Thread: teevee sucks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Given the buzz from the relaunch, I'm watching the original Twin Peaks. I am super depressed that I'd never discovered this gem in the past; it is truly phenomenal. Some weird, campy combination of murder mystery, high school drama, and absurdist comedy, I can't get enough of it. And Kyle MacLachlan's performance is superlative.

I also love the over-the-top 80s vibe, most of which was probably not intentional. Can't wait to catch up on the whole thing, and the new season is also getting good reviews, so here's hoping!

A bit odd given that I haven't loved other stuff I've seen from Lynch - Dune was meh, Mulholland Drive was only all right - but this is just so fresh and engaging that I'm really impressed.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post
    Given the buzz from the relaunch, I'm watching the original Twin Peaks. I am super depressed that I'd never discovered this gem in the past; it is truly phenomenal. Some weird, campy combination of murder mystery, high school drama, and absurdist comedy, I can't get enough of it. And Kyle MacLachlan's performance is superlative.

I also love the over-the-top 80s vibe, most of which was probably not intentional. Can't wait to catch up on the whole thing, and the new season is also getting good reviews, so here's hoping!

A bit odd given that I haven't loved other stuff I've seen from Lynch - Dune was meh, Mulholland Drive was only all right - but this is just so fresh and engaging that I'm really impressed.
    I'm pretty certain that over the top vibe was intentional. I remember watching it back then and it was totally not your standard TV show.
    Congratulations America