Thread: We are sitting ducks.

Default We are sitting ducks.

I hope the Chinese don't hear about this. They're kinda pissed at us right now.

Radar Fail

Officials intend to investigate the cause of the interception failure.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Even if it worked, take out the radar, and you don't have to trust shitty programs and hardware to mess up...
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 02-01-2010 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Even if it worked, take out the radar, and you don't have to trust shitting programs and hardware to mess up...
    This is why both China and Russia are developing stealth technology and why we did it ages ago. It doesn't matter how good or powerful your anti-air defense is if you don't know where to point it.
    . . .

Even if it worked, take out the radar
    I hope no one thinks to have redundant systems or anything.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I see no text to read.

Thread start FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by ']['ear View Post
    I see no text to read.

Thread start FAIL.
    He includes a clickable link to CNN...
    . . .

Washington (CNN) -- A U.S. missile defense test failed Sunday when a long-range missile missed its target because of radar problems. The Defense Department said a target missile was launched from an Army test site at Kwajalein Atoll in the Marshall Islands at 7:40 p.m. Six minutes later, a second missile was launched from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California, to find the first one and destroy it. Both missiles flew successfully, but missed each other because of a problem in the sea-based X-band radar, the department's Missile Defense Agency said. The X-band radar sits atop a modified floating oil platform and provides information about incoming missiles so military officials can launch a response. "Both the target missile and ground-based interceptor performed nominally after launch. However, the sea-based X-band radar did not perform as expected," the agency said. Officials intend to investigate the cause of the interception failure.
    FFS, don't just quote the last sentence. If you find a certain part more interesting to start off the discussion, bold or underline it.
    Your search had no results.

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    I hope the Chinese don't hear about this. They're kinda pissed at us right now.

Radar Fail
    Nothing to worry about - I trust the US has more than a single radar

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    This is why both China and Russia are developing stealth technology and why we did it ages ago. It doesn't matter how good or powerful your anti-air defense is if you don't know where to point it.
    Actually, a good enough defense system can detect and even track a stealth fighter from a close enough range. No plane has zero RCS (radar cross section) and once IR kicks in it's probably game over.

ARGH!

Sorry, just needed to get that out of my system. You people seriously need to get a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post
    ARGH!

Sorry, just needed to get that out of my system. You people seriously need to get a clue.
    Could you point me towards the vendors that stock those, or alternatively the government agencies in charge of doling out said clues

Mistah
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.