Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: teevee sucks

I have been waiting on SG-U to come back on. I watch Bones, NCIS, Bones, and Fringe. I tried watching Caprica, but I just couldn't make myself give a crap. Kind of like most of the last season of BSG.

and for some reason I always make sure to watch re-runs of Avatar the Last Airbender, and any episode of Behind the Music Remastered.

Also waiting for Kari Byron to return to Mythbusters at the end of the month. That blonde chick that has been standing in for her is just so damn annoying.

Ugh, you seriously like SGU? It was like they dug up some old scripts and changed the location to a starship of ancient origin.
    Congratulations America

It's not bad. I mean, it's a show about stranded people, in stranded situations, doing what stranded people do. It's kind of like Lost except they get to leave the island for a couple of hours everyday and all the crazy shit that happens doesn't seem near as crazy. Then throw in a pinch of SG stuff for flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by 2HD View Post
    It's not bad. I mean, it's a show about stranded people, in stranded situations, doing what stranded people do. It's kind of like Lost except they get to leave the island for a couple of hours everyday and all the crazy shit that happens doesn't seem near as crazy. Then throw in a pinch of SG stuff for flavor.
    I gave up after the episode where the list of scarce commodities had moved down to 'energy'. I found it all too predictable and unoriginal. A bit like Star Trek Voyager cum Stargate Atlantis, which also became boring fast.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I gave up after the episode where the list of scarce commodities had moved down to 'energy'. I found it all too predictable and unoriginal. A bit like Star Trek Voyager cum Stargate Atlantis, which also became boring fast.
    I can see the Voyager connection now that you mention it, but Voyager made me want to vomit constantly. Everything about Voyager was bad. And before someone brings her up, no 7 of 9 wasn't that attractive.

I enjoyed Stargate Atlantis, though.

I guess I don't really pay attention to the main plot points (we are stranded OMFG) because they aren't really the main plot points. It's all about who is going to screw who, and how or who is going to become friends and then how will they screw each other. The planets they visit are usually interesting as well.

The only network TV show I've watched live in years is Survivor.

On cable, the only thing I currently watch is Big Love on HBO. I have watched 2 seasons of True Blood but season 2 sucked ass so I'm not sure I'll continue. Just started The Pacific, but that's a mini-series and the first one was decidedly underwhelming.

Via Netflix I'm current with Weeds, Dexter, Breaking Bad, and into Season 3 of The Office.

And that's about it.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

You watch Survivor?

I'm too speechless to even mock you for this, Chacha.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

*blows dust off old thread*

I just started watching Mad Men. (shut up, I know I was supposed to pick Burn Notice next, but I'm contrary like that)

I think I like it.

That's ok. I never started BSG like I was supposed to.
    Your search had no results.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    *blows dust off old thread*

I just started watching Mad Men. (shut up, I know I was supposed to pick Burn Notice next, but I'm contrary like that)

I think I like it.
    I only had the opportunity to see the first few episodes, but I liked what I saw of it.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I know it's a bit soapy, but I've taken a liking to brothers and sisters.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Dattu View Post
    That's ok. I never started BSG like I was supposed to.
    Shame on you. Even Trixy is more obedient about watching what he is told.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I only had the opportunity to see the first few episodes, but I liked what I saw of it.
    When I posted that I was only halfway through the first episode - wound up watching several last night and I quite like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I know it's a bit soapy, but I've taken a liking to brothers and sisters.
    Oh dear. I love that show. You're right about it being soapy, but it drew me in and wouldn't let me go again.

I don't have any shows I watch regularly though I did enjoy the few episodes of Lie To Me that I caught by chance, I also saw a few episodes of Big Love which was um interesting. Previously watched a bit of Top Gear and House but got a bit bored, though I do catch the odd episode which passes the time without killing me.

I thoroughly enjoyed Charlie Boorman and Ewen McGregor in the Long Way Round and Long Way Down adventures . I have also seen a couple of episodes of By Any Means where Charlie attempts to travel great distances using whatever means possible, preferably without paying for a ticket. I would be surprised if anyone didn't find Long War Round interesting, some of the places they experienced (Mongolia, Ukraine &The Road of Bones were notable) were brilliant and although the average Joe may never be able to do such a thing they did not travel like fucking celebrities, they camped out or stayed with locals and enjoyed the local hospitality.
    Such is Life...

Now that I have your attention.

Yeah, you know I do.

What teevee shows do you watch? Current series, really. Although if you have one that's off the air that you want to gush about, feel free.

List it for me. I know what the mafia likes, just curious about the rest of you now.

*moves on to next Lost episode*
    I've been watching:

Breaking Bad - very good, getting very gritty, anti-heroes and stuff.
    Survivor - I never miss a season. No, its not great tv, I know. Some seasons are better than others.
    True Blood - its ok. last season was bad but this season's pretty good.
    The Office - I watched the first 5 seasons in Q1 this year. Waiting to watch season 6. (no spoilers please)
    Dexter - excellant. can't wait for the last season to come out on disk.
    Weeds - went from light and fun to dark and sorta fun.
    Big Love - . . .

OMG - I've already said all this.... My mind! I'm losing my MIND! . . . . .
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Two new series for me to indulge.

Story of Science: Proof, Power, Passion.
    Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman.

And the new Top Gear Season is great!
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    I don't have any shows I watch regularly
    Yay, I'm not the only one. Only time I have the TV on anymore its when Brandy is unwinding from work. I think According to Jim, Friends, and SouthPark (if we are up late enough) are in the lineup. They are all reruns, so there is no order to their madness. I might be on the couch with her, but I'm usually playing one of the DSs or something on the laptop.

The IT crowd and futurama are back yay!
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Story of Science: Proof, Power, Passion.
    Had this on my sky box and watched the lot recently.

Overall pretty good. A lot of history of where our current understanding of science came from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    The IT crowd and futurama are back yay!
    I've been watching the new futurama eps. I'm not sure how I feel about them yet; they don't seem as good as the older ones. But I'll keep watching them since I've waited so long for it to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Catgrrl View Post
    I've been watching the new futurama eps. I'm not sure how I feel about them yet; they don't seem as good as the older ones. But I'll keep watching them since I've waited so long for it to come back.
    First one sucked, the others were decent. But you're right, older episodes seem better!
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Stop what you are doing and go watch Rescue Me

I'm serious, just do it

People need to

watch

that

show

Because it is fantastic
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

listen

to

the

lady

(the second half of Caprica will be aired in January. I think it interfered with SyFy's wrestling programming or something. Fucktards.)

Slim pickings in the summer, but I've started on Mad Men. Lie to Me has been getting more entertaining, and I'm starting to look forward to those. White Collar is pretty decent too. I've also been watching "The Good Guys" for some odd reason; weird because I think the show is total shit, but I just keep getting bored enough to watch it anyways and queueing up the next episode in case I get really bored the next week.

Naturally, I've also been watching Burn Notice. Best of the ones mentioned in this post.

Me and the better half just giggle a bit a Burn Notice though...the lead just seems so...gay.

And coming from us, that's saying something.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

I have fallen in love with Brothers and Sisters, I'm burning through 4 seasons now and can't get enough of it.
    Congratulations America

listen

to

the

lady

(the second half of Caprica will be aired in January. I think it interfered with SyFy's wrestling programming or something. Fucktards.)
    That's good news, I was starting to think it would be cancelled.
    Congratulations America

Hey Wraithy ...

the 60s stuff gets even better in season 3

I guess I'll be watching Burn Notice next. I forget, did I have to start at the beginning of that?

It helps, but it's not terribly important. It's probably a good idea to at least start at the beginning of a season though. IIRC, the show built quality pretty fast, and even the first episode was fairly entertaining.

Top Gear had an excellent piece on Senna yesterday.

Part of it was Lewis Hamilton driving Senna's old 1200 horsepower no-downforce McLaren.

I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Mad men are back
    Congratulations America