Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: vBulletin 4.1.4

Thanks!

Gah, I hate to be a royal pain in the ass, but now I can't click on [More] smilies to see the entire list. I was looking for the tip-o-the-hat or the bowing respectful head one.

Yeah, that looks busted. I'm exhausted right now though, and it doesn't seem that important, so I'll fix it in the morning.

No worries, not important AT ALL. Just FYI.

testing

:bowhead:

By the way, in case we haven't thanked you enough for messing around with vBulletin and all that....Thank You! And many thanks to Illusions as well. It's great you got rid of that blinding white reply box, and made it easier (for even idiots like me) to post.

I have NO idea how you do what you do, but what you do is great.

:highfive:

IE9, when using the quick search, all search pages after 1 redirect to page 1
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

How many regulars do we have now? Wrong thread?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Looks like about 40 frequent users. Counting the infrequent users is harder, and I'm too lazy for that. If you're interested in comparisons, this appears to be the exact same number of frequent users as the last time I checked at the beginning of the year, which was also the almost the same as the number I counted in June of last year. The last time I added less frequent users to the tally, it almost doubled our headcount.

And yeah, probably wrong thread.

Not sure where else to post this. Was a problem in last version, continues with this one. Typing along, nothing too wordy or taking much time....then my screen suddenly goes to main page, poof, entire post lost.

Use Firefox? Saves form data and text box input, so I can get it back again by navigating page history. Also, not sure that your issue is a VBulletin one... sounds like you're inadvertently hitting a shortcut combo or mouse button linked to "back one page" in your browser.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Not a fan of firefox. No, I'm not accidentally hitting my mouse or keyboard in strange places while typing. Mac shortcuts require holding down command or option at the same time as other keys...not doing that either. Using the shift key to capitalize wouldn't be a shortcut of any kind.

This happened before, and Flixy had the same problem. I didn't follow that thread because things eventually calmed down and it wasn't a problem. Why's it popping up again?

Yeah, this doesn't sound like anything server-side at all. Flixy's problem was the main page appearing in the text edit box IIRC, which was more of a server side problem.

Post saving was a feature of 4.1.4, but I had to back it out.

If I ever get around to it, I wanted to put up a version of the new 4.1.5 for evaluation somewhere eventually, to see if it works any better and if people are okay with upgrading the main board to it.

So long as there are no follow-up questions, or speculations as to how I obtained this tidbit of information... the behavior GeeGee's describing can, apparently, be the result of using Windows key combinations for navigating or selecting text on a Mac. "Ctrl + <-" does not, for example, skip the cursor back one word on a Mac, as it does when pressed in MS word... or virtually all sensible Windows-based text editors.

Are you sure that's not a possible cause of your issues, GeeGee? Because if any more knowledge of crApples enters my brain on account of you inadvertently blowing away your text (or navigating back a page, etc.) with some moronic Mac key combination... well, I don't even know. But you won't like it.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

The show more smileys link doesn't work in Chrome
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

That is likely a vBulletin bug we can't fix on our end.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenCain View Post
    So long as there are no follow-up questions, or speculations as to how I obtained this tidbit of information... the behavior GeeGee's describing can, apparently, be the result of using Windows key combinations for navigating or selecting text on a Mac. "Ctrl + <-" does not, for example, skip the cursor back one word on a Mac, as it does when pressed in MS word... or virtually all sensible Windows-based text editors.

Are you sure that's not a possible cause of your issues, GeeGee? Because if any more knowledge of crApples enters my brain on account of you inadvertently blowing away your text (or navigating back a page, etc.) with some moronic Mac key combination... well, I don't even know. But you won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    The show more smileys link doesn't work in Chrome
    I can't see more smileys, either. Even when I click Advanced.

Sorry, Cain. I don't press many keys when I post. Shift to capitalize, delete or return, copy/paste, F11 or F12 for volume control, that's about it. The only key-command short-cut I use is command/quit.

I don't keep more than two windows or tabs open at a time, so that can't be the problem, either. But since it seems to be unique to me....I'll try to keep a closer eye on what's going on when my posts vanish while I'm typing.