<<New attempt to engage everyone in a discussion about the politics, legislation, science, and religious beliefs surrounding abortion. Although the US has Roe v Wade legalizing abortion, we also have the Hyde Amendment limiting abortion--->>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyde_amendment

As a rider attached to the yearly appropriations bill for Medicaid, it occasioned intense debate in Congress each time that it came up for renewal. The original measure made no exceptions for cases of pregnancies that were the result of rape or incest or that threatened the lives of pregnant woman, provoking an outcry from women's rights advocates. As a result, beginning in 1977 language was added to provide for such circumstances; however, the exact wording has varied from one year to the next, subject to the outcome of Congressional bargaining on the issue.
Plenty of other articles I could cite and quote, illustrating how states have been whittling away at abortion services. From public defunding to extraneous regulations to falsifying facts about science. But I hesitate to post them, since some posters here would just critique each article instead of the larger issue.

Some within the "pro-life" group would prefer to deny funding for beneficial and preventative services like sex-ed in schools, access to BC and family planning --- denying those services in order to outlaw abortion. The common theme is a religious basis for being anti-abortion, and using political power to legislate their beliefs.

Is religious belief a proper metric to use regarding abortion services?

Should anti-abortion religious beliefs be a litmus test for legislators running for office?

I don't think so, but what do you think?

<<No poll, because I suck at those too >>