Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: What game are you playing now?

EDIT: no idea what the hell the old video was or how it got there...
    Last edited by NGS; 02-04-2010 at 02:10 PM.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Torchlight for a quick Dungeon Crawl
    Mass Effect 1 at the moment since I lost the save game and want to start Mass Effect 2 with an old character.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Dragon Age does do level scaling, but it isn't particularly strict. If you go to a certain place when you're level eight, the encounters are going to be beatable, but they'll still be harder than if you go there at level 18. You fight a lot of the same creatures throughout the game, but the designers intended for you to feel more and more badass against them as you grow in power. By the end-game, when you're around level 20 or so, you've got a lot more mass-combats against level 10s whereas when you're level 10 you're more likely to face five or six monsters of levels 8-12.
    Aye.

Very reminiscent of Baldur's gate so far. Done the beginning stages of a warrior and as a mage.

Prefer the warrior, I like the hacking and slaying and the blood. And the armour. And shouting RAAAAA.

Zapping someone with lightning isn't nearly as satisfying as cutting their limbs off.

So far it gets a

Knock it off ar81. We know you're playing the game of catch-up here. You really do not have to reply to week old threads that faded and died naturally. Do you?

This isn't really one of threads that dies naturally GGT.
    Unless you want me to make individual threads for Dante's Inferno or Bioshock 2.

Speaking of which, anyone pick up either of them yet? The nonstop advertising of Dante's Inferno kind of turned me off, and the reviews keep saying its trying to copy to much from God of War. But I haven't played God of War yet (its still sitting on the shelf), so I was wondering if its worth it. Bioshock is getting better reviews (few PC issues), but they say to be a different game than the original, way more sci-fi

I was trying to speak to ar81. In case you didn't notice, it's like he's just discovered this forum and feels compelled to comment on every old thread. But whatever.

In perpetual orbit around a point three seconds to the left of the future.
    I'm thinking of getting Bioshock 2 but I'm trying to learn more about how it's integrated with Games for Windows Live first.

Last game I bought that used GfWL caused me numerous problems when logging in (i.e: I couldn't) and didn't have an offline mode so it refused to save single player progress unless you were logged in. If Bioshock 2 is similar then I'll skip it, I'm not going to pay for a game I can't play because it's tied in to a shitty service.
    Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of wafer thin printed circuits that fill my complex. If the word hate was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant.
    For you.
    Hate.
    Hate.

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    I should mention I am also playing these:
    Sonic And The Black Knight
    Nostalgia
    GRID

Also, there are new rumors about that the new Zelda for Wii is going to be a sequel to Majora's Mask. :squee:
    I enjoy blank walls.

I'm still playing GRID. It's excellent.

Thinking about getting Batman Arkham Asylum. People have been soiling themselves over it and I'm getting curious.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

It's got the goddamn batman!

If you're just curious, there's downloadable demos on the internets.

Planning to. But demos don't tell you about the longevity of the game. Lately many shoot em ups or beat em ups lose their appeal halfway down the game. More often than not I feel I'm losing interest because of repetition and lack of story. GTA IV and Fallout for instance are still on my HD busy being ignored because I really can't be arsed.

This workmate however insists that the toys you unlock throughout the game keep it interesting, the story, although simple is solid and Yahtzee claims melee and sneaking are balanced and fun.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...-Arkham-Asylum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

The game is pretty solid. It wasn't overly long, but it managed to keep me interested throughout. The scarecrow bits were all great. It's a good choice if you don't mind action games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Unless you want me to make individual threads for Dante's Inferno or Bioshock 2.

Speaking of which, anyone pick up either of them yet? The nonstop advertising of Dante's Inferno kind of turned me off, and the reviews keep saying its trying to copy to much from God of War. But I haven't played God of War yet (its still sitting on the shelf), so I was wondering if its worth it. Bioshock is getting better reviews (few PC issues), but they say to be a different game than the original, way more sci-fi
    Haven't picked up either, yet. My boyfriend will probably get Bioshock 2 (it's more his type - I'd rather watch him play it like I did with the first one), but I'm not sure how I feel about Dante. I downloaded the videos for it and it looks both interesting and off-putting at the same time. I can clearly see why people are comparing it to God of War; there seems to be many similarities, especially with the moves and fighting style. A friend played the demo and said it was fun, but I'll probably wait for God of War 3. That demo has me salivating. I highly encourage you to play the GOW Collection, OG. I wasn't that impressed with the remastering, but the games are still some of the best I have ever played.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way...

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post

Yeah, got them both.

Dante's Inferno is a GoW clone.
    It's not as well done though, lacks the same polish.
    It could have used some more dev time, parts feel rushed..they clearly wanted to get it out before GoW 3 releases.

Although having said all that, I'm enjoying it immensely.
    Combat is great, hell itself looks great, the holy/unholy path system is interesting, plenty of hidden stuff to find...etc.
    Short review would be:
    "Not as good as GoW, but pretty damn close."

Oh someone mentioned the demo for it, demo is nice, but since it doesn't show any of hell itself, doesn't capture the spirit of the game very well.

Bioshock 2, haven't played more than a few minutes of single player, but it felt as good as the first.
    Multiplayer is fun...it's chaotic to the point of being hilarious actually..
    When three of us ran into each other in a room, it was just fire and bullets, and chaos, and when the smoke cleared, three corpses..hehe..I had to laugh.

EDIT: Arkham Asylum is a must have IMO Ziggy...excellent game

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Vernum View Post
    I'm thinking of getting Bioshock 2 but I'm trying to learn more about how it's integrated with Games for Windows Live first.

Last game I bought that used GfWL caused me numerous problems when logging in (i.e: I couldn't) and didn't have an offline mode so it refused to save single player progress unless you were logged in. If Bioshock 2 is similar then I'll skip it, I'm not going to pay for a game I can't play because it's tied in to a shitty service.
    Games For Windows Live has an offline mode. It's just a bit hidden. When you try to create an account, you have to scroll the wall of text down, at the bottom of this page you'll find the link for creating an offline account.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Vernum View Post

Was that game Dirt 2 ? Because I had that exact same problem with Dirt 2.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

In perpetual orbit around a point three seconds to the left of the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Games For Windows Live has an offline mode. It's just a bit hidden. When you try to create an account, you have to scroll the wall of text down, at the bottom of this page you'll find the link for creating an offline account.
    Hmm, I'll have to check that out.

Was that game Dirt 2 ? Because I had that exact same problem with Dirt 2.
    It was Section 8.
    Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of wafer thin printed circuits that fill my complex. If the word hate was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant.
    For you.
    Hate.
    Hate.

Batman looks like fun judging the demo. Heard only good things as well, will get tomorrow so it can last me through Carnaval. A horrible Dutch festivity I will have no part of.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Planning to. But demos don't tell you about the longevity of the game. Lately many shoot em ups or beat em ups lose their appeal halfway down the game. More often than not I feel I'm losing interest because of repetition and lack of story. GTA IV and Fallout for instance are still on my HD busy being ignored because I really can't be arsed.

This workmate however insists that the toys you unlock throughout the game keep it interesting, the story, although simple is solid and Yahtzee claims melee and sneaking are balanced and fun.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...-Arkham-Asylum
    All true. The story will take you 8-10 hours (+ a few more if you plan on solving all the riddles). This game has enough variation in enemies, gadgets, and atmospheres that it never really feels redundant. You may say to yourself "haven't I been here before? Oh yeah, but last time I couldnt go to these places, the baddies didn't have these weapons, I couldn't perform an instant takedown, etc." Without giving too much away the entire island changes about 3/5 of the way through the game, so it's all new again. Like Wraith said the Scarecrow bits are some of the most fun I've had in a game lately. I just recently went back and beat the game on hard, and now I'm playing the unlockable challenge modes.

I've heard Dante's Inferno really loses a lot of luster about halfway through, and that everything seems either repetitive or meaningless (sense of scale is lost). If you're looking for something to tide you over until GoW3 then you might as well pick it up.

I've also heard/read that Bioshock 2 has a less intense and captivating story, but gameplay is much improved (especially hacking) and that the relationship with little sisters is one of the most strangely cute things ever.

Has anyone tried playing any of the last 3 CODs on veteran? It's insanely hard, but if you turn up the sound and music, you feel as if your playing through an exagerated action movie

Quote Originally Posted by Knux897 View Post
    Has anyone tried playing any of the last 3 CODs on veteran? It's insanely hard, but if you turn up the sound and music, you feel as if your playing through an exagerated action movie
    I hate the running missions. They don't tell you you're supposed to run for your life, and that the level is going to be different than some of the other ones in that they're going to have infinitely spawning enemies...which contrasts harshly with my preferred strategy of slowly and carefully picking the opposition off one by one when its most tactically advantageous for myself...

RAMIREZ! GO PULL OFF SOMETHING NOBODY WOULD ACTUALLY ATTEMPT BARRING INSANITY! THEN GO TO BURGER TOWN! WE'RE OSCAR MIKE! STAY FROSTY! TANGO DOWN!
    . . .

^ Someone have a little trouble with one of the Invasion levels did they?

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    I would like to say that Sonic And The Black Knight is a must buy for everyone. Why? The theme song.

Insane, medieval themed rock music at it's best.
    I enjoy blank walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowheart View Post
    ^ Someone have a little trouble with one of the Invasion levels did they?
    No actually, the Favela levels...
    . . .

Yes, it was on easy. But it was while I was trying to show a hand full of middle schoolers how to play during GameZone at the library last Wednesday.
    Besides, the song rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    No actually, the Favela levels...
    Yeah those could be annoying...not a fan of the run and gun playstyle either.
    Military training is too ingrained.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowheart View Post
    Yeah those could be annoying...not a fan of the run and gun playstyle either.
    Military training is too ingrained.
    The one level was more run and more running, as in if you stopped to shoot anything that wasn't directly in front of you, you'd have about a half dozen or more guys and a few dogs on you...
    . . .

Yah.

To be honest, don't understand the rave reviews the game got.
    The story is utter nonsense, totally unbelievable, the "plot twist" is silly (plus you can see it coming a mile away)
    I can forgive all that because the set pieces it so desperately contrived to set up were fun to play (mostly)

But the multiplayer is unbalanced and unfun, yet people rave over it..just don't get it.

It's a good game, don't get me wrong, just not worthy of the gushing critical praise it received.

The first Modern Warfare was much better.

IMO.

Agreed. The story is utterly unbelievable for a game that is going for realism, and I more enjoyed it for seeing what absolutely batshit insane things they'd have you or your characters doing than because it had a good story...
    . . .