View Poll Results: Did DSK rape the chambermaid ?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 20.00%
  • No

4 80.00%
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: So, did he or didn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenCain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenCain
    While out on bail, you could rape 17 babies.

Point being?
    Prison works?
    Right, because there's no rape in prison, is there?
    I can not recall any case in the history of either the UK or any state of the US or Australia (or Federal US or Aussie law either) where someone incarcerated in prison has successfully managed to rape 17 babies.

Obviously I am guessing from your blasé attitude, that just like dying to the feds in a blaze of glory, in your version of this world the multiple molestation of infants while incarcerated is actually quite a common occurrence. Therefore I would be much-obliged if you enlighten me from your font of wisdom just which sort of people have been able to get away with penetrating multiple infants while behind bars.

Yeah, you're obviously not being deliberately obtuse and ridiculous at all. Good job.

If you're going to be a pedantic, nitpicky prick, at least get it right, and show us a case where some guy on bail raped 17 babies.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Well, what is your point? You seem to be advocating locking people up before they've been found guilty, which strikes me as very wrong, but whatever. I am one of those weirdos who believes in that "innocent until proven guilty" insanity.
    Where did I said that? I said restrict the freedom of movement. House arrest could be one measurement. A GPS ankle bracelet that would go along with a restriction of movement can be another.

That's why I asked you if you allow someone with a GPS ankle bracelet to leave the country. Well if you do, than how can you stop people just going to their home country where they will be out of reach of your countries courts?

I do? Alright, so you do support the "guilty until proven innocent" theory of justice and think we lock everyone in solitary confinement, since otherwise, there's a chance of baby-rape and whatnot.
    The measurement has to be adjusted to the severity of the accused crime.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

Quote Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
    That's why I asked you if you allow someone with a GPS ankle bracelet to leave the country. Well if you do, than how can you stop people just going to their home country where they will be out of reach of your countries courts?
    Not leaving the jurisdiction is almost always a condition of bail.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Well then you're movement is still restricted. I agree it's an improvement, but in principle it is still a restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenCain
    While out on bail, you could rape 17 babies.

Point being?
    Prison works?
    Right, because there's no rape in prison, is there?
    I can not recall any case in the history of either the UK or any state of the US or Australia (or Federal US or Aussie law either) where someone incarcerated in prison has successfully managed to rape 17 babies.

Obviously I am guessing from your blasé attitude, that just like dying to the feds in a blaze of glory, in your version of this world the multiple molestation of infants while incarcerated is actually quite a common occurrence. Therefore I would be much-obliged if you enlighten me from your font of wisdom just which sort of people have been able to get away with penetrating multiple infants while behind bars.
    Yeah, you're obviously not being deliberately obtuse and ridiculous at all. Good job.

If you're going to be a pedantic, nitpicky prick, at least get it right, and show us a case where some guy on bail raped 17 babies.
    It was you not me that set the goal posts at 17 babies. Please don't imply you're intending to move the goal-posts.

Not only is it possible (as you stated) while on bail to molest 17 babies, there are definitely multiple cases throughout history while individuals have molested multiple children (sometimes 17 or more). It is not possible in prison, and nothing like it has ever happened no matter how much you want to stretch the goals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Right, people in prison can't molest children because they don't have contact with children... so your position would be that we should incarcerate every adult in the world to prevent baby-rape?

Thanks for that very useful contribution to the discussion. Do you have anything to add that isn't absurd or asinine?

Right, people in prison can't molest children because they don't have contact with children... so your position would be that we should incarcerate every adult in the world to prevent baby-rape?

Thanks for that very useful contribution to the discussion. Do you have anything to add that isn't absurd or asinine?
    No, that was not my position. The context of the comment was specifically about people on bail. Do I think every innocent person needs to be incarcerated? No.

Do I think that bail should be denied to accused murderers, rapists, child abusers etc - and that if convicted they should both get and serve a lengthy sentence behind bars? Yes.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

You can be accused very easily. I think there should be strong evidence before action should be taken.

By accused we're referring to those who've reached the stage they're already in the courts. Ie there's already sufficient evidence to have got that far.

I'm not suggesting anyone can make a random allegation and it's immediate prison. That's not how anything works.

Well it seems it worked for the case we are discussing for the last 22 pages.

* I have to add, traces of sperm alone are not sufficient evidence IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Do I think that bail should be denied to accused murderers, rapists, child abusers etc - and that if convicted they should both get and serve a lengthy sentence behind bars? Yes.
    How Lewkowskian of you, especially considering that old legal quip about it being possible to indict a ham sandwich for anything. Kinda reveals your true colors too, when you get all "guilty until proven innocent" as soon as we're talking about serious crimes.