Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
I'm trying to put things in perspective for you. 241,000 jobs are a drop in the bucket. Less then a tenth of one percent of our population.
And I showed why that is a completely ridiculous number to look at. You are comparing a rate of one thing to a total of another thing. It's not even apples to oranges, it's falling apples to oranges.

And the assumption is that those people with H1-B visas have cost Americans jobs. I wonder how more likely firms will outsource the entire project/program/location OVERSEAS to take advantage of cheaper labor. By along knowledge workers to come here it may actually prevent the loss of entire company locations in the states.
I don't agree at all. As I said, tech companies have tried to do this in the early 2000s. Those who did are already overseas. Those who didn't could not because of whatever barriers, like communication or cultural barriers, or even the time difference. Those companies who could not go overseas are breaking through those barriers by importing workers at what they perceive is a cheaper cost. If they could not do this, the only other alternative would be to hire American workers. QED.

In addition if these folks came over here permanently these are EXACTLY the type of people we want immigrating. We typically don't want poor, unskilled and possibly criminal people coming into our country. We do want highly skilled workers coming over and becoming productively employed.
I agree, but not at the expense of other workers, and certainly not in this case. The requirements of the H1-B visa creates an unfair playing field by taking away the power of the employee to dictate terms.