Thread: teevee sucks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Currently watching Westworld.

I have to admit, I didn't see that Episode 8 plot twist coming. Not by a long shot.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Currently watching Westworld.

I have to admit, I didn't see that Episode 8 plot twist coming. Not by a long shot.
    Planning to pick this up after I'm done with Stranger Things sII. Here v good things about it.

~

Tried watching Star Trek: Discovery

About 10 episodes in. Got off to a good start, much darker than previous Trek incarnations which I was happy about, and they ... swear

I quite liked the characters. Michael Burnham seemed enigmatic enough.

But then it descended into this ridiculous parallel universe plot sequence over several episodes where the Federation are instead evil Terrans.

The entire storyline around this plot stretched believability one tick too far for me and my interest waned. Not gone back to finish the series and not sure I can be arsed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Watched Season 1 of Atlanta. An often weird/ surreal, funny, and usually very well done show from black POV in Atlanta. It's pretty hard on white people of all stripes, often in an eye-rolling kind of way. I recommend for sure.

Working my way through The Expanse season 2. I like it a lot, especially the attention to real science - better than any show I've seen before. It's the absolute polar opposite of The Last Jedi's dumb-ass bombers and can't catch 'em chase.

I got hooked on the Great Brittish Baking Show, watched all 4 seasons. Crazy, but I loved it.

Watched the PBS reality series Frontier House and I absolutely LOVED it. I went out and BOUGHT it, no joke, because I loved it so much and wanted to see the extra content. If you can find it, watch it.

I've been keeping up with Dark Matter, and wow what a piece of shit now. Season 1 was good because of all the mystery and it's dark and edgy quality. But I doubt I'll watch a next season.

I watched The Good Place a while back and I really liked it.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    I've been keeping up with Dark Matter, and wow what a piece of shit now. Season 1 was good because of all the mystery and it's dark and edgy quality. But I doubt I'll watch a next season.
    You, sir, are a shit person with shit taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    You, sir, are a shit person with shit taste.
    Oh come on. You actually liked Season 3? The acting is often terrible. The characters have all lost their edge. The stories are not particularly imaginative. Blah.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

The Expanse season 3 starts tonight. And I don't have cable. I guess I wait a year for it to show up on Amazon. Sigh.
    The Rules

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Oh come on. You actually liked Season 3? The acting is often terrible. The characters have all lost their edge. The stories are not particularly imaginative. Blah.
    Yeah, I did like it. But you don't have to worry about another season, that was the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Yeah, I did like it. But you don't have to worry about another season, that was the end of it.
    Awww. Sorry, about that. But clearly it wasn't just me that wasn't liking it.
    The Rules