Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: teevee sucks

Looks usually are important, untill people start talking about how looks are too important relative to other talents in a particular individual. Like Boyle, Potts etc. The Voice works on that premise, but of course in the end looks do matter so they are adjusted in order for the singer to look at least presentable.
    Congratulations America

Watched Sherlock today via netflix. Pretty good series. Shame it's so short.

I don't know if I should be concerned about it, but just now as I was browsing the shows available today I saw SVU on there and was genuinely excited when I thought "all-right, let's rape somebody!"

American television is destroying the youth of the world

Fuck you, I'm youth

In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Watched Sherlock today via netflix. Pretty good series. Shame it's so short.
    Oh, I entirely forgot about that. I watched one episode and kind of liked it, but then forgot about it
    Congratulations America

http://www.syfy.com/alphas/about

Damn it. It might be decent. It's summer, anyway, so that increases the chances that I'll feel the urge to try it.

Of course, if it's a good show those jackasses at Syfy will change its airtime 5 or 6 times, then cancel it in favor of more ghost shows (or wrestling).
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Game of Thrones is turning out to be pretty awesome. Everybody should be watching it.

Supernatural Season Finale:
    Shame that Castiel's gone rogue and probably won't be showing up as much, but I'm glad Crowley's still in play. Looks like it could be a fun season 7. I'm still not entirely convinced they should have kept going after finishing their original story, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Game of Thrones is turning out to be pretty awesome. Everybody should be watching it.

Supernatural Season Finale:
    Shame that Castiel's gone rogue and probably won't be showing up as much, but I'm glad Crowley's still in play. Looks like it could be a fun season 7. I'm still not entirely convinced they should have kept going after finishing their original story, though.
    Ronald even asked me if there wasn't a new episode
    Congratulations America

Been watching Damages lately. I'd never heard of it, but we're in a current television drought, and Netflix had it streaming and it had a high rating. It's actually turning out to be pretty good. It's a decompressed legal drama; so far the entire first season has been on just one case.

Been going through Netflix TV shows as well. Brandy has been watching Scrubs nonstop. I picked Xena, some shows simply don't age well...
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I don't know if I'd be able to last until the summer season starts without Netflix...

Funny, I haven't watched a thing since the House finale.

The children took over the teevee, and by the time I send them off to bed I'm generally not in the mood for anything but mindlessly staring at the Food Network.

I'm seriously rethinking this no bedtime for the summer business.

Guys I'm watching Spartacus episodes again

What the fuck are we supposed to do in the summer?
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I'll be watching White Collar on Hulu. I don't appreciate that after the first two episodes for the summer season they delay releasing the streams for new episodes to a month after air date.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I'll be watching White Collar on Hulu. I don't appreciate that after the first two episodes for the summer season they delay releasing the streams for new episodes to a month after air date.
    I tried that during their winter season. After a few episodes, the series got pulled altogether. I still haven't caught up.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    Guys I'm watching Spartacus episodes again

What the fuck are we supposed to do in the summer?
    Hmmh. What do you guys think about "The Killing"?
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Hmmh. What do you guys think about "The Killing"?
    Sounded intriguing at first. Then it seemed like a really bad re-make of Twin Peaks.

I'm looking forward to Wilfred. If I can forget Elijah Wood as Frodo and LOTR, it may have potential.

Just finished Brothers and Sisters - and also found out that they canceled it.

That annoys me, I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Sounded intriguing at first. Then it seemed like a really bad re-make of Twin Peaks.
    Did try Twin Peaks. Couldn't watch it due to neither being quirky nor dark nor realistic enough. Sorry, but The Killing is definitely not a remake of Twin Peaks. Not by a long shot. Completely different attitudes in the series. One is a weird series, the other a pretty grim series. Other than the fact that they both have a young girl killed, they don't have much in common.

Saw falling skies premiere. Sorta like Walking Dead, but after an alien invasion instead of with zombies. Looks like it could be pretty good.

I recorded it, haven't watched it yet.

On the last of this season's Sanctuary now.

I think Game of Thrones will be up next.

Premiere of Falling Skies, after 15 minutes I started zapping. After that I think I gave all of it like 15 minutes more. I don't like it, it's utterly uninteresting and formulaic. Would surprise me if it's pulled before the end of the season.
    Congratulations America

Someone forgot to tell me Burn Notice is back.

DVR caught it, but you're in trouble, anyway.

Oh hey, Burn Notice is back!

Thanks for letting me know! I appreciate it!

Come Dine With me.

We're addicted. Have about 70 episodes recorded on my box.

Watched the premiere of Wilfred. Good for some quirky laughs. Strange plot, not sure how they can keep it moving forward without becoming silly though.....

Well, this is a new way to find a series to watch:
    Browsing through Engadget, I saw a screen of a series I didn't know on one of the display photos - thankfully, the name of the series was mentioned.

Thus I'm now watching a bit of Hawaii Five-0. Remake of an older series by the same name, which I did not know - but I know the title music! As of yet, no unbelievable stuff happened (save for bullet fights, which are par for the course, truth to be told). No Bladerunner-style remodelling of pictures, no superhackers, no deus-ex-machina inventions.

Just watched the premiere of Falling Skies, it was even better than the previews made it look.

I saw Falling Skies by chance. It was good....but I'd watch pretty much anything with Noah Wiley. He's such a cutie.

Khen, does the new Hawaii Five-O have the old famous line, "Book him, Dan-O"?

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Khen, does the new Hawaii Five-O have the old famous line, "Book him, Dan-O"?
    Well, they certainly reference it