View Poll Results: What forum lead to your involvment with this group?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • DBZ

4 7.14%
  • MOOO

8 14.29%
  • IW

2 3.57%
  • RCT

20 35.71%
  • ToEE

2 3.57%
  • UT

11 19.64%
  • WOT

9 16.07%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum you are from?

Default Re: Forum you are from?

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers
    Getting "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again." every time I want to vote.
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus
    That is awful

And I laughed
    Oh it gets worse, a few of his 'pals' have got lightsabres on their finger and often have battles ....

I'm from MOO. Most of you probably don't know me though. I've been in lurking mode almost exclusively during the past 7 years.

Reading the discussions on the CC has really become a part of my life. But it does feel kinda weird. It's like I know you all very well even though you don't know me.

Anyway, hi
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." - Philip K. Dick.

The answer to life's most important question.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilon
    I'm from MOO. Most of you probably don't know me though. I've been in lurking mode almost exclusively during the past 7 years.

Reading the discussions on the CC has really become a part of my life. But it does feel kinda weird. It's like I know you all very well even though you don't know me.

Anyway, hi
    I remember you from MOO3. I thought you died.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar

From RCT.
    The only group hated more then DBZ'ers.
    I enjoy blank walls.

In perpetual orbit around a point three seconds to the left of the future.

I'm from the Unreal 2 forum, before Atari killed Legendary Entertainment and it got renamed the Legendary forum and was chucked into the archive.

I refused to touch the UT forums with a 20 foot pole.
    Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of wafer thin printed circuits that fill my complex. If the word hate was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant.
    For you.
    Hate.
    Hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Vernum
    I'm from the Unreal 2 forum, before Atari killed Legendary Entertainment and it got renamed the Legendary forum and was chucked into the archive.

I refused to touch the UT forums with a 20 foot pole.

But we were a friendly bunch! You never gave us a chance
    How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

In perpetual orbit around a point three seconds to the left of the future.

The UT forums were like a wild animal, friendly right up until the point where it suddenly wasn't.

I think it became friendlier after most of the prickly members migrated to the GTF forums but by that time it was too late, my prejudice against them was set in stone.
    Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of wafer thin printed circuits that fill my complex. If the word hate was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant.
    For you.
    Hate.
    Hate.

The ones that migrated to GTF were from the UT: Matches forum. the guys from the General Discussion section were much more friendly and less cliquey.

But yeah, the UT forums were the best thing about that place for a long time. And we were the first forum created on that website
    How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

I came from Scrabble at games.com, which then became Atari Play, which Atari and Infogrames completely fucked up.

I found ACC out of sheer frustration with Atari and its massive communication problems, and people in power with tiny penis syndrome, but then those things seeped into CC. More than once (see We Play Here). SSDD.

Hi Flixy! Hi munchie! Hi Beta/battleapple (is he here yet?)

I am very glad Infogrames is so totally fubar. I got to meet Nessus.

Then it just spiraled and before I knew it I was talking to drunken poets like Spawnie.

Lurker for about 6 months, then joined for RCT, realized I was shit at that after 3 years and started viewing then posting (kinda-regularly) in the CC b/c u guys semd so smrat.

RCT mainly.

RCT, that's where the party's at.

I ended up on CC because of Bowler Toaster Bafoon Deux.

I know
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

TOEE got me here (fraking buggy game).

Had dementia ever since.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
    I ended up on CC because of Bowler Toaster Bafoon Deux.

I know
    You're from RCT? I always thought you were an Unreal kid

Bloke

Grandpa

Whatever
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Was it Atari that published/developed/whatever Monopoly Tycoon?

If so, I think that was how I ended up here. I mean there.

Couldn't get the farkin thing to work so went to the publisher's site for tech support.

But then it could just as easily have been Cola Roaster Spitoon 2.

Wasn't UT. Never played it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Bloke

Grandpa

Whatever
    It's the closest thing to a strategy game Atari has ...

And a FPS? Please girl!
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Bloke

Grandpa

Whatever
    It's the closest thing to a strategy game Atari has ...

And a FPS? Please girl!
    Hey I'm a 4X/RPG fuckjob through and through but even I played some FPSs

And I mean straight-up FPSs too, not works of art like System Shock 2
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Ah, when we were young we made silly mistakes

Now we make devastating life ruining ones

By the way, I see that the smilies from the forum that shall not be mentioned are added, is it possible to add more?
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

By the way, I see that the smilies from the forum that shall not be mentioned are added, is it possible to add more?
    All you have to do is meet Wraithy in the alley behind the Olive Garden

Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

All you have to do is meet Wraithy in the alley behind the Olive Garden
    Does Finland actual have an Oliver Garden?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

It seems rct is the majority I found the Atari forums while looking for rct3 mods
    Praise the man who seeks the truth, but run from the one who has found it.

Orginally started posting on the old GTF UT forum in 2000. Eventually started on Community chat although I haven't exactly been particulary active for about 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan
    Does Finland actual have an Oliver Garden?
    You don't get things, do you?

Came form good o'l UT in the days of yore.

From the ever so hated DBZ forums originally. Of course over time one gravitates to where things are interesting. I have always loved reading through many of the topics that the CC'ers would debate so passionately. This is also the reason I joined here, I can't go without some daily reading.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. " -Plato

Might help if I added my reply here rather complaining that the poll voting didn't work on the last theme I was using.

I came from the RCT section (the past time annoying moderator that I was). I've always lurked in CC because there were some pretty interesting discussions time and time again.

Either way, interesting poll results none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by DecoyMilk
    the guys from the General Discussion section were much more friendly
    He's so right.