Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Is Italy the Latest Failed Euro State?

So, tell me again why I would care about what a Brit has for an opinion on Greece? Weren't you so dead set on not paying for the Greeks no matter what the conditions were? If you're so happy to give your tax-pounds to them to dispense of as their corrupt political class sees fit, be my guest. I rather have the politicians that represent me put some pretty strict conditions before their pour a cent more of my tax-euros in that bottomless pit.

You know, that's called democracy, taxation leading to representation. Democracy does not mean; corrupt Greeks get to decide about everybody else's money.
    Congratulations America

Democracy means that German voters can make demands before giving money, I've not raised any issues with that.
    Democracy also means that Greek voters can demand that their nation defaults on its debts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    While I am not exactly admiring the average politician I would absolutely not go as far as lumping all of them in with what goes for a 'leader' in Greece. They have taken lying and incompetence to a whole new level.
    That seems to be a function of them being Greek, in that such things seem be pretty pervasive and ubiquitous within Greek culture and society at the moment. Greeks elect leaders from within their own country, which means that their leaders reflect the cultural norms and societal values (or lack thereof) of the country at large, sure.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Democracy means that German voters can make demands before giving money, I've not raised any issues with that.
    Democracy also means that Greek voters can demand that their nation defaults on its debts.
    Yes, and then they go hungry and cold. And wonder if anybody cares. The idiocy is that you think that's going to improve anything. It won't; the only thing that's going to help Greece out of this hole is a slighty more honest bunch trying to govern that country after having chucked out all of it's present day civil servants and cutting off all companies depending on ties with the state.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    the only thing that's going to help Greece out of this hole is a slighty more honest bunch trying to govern that country after having chucked out all of it's present day civil servants and cutting off all companies depending on ties with the state.
    So, while you're putting your wish for the impossible things that will never be, I'll put mine in too, which is for a number of private island fortresses and a small private military to guard them (and me).
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.