Page 34 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 2804

Thread: What game are you playing now?

Has anyone here played Alan Wake yet? I need a game to play on the X360 as I really fancy getting into a story and focusing less on the Kinect/Online Call of Duty action. Don't get me wrong i enjoy both but you can't beat a little single player action and a bloody good story line.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm open to anything really, providing it ticks the criteria.

^Have you tried Metro 2033?

Single player, heavy focus on story, which is pretty good so far. (I ain't finished yet)
    It's very immersive, has a more realistic slant to it.
    The realism makes it more difficult too, no hand-holding in this game.

Fascinating game though, well worth a look.
    (Never played Alan Wake so can't compare it)

P.S. Game has been out awhile so the price is reduced.

Am really struggling with my PC, DirectX is just not working correctly it seems. May end up formatting my PC as I can't find any way to simply do a clean re-install of DirectX.

Cross-post from the British Inflation thread but I don't think I'll be buying any new PC games from GAME in a while. They've used the opportunity of the VAT 2% increase to increase their 2 for £25 offer to a 2 for £30 one.

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    Has anyone here played Alan Wake yet? I need a game to play on the X360 as I really fancy getting into a story and focusing less on the Kinect/Online Call of Duty action. Don't get me wrong i enjoy both but you can't beat a little single player action and a bloody good story line.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm open to anything really, providing it ticks the criteria.
    Play Deadly Premonition.

This is a survival horror game, BTW.
    I enjoy blank walls.

I enjoyed Alan Wake quite a bit. I thought the story was interesting and the gameplay was fun. It's patterned after a television series, so instead of levels you get "episodes" each with their own climaxes/cliffhangers and recaps of previous episodes. I thought it was a pretty cool idea. The only negatives, in my opinion, were that the facial animations were horrible and that, many times, when you started in a new area, you were left without your flashlight and weapons and had to find and collect them all over again - sometimes that was fun, since it would add a lot of tension with these things chasing you in the dark and no way of protecting yourself, but the rest of the time it was frustrating. All in all, I thought it was a fun game.

The best storyline in an xbox game would have to be Mass Effect and its sequel (2 being the better of the games), but I don't know many 360 owners who haven't played them, so I assume you have, too.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way...

Quote Originally Posted by evenstar View Post
    The best storyline in an xbox game would have to be Mass Effect and its sequel (2 being the better of the games), but I don't know many 360 owners who haven't played them, so I assume you have, too.
    Seconding Mass Effect in the unlikely event that you haven't played them. Dragon Age is pretty good too.

I have Alan Wake downstairs, but haven't gotten around to removing it from the packaging yet. I've heard a lot of good things about it, though.

Thank you for the idea folks, I think i'll have to check out both Alan Wake and Mass Effect.

I hate Monaco! I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.

Front wing, meet wall. Almost every effing lap.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

In what game? The latest FIA F1 incarnation, whatever that maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Yup F1 2010.

Got through the first few races alright, but Monaco is just killing me. Think I'll just start the race last position, crash in a big fireball and go to next race. But that would mean a set back on the challenge to beat my team mate (Jarno Trulli, Lotus You can only pick one of the 3 new teams for long career and have to work your way up)
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

See, I can't do this:

I'm more on par with this guy:

And I'm driving 20% = 16 laps.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Isn't that the same engine that Codemasters used in GRID?
    Not complaining, it's a great engine, but I would have thought they would have a new one by now.

Lor talking about Alan Wake and story-focused games reminded me to mention that I just bought Fragile Dreams on Wii.
    At last!
    I enjoy blank walls.

Rome: Total War, long time since I played any RTS, picked it and the expansion up for $15.

Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    King Arthur...
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    What's that like? It looks cool (plus always liked that story anyway). Tempted to get a PC game with some cash I got for Christmas.
    Just ordered this to be delivered tonight.

Reviews look good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Finally got around to finishing Assassin's Creed 1. Did I miss something? Is there an explanation for the blood writing on the walls ending that doesn't spoil Assassin's Creed 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Finally got around to finishing Assassin's Creed 1. Did I miss something? Is there an explanation for the blood writing on the walls ending that doesn't spoil Assassin's Creed 2?
    No.

Minecraft now lets you get dye, and use it to dye sheep different colors.

GOTY.
    I enjoy blank walls.

It's not a big thing... you learn about it in AC2 though but it's only some side quests(and even then I strain to call them quests)

Played one of the main campaigns a few years ago. Can't beat the price, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by agamemnus View Post
    Played one of the main campaigns a few years ago. Can't beat the price, yeah.
    I tried it a few years ago and lost interest pretty quickly. It seems to have a lot more stuff in it now, but I honestly can't tell how much of it is actually new and how much I just don't remember/didn't get to see last time.

Playing AC2. AC2 came out 2 years after AC1, and I'm starting to understand why. This isn't a game that you just jump from part 1 to part 2. They thus far feel extremely disconnected from each other, with AC1 references sorta shoe-horned in. AC2 also has a lot of crap AC1 didn't have, I just unlocked the part where I have to maintain bank deposits and my uncles castle/town/wall city

Desmond is supposed to be the connection, but he's so rarely used during 1 & 2 that yeah, it feels kind of vague.
    It starts to come together in Brotherhood when he gets a lot more development, you'll play as him and he'll be in the story a lot more.

Yeah, there's a lot more to do in the second one (and a lot more again in Brotherhood).
    Although you'll find you have more money than you know what to do with in 2 (a flaw fixed in Brotherhood), so you won't have to be terribly vigilant with the banking.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Has anyone here played Alan Wake yet?
    http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/315
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Battle for Wesnoth. It's entertaining for its price.
    Following your link I've got the Wesnoth iPhone app. Quite fun for 59p.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Following your link I've got the Wesnoth iPhone app. Quite fun for 59p.
    If they'd come out with a droid version, I'd get that.

Giving Elemental another shot. It's improved from last time, but still not that stellar.

Now AC2 has me jumping around roofs looking for little statues. Game sure does have a lot of fluff as filler.

DNF was announced today for May 3rd. Vaporware King is about to come home.

I posted at a forum I hadn't posted a few years recently and had as my sig "If Windows Vista gets delayed any longer they should offer to package it with DNF"

DNF was announced today for May 3rd. Vaporware King is about to come home.
    Best news ever!

Finished standard Borderlands twice...now on to the DLC.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?