Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 1757

Thread: teevee sucks

Finally gotten around to watching Babylon 5, it's better than Space Precinct

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I knew who it was with the first letter he uttered.
    Always just wanna choke him
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Started watching Halo (haven't played it). From a production standpoint, it's very impressive. But the introduction of Bokeem Woodbine's boring-ass character in the second episode just saps all the energy outta the show, and there are also some weird plot beats that probably should've come later in the season. Still pretty dope scifi action fare.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Surprised/shocked to report Hawkeye doesn't suck
    I was happy with the show…especially big guy showing up.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

WoT was a major disappointment.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Moon Knight—puzzling blend of excellence and garbage saved by good acting and direction. The writing is incredibly heavy-handed at key moments, but the relationships are portrayed very well.

Picard—really enjoyable, miss it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    I was happy with the show…especially big guy showing up.
    I just wanna see someone kick him in the balls over and over again whenever I see him

Started watching Halo (haven't played it). From a production standpoint, it's very impressive. But the introduction of Bokeem Woodbine's boring-ass character in the second episode just saps all the energy outta the show, and there are also some weird plot beats that probably should've come later in the season. Still pretty dope scifi action fare.
    Solid season of scifi Soren & Kwan's arc took a lot of time to get good, and I'm not sure the investment was worth it, but the rest was enjoyable.

TheBoys starts off with a bang! Its pretty impressive how they keep managing to top their already over the top scenes every season.

My wife and I have 3 free months of Apple TV, and man was Ted Lasso awesome. I am now working my way through Severance as well. Any other recs?
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

first season of the Leia Organa show was pretty good, great supporting cast (esp. McGregor and Christensen), plotholes galore obv. but they really nailed the vibe. Reva's character was just very poorly written and directed for most of the season. Leia was an incredible lead. This was my favourite scene, just incredibly emotionally impactful (sound on): https://imgur.com/gallery/k0lojpl (spoilers obv)

we've been binging s3 of Umbrella Academy and it's great saving the last 2 eps for tomorrow, hope the finale holds up to the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    TheBoys starts off with a bang! Its pretty impressive how they keep managing to top their already over the top scenes every season.
    I'm just the tiniest bit surprised that you like The Boys.
    Congratulations America

First episode of Ms. Marvel is a masterclass in effective scene-setting. Two eps in and I desperately wanna binge it, but we don't have time -_- the casting is spot on, the writing is surprisingly solid, the direction is pretty great so far, and I'm absolutely loving the vibes. Just hoping it doesn't fall apart like these shows so often do at the halfway mark. I know there has been/will be criticism about lack of authenticity, but, afaict, it's precisely as authentic as it needs to be for what it's trying to do. Bruno's brilliant plan B for going to the con was an especially impressive flair.

I'm just the tiniest bit surprised that you like The Boys.
    I'm a big fan of cynical takes on themes. Its part of why I enjoy Game of Thrones, where there are is a lot more gray than pure good and evil.

I'm a big fan of cynical takes on themes. Its part of why I enjoy Game of Thrones, where there are is a lot more gray than pure good and evil.
    The Boys though at times feels like an unadulterated attack on the right of center in the USA. That's not just enjoying the somewhat being more interesting of the dark hats in the story.
    Congratulations America

The Boys though at times feels like an unadulterated attack on the right of center in the USA. That's not just enjoying the somewhat being more interesting of the dark hats in the story.
    An over the top caricature of the right. Bro I was raised on South Park, I'm not going to get offended by The Boys :0

Anyone else getting annoyed with the annihilation of linear story telling in West World?
    Congratulations America

She-Hulk

Decent casting, awful writing so far. Hope for improvement

Trying to watch The Rings of power and before the proloque was over I started to loose interest. They try too hard to please the fanbase and logic doesn't seem to have been a consideration in the writing of the voice over.
    Congratulations America

Just got into it and this is roaringly fun!

First episode of Ms. Marvel is a masterclass in effective scene-setting. Two eps in and I desperately wanna binge it, but we don't have time -_- the casting is spot on, the writing is surprisingly solid, the direction is pretty great so far, and I'm absolutely loving the vibes. Just hoping it doesn't fall apart like these shows so often do at the halfway mark. I know there has been/will be criticism about lack of authenticity, but, afaict, it's precisely as authentic as it needs to be for what it's trying to do. Bruno's brilliant plan B for going to the con was an especially impressive flair.
    Agreed. Finished season 4 and it was better than season 3, but they are right to end at Season 5. It remains pretty strong but suffers from the Amy Sherman Palladino trope where one young girl is "the one" who effortlessly does hard things but can't make basic life issues come together. Sort of like Gilmore Girls, which might be my all time least favorite show.

Trying to watch The Rings of power and before the proloque was over I started to loose interest. They try too hard to please the fanbase and logic doesn't seem to have been a consideration in the writing of the voice over.
    On the one hand, it's pretty unbelievable that Jeff Bezos being a Rings fan got almost a BILLION US DOLLARS for this thing.

Then again he also revived the Expanse so I owe him my firstborn.

Incredible computer game cutscene energy

And then they claim the negative reviews are the result of trolling.
    Congratulations America

Oh no it's definitely also being review-bombed by racist incel dullards. Rest of the first episode was better, but, like most of these over-produced white elephants, not particularly gripping. Think later episodes are/will be better but overall probably meh.

Wait until the incels migrate to Rick and Morty again.

Rings of Power steadily improving. Guessing it'll peak at episode 5. 6 and 7 usually kinda crappy, 8 will probably be a mixed bag

TV has really gone to shit since Thursday.
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

Took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out what happened on Thursday that would have made that be the case.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Rings of Power steadily improving. Guessing it'll peak at episode 5. 6 and 7 usually kinda crappy, 8 will probably be a mixed bag
    I realized that I thoroughly dislike LoTR-verse stuff. All that's lacking is that the good guys wear a badge 'good' and the bad guys a label 'bad'. They all look, act and are moved completely in synch with their labels.
    Congratulations America

Finally got around to watching the bonus Sandman episode and

I watched Arcane after I saw they were nominated for a Hugo. And while I haven't played LoL in ~a decade (and hence know nothing of the lore), I really enjoyed it! I thought the artwork was pretty solid, the character development not awful, voice acting was great, and music was pretty good too. Wasn't expecting much, but I really liked it.

HOTD is so damn good.

lil s2 teaser now up: