Thread: freelancing??

Default freelancing??

http://lifehacker.com/5460247/top-10...or-freelancers

lifehacker's been posting a lot about freelancing

what IS freelancing?

what are the goods and the bads?

do you do it? do your friends do it? do you or your friends write off coffee-shop meetings?

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    what IS freelancing?
    Baby don't hurt me

Don't hurt me

No more
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Spin it let's begin it. Angel_Mapper's Avatar
    I did it for two years ('05 and '06), and I'm doing it again now. It definitely has its upsides, but you miss out on the social aspects of having an office job, and you have to be really disciplined to make sure you get your work done.
    One of the major upsides for me is I can write off every video game and computer part I buy.
    Angel Mapper - Prometheus

To have said goodbye to things!

Freelancing gives you the opportunity to work on cutting edge projects for driven clients:

http://www.27bslash6.com/p2p.html
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame