Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Wait, you think he could make it past a primary? Trumps finances and business dealings are like buttery popcorn for a political reporter. His antics are all good and well until he actually runs for office.
    Not really, no. But he does lead the polls right now, and the longer he stays in the race the better it is for Obama.

Well, Ron Paul has formed an exploratory committee.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Quote Originally Posted by NGS View Post
    John King, IMO, did a good job of confronting Trump about the issue. My god, the man is the most completely narcissistic asswipe I've ever seen.
    Agreed. Is it me or is the guy completely unlikeable? I mean, his business history etc aside, isn't he completely unelectable because of his arrogance?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Agreed. Is it me or is the guy completely unlikeable? I mean, his business history etc aside, isn't he completely unelectable because of his arrogance?
    He's completely unelectable for a number of reasons. I'd be hesitant to ever say one single quality or characteristic is sufficient. Even if it's a direct Constitutional barrier like the requirement to be a natural-born citizen *in relation to discussing various people's thoughts that Arnold Schwarzenegger might run in 08* since those can still be removed.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Watching clips of Trump speaking in Vegas. Man, this guy is just a narcissistic bag of hot bigoted air. Not only did he use the F-bomb quite a lot, infer that Obama isn't a legitimate US citizen (again) who only got to Harvard because he's black.....but he said the US should take the spoils of war. In Libya, we should "take their oil".

Scary thing was the crowd cheering him on. WTF.

What are the odds that people who'd come to watch a politician speak would support what that politician says.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    What are the odds that people who'd come to watch a politician speak would support what that politician says.
    That really depends on the reason they have to ceme watch him.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    That really depends on the reason they have to ceme watch him.
    You don't see too many people in the US going to political events to watch the train-wreck. They go either so they can talk/write about it, or to support the speaker.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9mzJhvC-8E

Oh man he didn't write most of it, but he certainly enjoyed delivering it. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    You don't see too many people in the US going to political events to watch the train-wreck. They go either so they can talk/write about it, or to support the speaker.
    No hecklers then ?
    Congratulations America

the birth video (short form) is among the best things I've seen
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    No hecklers then ?
    It happens, and in larger crowds there's always some, but in larger crowds they almost always get drowned out too.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    In Vegas? Are you kidding? For the most part, Vegas is all about entertainment, and hardly anyone travels there just to attend a national political event. Remember when some national GOP event had to cancel last summer because it was so fricking hot, and the political climate was pretty hot, and they started getting tons of cancellations?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Oh man he didn't write most of it, but he certainly enjoyed delivering it. Well done.
    Have hardly heard him speak before.

As you say, what a performance.

Quite the entertaining speaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

At least Trump lost to Higgins!

..We are talking about Judd Trump, right?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!