Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rational vs. rationalizing voters

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Terminology is limited because we have a two-party dominant system. No one knows where to put the millions of Independents or Undeclared voters.

Dread strikes me as a Log Cabin Republican more than his claim to be a "Democrat".
    Where is he conservative besides on business?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    What were you getting that advanced degree in? I forget whether it was something for biology or something for physics. Why don't you tell me everything I don't know about science. Or maybe I should just, you know, try to actually examine the world around me with an at least slightly open mind.
    All of those things I examine are already dead, I do not experiment on living tissue. This is a rather crucial difference between me and political parties.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Where is he conservative besides on business?
    As far as I know, a Log Cabin Republican is socially liberal and fiscally conservative, including favoring "less federal or central control". How wouldn't that fit Dread's latest posting history?

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    As far as I know, a Log Cabin Republican is socially liberal and fiscally conservative, including favoring "less federal or central control". How wouldn't that fit Dread's latest posting history?
    How is that different to someone supporting the Democratic Leadership Council? There's no inherent reason why someone who's not at the left or right fringe would have to be a support of the Democratic or the Republican Party.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    How is that different to someone supporting the Democratic Leadership Council? There's no inherent reason why someone who's not at the left or right fringe would have to be a support of the Democratic or the Republican Party.
    How does that help Minx understand our political "name tags"? Plenty of registered Democrats or Republicans are at the fringes, or they're moderate-centrists but decide to retain their party affiliation, for whatever reason. I suspect die-hard (D) or (R) want to retain their primary voting rights, which varies by state. Personally, I decided not to belong to either party, and gave up my primary voting "rights".

This is why politcs should be taught in schools. How money is raised, how it's spent, who decides, what factors go into the decions generally. The corrupt sides, the legitimate forms of governing. How to interpret acts politcally, as political maneuvers. It's sad what they waste their time teaching. When so much can be taught on how the world is, and it be bundled, because it also teaches analyical skills, thinking long-term, judging people's goals and intentions etc.. It's very important skills.

Thank you Loki and Fuzzy for elucidating some things while I was gone.