Page 12 of 94 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: What game are you playing now?

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    Warning 56K
    New scans from Famitsu of The Last Story, the new Wii JRPG from the creator of Final Fantasy.
    Seriously, I've seen 360 games that don't look as good as this does.

Spoiler:
    I enjoy blank walls.

Looking forward to Red Dead Redemption on May 18th.

All the delays made me nervous, as that's usually a bad sign...but early previews have been quite positive, so hoping it lives up to be as awesome as it seems.

When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Crowheart View Post
    Looking forward to Red Dead Redemption on May 18th.

All the delays made me nervous, as that's usually a bad sign...but early previews have been quite positive, so hoping it lives up to be as awesome as it seems.
    Rockstar has already been busted for paying for (at least one of) those positive reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Ack, what's the character second from the right? (Looks familiar, but can't place it... don't wanna lose my classic gaming geek card.)

Also, stop trolling ][ear. If I'm not allowed to, you can't either.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Isn't that the Castlevania dude?
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Ah, yeah, that'd be it. Without the whip, I was thinking like Tarzan or Conan the Barbarian, but couldn't think of any classic gaming titles which would put one of those characters in such prestigious company.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Who's the guy/what's the thing on the far left?

It's Samus from Metroid.

Spoiler:
    She's a girl!!!
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Yup, from left to right, it's Samus of the Metroid series, Link from the Zelda games, Mario form Mario Brothers, Megaman from the Megaman games, Simon Belmont from the Castlevania series, and finally, ][ear of AtariCC fame, from his days as a Contra.

I shouldn't ... but ..

It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Really? Ugh

I know, I know, it only encourages the lovable young rogue. That was funny though.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Rockstar has already been busted for paying for (at least one of) those positive reviews
    Oh?
    Hadn't heard that...gotta link to it?
    Not that I don't believe you or anything, just curious.

Posting from work (we block game related sites), so i hope this is the right link:
    http://kotaku.com/5511199/rumor-gran...-writer-sacked
    Dude got fired for making part of the email public via Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by from a link-to-link-to-link blurb mention on the subject
    Says McCasker, “I did not sign up to become a journalist to write advertorials masquerading as editorial. This ‘cash for comment’ culture that is fast becoming the status quo within print media bothers me a lot.”

Link worked fine, thanks!

Meh, I'm torn.
    Rockstar has always been aggressive with PR stuff, don't really see anything out of the ordinary, or anything that isn't common to the industry as a whole.
    Just a badly written "Recognize the skillz" email.

From my experience, when someone is fired that fast, they were in the bullseye already, can definitely see some inter-magazine politics between the lines here.

Link worked fine, thanks!

Meh, I'm torn.
    Rockstar has always been aggressive with PR stuff, don't really see anything out of the ordinary, or anything that isn't common to the industry as a whole.
    Just a badly written "Recognize the skillz" email.
    Nah, that's a "give our big investment a good grade or we'll reconsider where we send our advertising dollars" email. I've seen a ton of "_____, or we'll stop giving you money" emails, and most are way more subtle than that.

From my experience, when someone is fired that fast, they were in the bullseye already, can definitely see some inter-magazine politics between the lines here.
    Maybe, but from my experience, he probably doesn't deserve to be... like getting in the bullseye by writing honest reviews that save gamers money by scaring them away from game turds. Speaking of, looks like RG's latest offering is a game turd. Now I know to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenCain View Post
    Nah, that's a "give our big investment a good grade or we'll reconsider where we send our advertising dollars" email. I've seen a ton of "_____, or we'll stop giving you money" emails, and most are way more subtle than that.
    Naturally.
    I'm not saying it's good, just that it's SOP...for everyone...just most aren't so blatant, or do it with free swag.
    That it's so unsubtle is why I call it badly written.

Maybe, but from my experience, he probably doesn't deserve to be... like getting in the bullseye by writing honest reviews that save gamers money by scaring them away from game turds. Speaking of, looks like RG's latest offering is a game turd. Now I know to avoid it.
    It actually looks great, but not everyone has the same tastes in games...not your cup of tea I suppose.

Although there are far better reasons to hate Rockstar in relation with this game.
    The Rockstar Wives blog on Gamesutra detailing Rockstar San Diego's treatment of employees for example.
    http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/Rocks...themselves.php

Although there are far better reasons to hate Rockstar in relation with this game.
    The Rockstar Wives blog on Gamesutra detailing Rockstar San Diego's treatment of employees for example.
    Enh. Read that (back when it hit the news), and cursed my bad luck for not being able to get those chicks over my office, to make the rest of the world hate my boss as well. (Also, we don't even have a fucking masseuse, so quit yur bitchin', bitches!)

More S.O.P., and for the entire tech industry... though it's pretty well known that making video games has the absolute worst working conditions in the tech industry, right below those Indian sweatshop-call-centers, and just marginally above the 5th circle of hell.

Isn't this news story the reason behind Rockstar's more recent Eye of Sauron set of wallpapers?

Yah, Crunch-time in that industry is notorious.
    I recall EA had a similar hub-bub about something like this too awhile back...guess nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Isn't this news story the reason behind Rockstar's more recent Eye of Sauron set of wallpapers?
    Yeah, it was related to the story, I don't recall the details though.
    Something like management or someone trying to make light of the situation if I remember correctly.

EDIT: Yeah that was it.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...-Eye-of-Sauron
    Last edited by Crowheart; 04-30-2010 at 10:32 PM.

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    I'm still NOT playing Mechwarrior 4 because the stupid installer refuses to work.
    I enjoy blank walls.

Been fooling around with fallout 3. Might wanna start making machinima soon...but for now:

Edit: Why does it not show up?

Quote Originally Posted by Knux897 View Post
    Been fooling around with fallout 3. Might wanna start making machinima soon...but for now:

Edit: Why does it not show up?
    http://img32.imageshack.us/i/fallout...4301901443.png/

(And it's a 4-oh-4 without the terminal slash which is fucking up your ability to post the image inline.)

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaand...still nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Knux897 View Post
    EDIT: Aaaaaaaaand...still nothing
    You need to select the "Direct Link" its a different URL
    http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/537...4301901443.png

But like I said the first time, use www.Imgur.com

Yah I tried but they changed the site so I couldn't figure out how. I always just clicked on it before. I tried using Imgur too but it wasn't working. Thanks though!

Spin it let's begin it. Angel_Mapper's Avatar
    I started playing through Mother 3 (aka Earthbound 2). It saddens me that this was never released in the states, but thankfully there's a fan-made English translation patch for it.
    Angel Mapper - Prometheus

To have said goodbye to things!