it kinda like BSG lite?

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Does anyone know anything about The Event? I saw if for the first time the other night. Is it kinda like BSG lite?
    It's more like a tech-version of The 4400, I don't think it's going to survive. The schedule alone should be enough to kill it.

I just noticed they're going to broadcast 'Game of Thrones' from today (US calendar)
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    It's more like a tech-version of The 4400, I don't think it's going to survive. The schedule alone should be enough to kill it.

I just noticed they're going to broadcast 'Game of Thrones' from today (US calendar)
    Today? Off to the torrent sites then!

And yes, I'll buy the series DVDs and stuff. I just don't like the German dubs which are forced on us - the breaking point came with 'Heroes'.

You know that in the beginning of that series, Hiro only speaks Japanese? And that leads to some communication problems? And that Hiro is actually speaking Japanese and it's subbed with the English meaning?

Well, in the German version the subs are gone. Because they dubbed everything. Which means that Hiro talking to his friend and the waitress initially not understanding a word they're saying makes absolutely no sense anymore...

And some series, like Firefly, are never shown over here.

Already talked about it some pages back. Found it to be rubbish.

Woo just watched the first episode of A Game of Thrones on HBO.

I'm pretty sure several folks here have read the books, if you haven't done so already you should check out the show.

We've got a new channel that launched this year, Sky Atlantic HD, which shows HBO's shows. Just finished watching Boardwalk Empire, was very good if a bit short for a Stateside series. Looking forward to Game of Thrones tonight, got that recording on series link

Tee Vee doesn't suck. Our providers suck. Comcast sucks most of all. I'm supposed to go down to their local HQ and get some digital box to keep the 2nd tier I'd chosen before they went digital. Either that, or spend a lot of time comparing Fios with DishTV. Add in all their damn bundling of phone/internet/television and it's a complicated maze. With initial rate deals that expire in 6 months, but require a two year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    We've got a new channel that launched this year, Sky Atlantic HD, which shows HBO's shows. Just finished watching Boardwalk Empire, was very good if a bit short for a Stateside series. Looking forward to Game of Thrones tonight, got that recording on series link

Watch The Wire

Sky Atlantic is awesome, especially because it shows The Wire

You should watch The Wire

Just to be clear: WATCH THE WIRE

Cool beans
    How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Today? Off to the torrent sites then!

And yes, I'll buy the series DVDs and stuff. I just don't like the German dubs which are forced on us - the breaking point came with 'Heroes'.

You know that in the beginning of that series, Hiro only speaks Japanese? And that leads to some communication problems? And that Hiro is actually speaking Japanese and it's subbed with the English meaning?

Well, in the German version the subs are gone. Because they dubbed everything. Which means that Hiro talking to his friend and the waitress initially not understanding a word they're saying makes absolutely no sense anymore...

And some series, like Firefly, are never shown over here.

Already talked about it some pages back. Found it to be rubbish.

Don't they offer DVDs with two audio tracks, on original?

Reminds me I read about another series where one of the character spoke spanish, and other characters could not understand it (and it was not subbed so neither would most viewers). When it was dubbed in Spanish, they dubbed the Spanish lines into Italian

Quote Originally Posted by DecoyMilk View Post
    Watch The Wire

Sky Atlantic is awesome, especially because it shows The Wire

You should watch The Wire

Just to be clear: WATCH THE WIRE

Cool beans
    Listen to the wise man
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Just watched the Doctor Who season premiere. It's nice to be able to get it on cable again. They're take on the US was kinda cute. There were points where it was like they were trying very hard in the show production to make it look American, and because of that, it didn't really look like the US. Also amused by how many British actors they got to play Americans, and the slightly off accents that resulted. I guess most people overseas are probably used to stuff like that. You'd think they'd do more hiring locally since they were filming in the country.

Also: Reply 200! Woo!

Wasn't the carphone a bigger problem? I mean, that's about 10 years out of synch.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Just watched the Doctor Who season premiere. It's nice to be able to get it on cable again. They're take on the US was kinda cute. There were points where it was like they were trying very hard in the show production to make it look American, and because of that, it didn't really look like the US. Also amused by how many British actors they got to play Americans, and the slightly off accents that resulted. I guess most people overseas are probably used to stuff like that. You'd think they'd do more hiring locally since they were filming in the country.

Also: Reply 200! Woo!
    Oh, please. Whenever US movies let someone speak German, it sounds like they hired someone who was taught to speak his phrases by someone whose friend's uncle's cousin thrice removed once heard a German speaking when he accidentally switched to the wrong channel on satellite TV.

Sometimes movies get it right. But even Band of brothers, when they have actual Dutch actors play Dutch people, the accent is wrong for that region of the Netherlands. But hey, at least you can hear he was really Dutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Sometimes movies get it right. But even Band of brothers, when they have actual Dutch actors play Dutch people, the accent is wrong for that region of the Netherlands. But hey, at least you can hear he was really Dutch.
    Let me guess; ABN for the south?
    Congratulations America

Yup. So that's not really a big deal, at least they had the language right. I watched Hitchcock's Foreign Correspondent a while back, and the Dutch people in that film really are not Dutch

New show called The Voice. Interesting premise, loosely based on the reverse of American Idol or Britain's Got Talent. Judges can't see the singer, and have to choose to turn around if they liked the singer, based only on their voice. Not appearances, makeup, clothes, dance moves, or anything visual. The judges that turn their chair to see the singer then compete to be their "coach"....the singer then makes a judgement/choice of the judge who can help them be better singers/performers.

First episode was quite good, no idea how this moves forward beyond judges picking a team of eight singers.

New show called The Voice. Interesting premise, loosely based on the reverse of American Idol or Britain's Got Talent. Judges can't see the singer, and have to choose to turn around if they liked the singer, based only on their voice. Not appearances, makeup, clothes, dance moves, or anything visual. The judges that turn their chair to see the singer then compete to be their "coach"....the singer then makes a judgement/choice of the judge who can help them be better singers/performers.

First episode was quite good, no idea how this moves forward beyond judges picking a team of eight singers.
    Actually it's a show based upon a Dutch format, (The Voice of Holland) brought to you by the same people who brought you Big Brother (also a Dutch concept). I didn't watch it but the format seems to be working quite well.
    Congratulations America

Well the whole point of American Idol is to pick the next big talent right? Looks are a huge factor in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Well the whole point of American Idol is to pick the next big talent right? Looks are a huge factor in that.
    Yeah, guys like David Bowie, Phil Collins, Mick Jagger or bands like Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chili Peppers, their success is surely related to their looks.

I myself certainly don't choose my favourite bands based on what the band looks like. For most I don't even know.