Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Wow just wow. People whole like a movie due to a certain actor are just sad. And honestly I think Sean Bean is great but he's never really the main character in big movies. I predict that Clash for Kings will get similar ratings as the first season. Though I hope for even better!

I liked the new book. What I don't like is that GRRM seems to have no idea himself where he will be going, so he could easily need another five years for the new book. And he's 62.
    Congratulations America

62 isn't particularly old, Hazir.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Since Borders is going out of business I decided to use a gift card I had to buy A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, and A Feast for Crows. Damn I've got a long way to go, but I hope to tackle a chunk of it when I get my wisdom teeth out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    That was a good season final indeed. I hope they'll get a somewhat better budget for the second season or find a better way to avoid this feeling of the masses really not being masses at all.
    That's my only complaint of this series. The scene with Viserys and the gold was excellent, but in the book, it was in a huge marquee with 5,000 people in it, and Viserys had a hard time finding Khal Drogo and Daeny. In the tv show, there was about 50 people there, but he still said 'Where is my sister?' Uhh.. she's right in front of you mate.

The last 2 episodes of the show were fucking amazing.

People talking about Sean Bean: Did they complain when he died in the first LOTR?

Also, I don't think many people recognised the King either. I knew him because I knew his name, but if I just saw his face, I wouldn't know it was the same guy. He was in the Full Monty, the guy who wrapped cling film around himself while eating a Mars Bar
    How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

Quote Originally Posted by DecoyMilk View Post
    Also, I don't think many people recognised the King either. I knew him because I knew his name, but if I just saw his face, I wouldn't know it was the same guy. He was in the Full Monty, the guy who wrapped cling film around himself while eating a Mars Bar
    He was in an American Family/Comedy TV series called Still Standing for several years.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    He was in an American Family/Comedy TV series called Still Standing for several years.
    Oh really? I did not know that!
    How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

Heh, just picked up Game of Thrones from Borders myself. Good read so far, about 600 pages in. Gotta get the others, but it might have to wait until the weekend.

Anyone know where I can stream the episodes at? I'm a couple weeks behind here.

If you're an HBO subscriber you should have HBO go.

I'm reading the newest book now. Irritatingly my library got a digital copy the day after I bought one, but that's okay.

I'm probably going to wind up buying hard copies of all of these, too.

If you get your internet/cable through Time Warner then HBOGo is a no go.

Oh, that blows.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    62 isn't particularly old, Hazir.
    We're talking about a 62 year old with a less than perfect health and 3 more books to go. If he takes 5 years per book we'll never see the end of this series.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Oh, that blows.
    At least I think it doesn't work...I mean, Time Warner owns HBO so I don't know why they of all companies wouldn't offer the service.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    We're talking about a 62 year old with a less than perfect health and 3 more books to go. If he takes 5 years per book we'll never see the end of this series.
    Well one could hope that not all of the books will take 5 years.

Bump

Enjoying the latest series, but I don't remember all bits of it. Kind of disturbed by the end of this episode if I'm honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Yeah that was HBO being HBO...

The added Joffery scene was pretty creepy too.

Tyrion is still solid gold though. Tywinn scene good too.

The Lannisters are classy villains. Every time you think they're irredeemable they do something non-dickish, from Cercei's main motivation being the well being of her children, to Tywinns "hey, let's not torture people for no reason" moment.

Also

Last edited by Steely Glint; 04-24-2012 at 09:12 PM.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Some specific lannisters suck, but, as a family, they irritate me less than most of the others. And they do offer beautiful hot twincest after all.

This ep was good, far better than the rubbish ep we got last week. The red witch actress is getting more comfortable in her role it seems, as are both Stannis and Renly. That girl with Roz sets my teeth on edge.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Yeah but Tywinn didn't do it because the prisoners were suffering he did it because he could make use of them. He's evil to the bone IMO he's just not wasteful.

I don't think like couple of dozen cold, exhausted prisoners are going to make that much of a difference to his war effort. "Oh, we have a blacksmith now, thats +1 to swords. We will surely defeat Robb Stark." So either he's a massive micromanager, or something else was going on in that scene. Likely that while he has no problem with hurting people when it's in his own interests, he finds outright sadism distasteful. That's what makes them interesting as characters, they are monsters to one degree or another but not complete monsters (except Geoffry). And it's not as if any of the other characters are exactly nice guys.

Please keep in mind when you reply that I have not read the books and would like to you keep anything in them to yourself.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    I don't think like couple of dozen cold, exhausted prisoners are going to make that much of a difference to his war effort. "Oh, we have a blacksmith now, thats +1 to swords. We will surely defeat Robb Stark." So either he's a massive micromanager, or something else was going on in that scene. Likely that while he has no problem with hurting people when it's in his own interests, he finds outright sadism distasteful. That's what makes them interesting as characters, they are monsters to one degree or another but not complete monsters (except Geoffry). And it's not as if any of the other characters are exactly nice guys.

Please keep in mind when you reply that I have not read the books and would like to you keep anything in them to yourself.
    I agree. I think the books (and I'm not ahead of the series anymore really) and the shows are interesting as its not your classic "good vs evil" storyline. All the characters are people, complicated, messy. Its not as easy as saying "they're Lannister so evil, they're Stark so good and pure". Besides Geoffry.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Besides Geoffry.
    Spoiler:
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Holy crap that was excellent. And the song at the end... amazing.

(Warning spoilers in the comment section)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn2l2_v6Ur8

Though honestly anyone who hasn't read the books isn't going to have a clue.

Just saw the last episode. Holy shit was that awesome.

Loved the episode (been avoiding this thread 24 hours til it was shown here lol). Though typical Sky voiceover woman started yammering on through the song at the end.

It was difficult figuring out who to root for. Joffrey is the world's biggest cunt, but Stannis is hardly likeable or noble himself. In the end, I was just hoping they'd both run each other through and somehow Tyrion would become king and let Davos be the Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    It was difficult figuring out who to root for. Joffrey is the world's biggest cunt, but Stannis is hardly likeable or noble himself. In the end, I was just hoping they'd both run each other through and somehow Tyrion would become king and let Davos be the Hand.
    LOL

That would be interesting would it. Its a shame that Renly didn't actually follow the line of succession - Lannisters would of been toast without the Tyrells.

If they were as worried about the line of succession as all that, they'll all bend at the knee the second Daenerys Targaryan turns up on the shores of Westeros. Somehow, I don't see this happening. Meanwhile, if Renly had supported Stannis, would he have even got the support of the Tyrells in the first place? Didn't they just want to marry into the Royal line? The Lannister - Tyrell alliance might just have happened sooner.

Joffrey is the world's biggest cunt
    I think Theon Greyjoy might have something to say about that.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    I think Theon Greyjoy might have something to say about that.
    A candle's flame against the sun. Theon's doing what he thinks he has to, and he's desperate to win the approval of his father. Despite this, he's still clearly influenced by being raised by Ned Stark. He seems to feel guilty after the things he does, and only does them because he believes he doesn't really have a choice. Joffrey, on the other hand, does the things he does because he enjoys it.