Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Game of Thrones

When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Spoiler:
    Bets on who rules Mereen now? Or is the show going to sidestep that question?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Spoiler:
    Tyrion
    Congratulations America

Spoiler:
    Why would anyone obey him? He just got into town.

Spoiler:
    So, are we to take it Dany's just buggered right off, not just flown round the block a couple of times? If so I doubt Episode 10 will answer the question.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Spoiler:
    So, are we to take it Dany's just buggered right off, not just flown round the block a couple of times? If so I doubt Episode 10 will answer the question.
    Minor book spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    The flight follows the book pretty closely, and she does indeed fly off. Not for good, but she's probably not coming back this episode.

We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

final ep:
    Game of Thrones taken to logical conclusion, kills off entire cast
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Spoiler:
    Bad time to be a Stark.

90% chance Snow won't be gone for good though. Same with Arya's blindness.

What I don't get is that the Iron Island people were meant to be on the show. Theon's father, sister, and uncle were in the casting, and yet here we are...

Spoiler:
    Loki, all times are bad times to be a Stark. There has not been a good time to be a Stark since considerably before the series began.

I always suspected Jon Snow had it coming. Ned Stark + Red Wedding was never enough to explain those "Every time someone complains about his books being late, George RR Martin kills a Stark" jokes. When Olly came bounding in with news of Benjen Stark, I thought, yer time is up Jon Snow.

Not sure he's coming back. Logically, given the environment they're operating in, the first thing they're going to do his burn his body. I don't think the Lord of Light works on charred skeletons.

I think they'll be doing more Iron Islands next season.

Or they would if they hadn't killed off every living human on Westeros + Essos in the finale. Next season will just be 10 hours of establishing shots.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Spoiler:
    There's a reason Melisandre returns right before the stabbing (she's in the castle the whole time in the books). She just realized that Stannis is not really Azor Ahai (the last hero reborn). She might resurrect him before the Night's Watch has a chance to burn him. Though there's the question of what exactly he can do after that. He's clearly not welcome in Castle Black and Stannis is dead.

Very high chance they're including Iron Islands next season. It would just make sense to briefly reintroduce some of the characters in the finale. And they were all listed in the casting. Maybe it was a final cut.

fuck you steely:
    Does the show keep Arya's skinchanger ability? Her blindness doesn't mean a damn thing if that carried over

And I do believe that the actor for Jon Snow said he wasn't coming back to the show, take that for whatever it means. Knowing GRRM, the shock of the attack could have put Jon's "consciousness" into Ghost awaiting a new host or some shit.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Spoiler:
    Point of order. We never saw the actual blade hitting Stannis's actual neck. In normal TV logic, that means he's alive. But this is Game of Thrones, so fuck knows.

Well, maybe she'll convert everyone at Castle Black to the Lord of Light? Bringing someone back from multiple stab wounds (proven in clinical trials to be harmful to Starks) is pretty convincing, and the Watch really does need a fire god on it's side at this point.

Also, why does Jon Snow never tell people things? At Hardhome, he forgot to mention that he shot Mance out of mercy because he was being burned alive at the time and nearly got himself killed. And then upon his return to Castle Black you'd think he'd be like "Fucking.... ice zombies!!!!!11" soon as he got through the gate, then Thorne and his cronies would put their plans for petty vengeance on hold because the survival of the entire human race is at stake. Has he even told anyone except Sam that Valyrian Steel kills them? Now that I think about it he was a fucking useless Lord Command and I'm glad he's dead.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Spoiler:
    The blindness carries over. She ends up taking on a blind persona while working for the Many Faced God.

Steely, I have noticed that about Jon Snow. It's like he goes out of his way to leave out the information that might make him look good.

book spoiler, so most certainly fuck you steely:
    carries over? thats new, her story so far ends up with her seeing through a stray cat to catch her master off guard

jon:
    isn't that how bastards are raised?
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Book stuff:
    Spoiler:
    I might be forgetting something, but she was blind for a period in the books (taking on some new persona of a blind girl), and figured out how to move despite being blind. Then she did a certain task and stopped being blind.

Spoiler:
    thats right, it was the daily milk that was making her blind, she stops having to drink it because she used the cat during her blindness to identify the dude training/caring for her.

If you want spoilers look up someone not in the show at all...

Ser Partek.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/16/ar...rytelling.html More whine. I swear these people get paid by the whine.

write about game of thrones = hits
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

"An objection may be justified, but the more logical protest would be against the show’s thin, utilitarian characterizations and the increasingly tone-deaf nature of its formerly tolerable mix of full-metal medieval-fantasy violence and soap-opera sentimentality."

Really? LOL thanks for the link Loki good for a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/16/ar...rytelling.html More whine. I swear these people get paid by the whine.
    Eh, yeah, I read that piece too and was like.. eh.. really?
    Congratulations America

Unreal. I also read that piece.

Shame

Shame.

Shame.

Shame.

* rigs bell *
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Spoiler:
    So why exactly does the NW first let Jon back, with a shitload of wildlings, to murder him then? They could have not let him back in or killed him outside the wall.. you know, before you have tonnes of willings on your side of the wall who presumably will not be happy about this. At least in the books there was a direct cause.

And I guess it's normal for a fighting king to be the only living one in an otherwise empty part of the forest where anyone can walk up to them without encountering enemies. Not like the Boltons might be looking for him after all.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Spoiler:
    The Stannis scene was weird. Perhaps the Boltons didn't get to the mop-up operations yet.

I didn't care for this season at all. I'm considering dropping HBO since this was the last remaining reason I could think to keep it around. I'm particularly frustrated with the stalled progress/ wheel-spinning of Ms. Dragon Lady. And that last scene with the zillion and 2 horsemen circling around. Really? What? Fuck it. I have better things to waste my time on.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Just watched season 6, episode 5.

Spoiler:
    That had to be the saddest moment of the series.

Trying to hide the spoilers from the front page. How much text do you need? About this much? Maybe more? Probably more. This should do it I think. Yeah, that's probably enough. I tried!

s6e09:

* So, we now have conclusive proof that Jon Snow does, in fact, know nothing. In fact, I'd go further than that and say that all the genes for intelligence are only passed along the female line in House Stark.
    * Although even then, why did Sansa keep her letter to Baelish to herself? Seems the only reason was to keep the battle suspenseful until the last minute. Because I'm pretty sure that knowing that a large, fresh force of heavy cavalry was heading to help might have changed their plans a little bit.
    * that said, it seems someone has taken a great deal of pleasure in going on to the Game of Thrones wiki less than a day after the episode aired and editing the House Bolton page to call them an 'extinct house' in the first line, then gone through the entire thing changing all references to them to the past tense. But, yeah, I'll take it. Fuck those guys.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come