Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: vBulletin 4.1.4

Yes, that is pretty annoying.

I've been using the X on A/A to undo copy/paste formatting when quoting sources, as advised. Besides being a bit bothersome in extra steps, it's also still showing up with that I have to undo with additional edits. Am I doing something wrong?

ctrl+a then hitting the button should be an easy way to accomplish the same thing and making sure you do grab everything, but this is something that really shouldn't have changed. I still have to grab hold of a version of safari and test this out. There may be some option in the Safari configuration to turn off rich text copying in the clipboard which would fix this for you when copying from other sites.

If it's just an a pair of tags with nothing in between, you shouldn't have to worry about it - it won't actually do anything with our formatting.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Wraithy, if I change my mind about posting something it tries to stop me from leaving the page. Kill it!
    I think this is a good thing. A few people have definitely complained about entering text and then accidentally closing a window and losing it.

So make it optional insread of punishing the wishy-washy? It bugs Flixy, too. And they have the autosave now if they can't stop themselves from accidentally closing things.

It mostly bugs me when it does that when I did not write anything - so that must be a bug. I think compared to the annoyance of losing an entire post, this is better.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Not really.

But do you really need autosave and that aggravating pop-up to protect you from your own carelessness?

I've had one post eaten by a time-out, ever. And a couple because I wasn't paying attention and managed to hit back or refresh. But seriously, you have to work to "lose" a post.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

I don't have issues with a time out, it's when I accidentally click outside a text box or something and press backspace it's gone. Not sure how the autosave works - if it saves the post anyway I don't need the popup.

Also, I'm having major issues with the quick reply box. Sometimes if I hit enter, I get a line before the line I am in, basically pushing whatever I am typing more and more down. And there is no way to delete the rows above without deleting all text. Sometimes, if I press enter, it creates a line after where I am, but the cursor does not move with it, and it is impossible to remove the white line. Or to type anywhere else than where my cursor is at that time. Sometimes I cannot move my cursor anywhere except where it is, and just keep typing and typing but there is no way to get to another part of your post with deleting everything you wrote after it. I just had it now, refreshing did not work, restoring autosaved content did.

And yet another issue: just now, when I clicked post, it gave that popup about leaving the page. I pressed cancel, added a complaint about it in the post, tried to post again, again a popup. This time I pressed okay, and apparently it did post this post - but without the line I added about the popup, so that was lost.

I just time-out, or the auto-save didn't work. Wrote a post, hit Post Quick Reply, and got a pop-up saying if I continued, what I wrote would be lost by the editor. So I copied it and tried to replay again---same thing. Then I copied it a third time, and was going to post in a new tab.....but the new tab showed my post was already there!

I am so confused.

When I did that, a part of my post went missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    When I did that, a part of my post went missing.
    Yep. Using the regular Reply to Post works, just not the Quick Reply.

Figured out formatting on my mac, sorta. Copying a web article works if I "Paste and Match Style", or use the A/A to switch editor to source mode. Whatever the hell that means. The A/A X remove format doesn't really work for me, the still stays there, and sometimes gets even huger!

I don't have issues with a time out, it's when I accidentally click outside a text box or something and press backspace it's gone. Not sure how the autosave works - if it saves the post anyway I don't need the popup.

Also, I'm having major issues with the quick reply box. Sometimes if I hit enter, I get a line before the line I am in, basically pushing whatever I am typing more and more down. And there is no way to delete the rows above without deleting all text. Sometimes, if I press enter, it creates a line after where I am, but the cursor does not move with it, and it is impossible to remove the white line. Or to type anywhere else than where my cursor is at that time. Sometimes I cannot move my cursor anywhere except where it is, and just keep typing and typing but there is no way to get to another part of your post with deleting everything you wrote after it. I just had it now, refreshing did not work, restoring autosaved content did.
    This problem still occurs every now and then, and it's really annoying!

My quick reply box is messed up. I used to be able to type in quick reply, page back then page forward, and not lose what I'd typed.

Is the auto-save in Quick Reply different than auto-save in +Reply to Thread?

Just went to post in the travel thread using the quick reply. It kept giving me the warning box about losing my work if I navigate away from the page, but I was clicking on the Post Quick Reply box.

EDIT:
    Same shit happened in this thread, had to refresh (same error box) before the quick reply would work.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

It's apparently a known issue with the new editor. Click "leave this page" if it comes up, or whatever the equivalent is for your browser. Your post will go through.

I'm going to see about downgrading back to 4.1.3.1 next time I have the chance.

I do think it is odd that my quick reply box sometimes contains the front page:

Plagiarist.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I do think it is odd that my quick reply box sometimes contains the front page:
    I have never seen that, and can't repro it. What browser are you using? (Pretend with me that I intend to actually investigate instead of just rolling back the reply box)

Firefox 3.6.18 (I suppose I should update that).Happens when I am at a page, go to another page, and then press back. Also right now my quick reply box is yet again fucked up, there is no cursor and you can only type at the end.

Hi,

I see you can now put tables into signatures. Can you take the boarder off? Can take up less space vertically that way.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I need to just stop putting off downgrading. I'll see what I can do about sig tables after I get through with that. Need a nap first, though.

Go team!
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Okay, it's done. Old editor is back. Still need to change the default style, and it looks like * vision needs some color tweaks, but those should be done in the next few minutes.

I think I've got everything fixed up and working now. Let me know if I missed anything. This was a bit more complicated than most of the stuff I do here, and involved a good bit of hacking, so I wouldn't be surprised.

black on blue in the quick reply box on the classic blue theme
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Ugh, Chrome. I wish I could remember what I just did to change this for other browsers.

I tried to start a new thread just now, but it wouldn't let me type in a title.

FYI: I also can't type anything in the optional editing box....
    Last edited by GGT; 07-10-2011 at 03:45 AM.

It's just a text color issue. Give me a moment and I'll fix it...