Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859
Results 1,741 to 1,757 of 1757

Thread: teevee sucks

A few teaser clips were released today—as individual frames to fans on twitter—to whet our appetite before the trailer drops tomorrow.

Damane being mean to the wonder-girls:

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

A big moment for Swedish nerds:

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi2593507097/

And:

aaand...

I'm holding off on the trailers.

Jury duty is hilarious.
    Congratulations America

Just binged the first three eps of season 2 of WoT, with my wife and baby doing the same on the tablet. Enjoyed it immensely, changes and all. Approve of Prison Break Rand's fucked-up toxic relationship. The direction and cinematography etc. will never feel as stylish as eg. Disney's Star Wars shows, but jfc did they (mostly) nail the casting and the character portrayals. Feels very cohesive, and, for attentive viewers, there are many clear signs that showrunner & actors have a good idea of where they're going and how they'll get there. Plot has more room to breathe. Every aspect of the production has improved. I honestly feel like they fumbled the Accepted test a little wrt the storytelling; they should've been able to much better with the first parts. Some of the channeling is still marred by Pike's initial choreography choices. Idk how to feel abt the changes to Perrin's abilities, but I def. enjoyed Rutherford's scenes much more in these eps than I did in s1. Idec, very psyched abt ep4.

I don't know if I liked all changes. The story line switch between Matt and Perrin seems superfluous. And the changes to the Seanchan reduces them a bit to your typical imperialist power, which they weren't in the books. I do like the casting, and I think I should say Meera Syal as Verin was a golden find.

Overal satisfying.
    Congratulations America

Just binged 'blocco 181' on Skyshowtime. Good old fashioned Italian hard crime show mixed in with a traditional Romeo and Juliette situation, with the twist of there being one Juliette but two Romeo's.

The only bad thing I have to say about this show is that there only is a single season. And no chance for a second.

Wheel of time gave us a decent 4th episode in season 2, though I was kind of thrown off by Moraine 's actions. I didn't really like it. Even though I understand how they used it to move the story ahead.
    Congratulations America

Never seen the anime, but, apart from the protagonist being the most annoying character I've ever seen, I really enjoyed One Piece. They should make a show with just the supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Jury duty is hilarious.
    It was surprisingly good! But such an elaborate "prank" left me feeling bad for the guy. Using schadenfreude for entertainment isn't such a good thing, really.

A rainy day and Netflix. Incredible how bad season 4 of sex education became. Somehow they made it a representation bingo with half of the characters merely being pegs to hang ridiculous decisions on. Decisions that in no way relate to what they say.

Like: young man fresh from a a one time hookup says he has no interest in meeting his date from the night before because... He isn't interested in one night stands. And he said all that with his outside voice so that we all understand that he's a serious young man who respects women (if we forget he doesn't want to see a one night stand for the reason that she was a one night stand after having sex one night and he doesn't want
    . OMFJ.
    Congratulations America

Fares Fares deserves an award for this. Beautiful performance
    Spoiler:
    from beginning to (apparent?) end
    . I practically ran home from work to see the finale, and was left thoroughly satisfied - straight up yelled with joy at some points, which I haven't done in... probably years? But Fares Fares was the highlight in so many ways, from his Old Tongue delivery to
    Spoiler:
    his very last words
    . I also loved Lanfear
    Spoiler:
    ribbing him about his waffling personality. With those two, and now Laia Costa's Moghedien, I think it's fair to say the show has done an absolutely stellar job with the villains
    . I hear they're expected to finish principal photography for s3 before the end of the year, so it's possible we won't have to wait a full two years for the next season. And there are some hints that an official s4 announcement is likely around the corner. I wish the idjits at Amazon would just give the show the 10-episode seasons it clearly needs, but I'll take 8 episodes if they give us a full run.

Just finished Mandalorian s3. Baby Yoda best character in history of TV. Finale made me think of Tribes 2. Whole season much, much more enjoyable than Ahsoka.

Finally finished Loki. Crazy how good Loki was allowed to be when the rest of Marvel's line up has become so mid.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Thank you.
    Hope is the denial of reality

TV sucks but streaming "The Americans" is pretty entertaining. I especially like seeing the times before computers, cell phones, and CCTV cameras were everywhere. Those spies really had to work at their "craft" back then. Plus, the soundtrack is really good

Just finished True Detective season 4. Strong start, horrible final episode. Just terrible ending. Garbage writing.

Watched season 1-3 of Fargo. Loved it all, really good overall, though Season 3 is easily the weakest.

Been watching Parks and Recreation - again - and I just love that show. Fun and smart. (after Season 1, which was painful)

Finished Barry, on HBO MAX whatever, and wow I LOVED that show - all of it - and the final season was a great wrap up. I want to re-watch from the beginning. Really great.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Been juggling so much lately that I haven't been able to just sit down and watch even a single episode of a TV-show. But, yesterday, I watched the first four eps of Halo s2. Good old-fashioned scifi fun. Eps are more well-made than in s1, even though the plot moves at a slower pace. I like it.