Starting Thursday, Comcast's TV subscribers—for no additional charge—will be able to view shows from more than 20 popular ABC and Fox series, including "Grey's Anatomy" and "Family Guy," on-demand the day after their live broadcast, with fast-forwarding capabilities disabled.

Bastards.

Pausing isn't disabled but you can't un-pause unless you close the show and start it again. Oops.

I bet they fired a bunch of people, too.

Bastards.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...658342788.html

I'm pretty sure it's in their TOS that they own your soul, but isn't the idea of On Demand that you can do whatever you want with the video?

They started experimenting with this crapage a while back, and I guess no one noticed so they piled it on.

* On Demand videos only have one fast forward mode, while regular ("taped") shows have several.

* For the regular "taped" shows, about a year ago they made the fastest fast forward button jump backwards about 1-3 minutes, which means that after you see the start of the show and click "play", you're forced to watch the last ad unless you fast-forward again, and that risks of course making you go back to that ad again if you don't fast-forward enough.

I complained about that one (saying that it doesn't stop at the actual image you stop it at, but back about a minute or even more), but they said it's a "feature".

Bastards.

In random moments of stupidity, I wonder where the heck the FCC and/or other anti-monopoly agencies are. And then I remember that they're in bed with Comcast.