Page 5 of 94 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: What game are you playing now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Well, I only started a game BtS, and we never quite reached to Corporations. I'm also not very keen on dishing out the kind of money they want for extensions.
    ought to be cheap by now, no?

I think Civ4 is more or less awesome but I do wish they'd have changed a few things with the resources. Agricultural and Animal resources ought to be transferable to other suitable land areas. There's no sensible reason that once I discover cows and domesticate them that I can't replicate that group of cows anywhere I want in my country. Same with rice, corn, dyes, silk, etc....

I also think the food system should be more sophisticated, at least in the late game. Some kind of national, then international, food market where some cities can get enormous while producing very little food becasue they are buying food from the market that other cities or even civs sell into. Maybe that's what supermarkets are supposed to simulate...
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

You know, you're tempting me to pull that out and play it again now. Just have vanilla, I can barely even remember playing it after I bought it (even though I know I did).

My son is playing Sonic Unleashed on the Wii right now (after displaying general annoyance for yet another game he has to start from the beginning because we had to replace the Wii). Don't know if anyone here has actually played it or not, but I swear he's been watching cutscenes for 10 minutes straight now. Kind of ridiculous to have more cutscene than game-playing.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    You know, you're tempting me to pull that out and play it again now. Just have vanilla, I can barely even remember playing it after I bought it (even though I know I did).

My son is playing Sonic Unleashed on the Wii right now (after displaying general annoyance for yet another game he has to start from the beginning because we had to replace the Wii). Don't know if anyone here has actually played it or not, but I swear he's been watching cutscenes for 10 minutes straight now. Kind of ridiculous to have more cutscene than game-playing.
    Sonic Unleashed takes a bit to get going, but once it does it cuts down on the cutscenes.
    The first CGI one is amazing though, Sega should have just made a CG Sonic movie instead of taunting us with just a taste.
    I enjoy blank walls.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Kind of ridiculous to have more cutscene than game-playing.
    Ever heard of Metal Gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Knux897 View Post
    Ever heard of Metal Gear?
    Ugh.
    Another over-rated game.
    Decent gameplay at best, at least they finally improved the control system to something from this decade.
    Although having the balls to describe that as "innovative" was amusing..."Hey we finally caught up to where games have been for five years, we're innovating!"...please. (Resident Evil series is even worse)
    Some of the cutscenes during the few times we actually got to play the game were cool..(Raiden fighting the robot things for example), but the pre-mission briefs were horrific, unfunny, and usually senseless...the story is incredibly silly and stupid.

Reviewers need to get off Hideo Kojima's nuts and properly review the games.

I like the acrade gunner feel I get from Resident Evil on the Wii. Brings back loads of memories of hours wasted at ChuckECheese with my Dad, especially when I play with Brent and he steals all the weapons and leaves me to pick up the notes and puzzles.

Brent absolutely loves the RE games on the PS2 and Wii, to an alarming level.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 02-17-2010 at 05:15 PM.

Metal Gear Solid (for the original PlayStation) is my favorite game of all time. I can't argue with that.

Well, completed Dragon Age. As a warrior. Disappointed it wasn't bigger. Seemed to be about a quarter of the size of the Baldur's Gate games.

It's good though. The story is fairly okay.

Am now running through it again on Hard setting with a mage. Just managed to unlock Blood Mage last night.

~

Noticed Mass Effect 2 in the shops. Bioware made. Does that mean it's similar in playing-style to Baldur's Gate/Dragon Age - with the stop/start combat system, but in a futuristic setting? Anyone played it? Any good?

~

Settlers 7 out at the end of March. Probably be as shite as the last couple of settlers games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Timbuk2, Mass Effect has a real-time fighting system but you can stop time in order to line up special attacks and things. It's like a cross between a 3rd person shooter and KOTOR. The original game was great but I haven't played the second.
    All those moments lost in time... like tears in the rain

I've been trying to play a lot of GuildWars lately, but with a full time job, and a baby...GuildWars is hard, even Pre-Searing.
    I'm level 8 and I'm still in the first 1/4th of the game, thanks mainly because the little sidequests require 10-15 minutes of walking or dungeon crawling, and I'm lucky to get 30 minutes a day to play.
    But now I found Lord Oxen, or whatever you call that pack animal that trades with you, and he wants 50 red flowers for a helmet, and 50 red flowers for extra backpack space. Flowers that only spawn once or twice a level load.

On top of that, the extra music that came with the collector's edition is controlled by a company called DirectSong and is DRM protected WMA files. DirectSong shut down or fucked up their DRM and registration servers, so I've been listening to the same repetitive loop of elevator music the whole time I play, and now I hear it everywhere.

FFUUUUUUU

I've owned this game for so long, I just want to finish it I picked it up again thinking I'll prepare for GW2, but fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Well, completed Dragon Age. As a warrior. Disappointed it wasn't bigger. Seemed to be about a quarter of the size of the Baldur's Gate games.

It's good though. The story is fairly okay.

Am now running through it again on Hard setting with a mage. Just managed to unlock Blood Mage last night.
    There's some DLC already out and more on its way if you need more.

Noticed Mass Effect 2 in the shops. Bioware made. Does that mean it's similar in playing-style to Baldur's Gate/Dragon Age - with the stop/start combat system, but in a futuristic setting? Anyone played it? Any good?
    It's a bit shootery. More so than the first. You can pause the game to issue orders and such, but if you play like I did you probably won't be doing it that often. It's still a great game. It's the middle part of a trilogy though, so it might not be a terrible idea to pick up the first at a discount, just so that when you play the second it's your choices you're actually seeing impact the game, instead of some Bioware guy's. They do a fairly good introduction to catch you up on what you missed, but you'll still lose the coolness of seeing all your choices from the first game change the universe in the second.

Don't go in expecting a futuristic Dragon Age, though. Mass effect is a very different beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    ~

It's excellent..

It does have the pause during combat thing, but it's not nearly as intrusive as in the first one...they did a good job streamlining it.
    Personally found Mass Effect 2 to be much better than Dragon Age, but that's from the perspective of someone who found Dragon Age to only be a decent game...(the story was nice, but the gameplay was a bit clunky and boring IMO.)

EDIT: Agree with Wraith that playing the first one before will greatly enhance your playthrough of the second...seeing your choices from the first affect the second was very cool..

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    I've owned this game for so long, I just want to finish it I picked it up again thinking I'll prepare for GW2, but fuck that.
    Uh, isn't Guild Wars an MMO? How do you finish an MMO?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Uh, isn't Guild Wars an MMO? How do you finish an MMO?
    Not a traditional one. You don't have to party with anyone to finish the game, and its servers are setup that you only adventure with those in your party. I don't randomly come across other adventurers. There are only so many quests, and its got a Point A to Point B storyline. The max level cap isn't out of reach for your average joe either.

Its got a PvP aspect, but I'm not really interested in that.

Its closer to Diablo II than to World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    It's a bit shootery. More so than the first. You can pause the game to issue orders and such, but if you play like I did you probably won't be doing it that often. It's still a great game. It's the middle part of a trilogy though, so it might not be a terrible idea to pick up the first at a discount, just so that when you play the second it's your choices you're actually seeing impact the game, instead of some Bioware guy's. They do a fairly good introduction to catch you up on what you missed, but you'll still lose the coolness of seeing all your choices from the first game change the universe in the second.

Don't go in expecting a futuristic Dragon Age, though. Mass effect is a very different beast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowheart View Post
    It's excellent..

It does have the pause during combat thing, but it's not nearly as intrusive as in the first one...they did a good job streamlining it.
    Personally found Mass Effect 2 to be much better than Dragon Age, but that's from the perspective of someone who found Dragon Age to only be a decent game...(the story was nice, but the gameplay was a bit clunky and boring IMO.)

EDIT: Agree with Wraith that playing the first one before will greatly enhance your playthrough of the second...seeing your choices from the first affect the second was very cool..
    Cheers fellas.

Just looked at a few ME trailers and in-game videos on YooToob. Looks great.

Amazon have it available for a tenner - so that'll be my next purchase.

Nice one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

The Starcraft II beta started tonight, so everyone check your battle.net accounts!

Sonic 4 video has been leaked guys!
    http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/...eo-and-screen/

SO MUCH GREATNESS
    I enjoy blank walls.

A game I was playing last and still love to play is Resistance 2. Its a great shooter game. Ill go into detail if anyone wishes to know about the game series

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Do you have Beyond the Sword?
    No, haven't gotten it yet. I might try it in a month or two when my work load is down. I've read about it though and the addition of corporations sounds pretty cool, imo.

Amanda and I had to work on Valentine's, so we agreed to do it today instead. Having a good day, got her EyePet and its so cute. A bit difficult to get to grips with the camera controls at first but it seems a lot of fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu3v7jObPxY

New God of War 3 trailer...there's some epic shit going down

NINTENDO MEDIA SUMMIT NINTENDO MEDIA SUMMIT NINTENDO MEDIA SUMMIT

MARIO GALAXY 2 GAHRAHRAHR
    I enjoy blank walls.

In perpetual orbit around a point three seconds to the left of the future.
    Just when I thought I'd got out They pull me back in. Damn you Gearbox, damn you to hell.
    Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of wafer thin printed circuits that fill my complex. If the word hate was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant.
    For you.
    Hate.
    Hate.

Another DLC for Borderlands?

They're really pumping them out.
    Cool..hope it's a good as the last two were.

Anyone try out the Steam UI beta?

The Supreme Commander 2 demo came out today. Gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed. They ripped out everything I liked about the first game. It's now the same as every other RTS I've ever seen.

RCT2. Fun times to be had there.
    Your search had no results.

Civ 5 was just announced for release this coming fall. I wonder how badly I'll get sucked into it...

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo Mark 33 View Post
    Civ 5 was just announced for release this coming fall. I wonder how badly I'll get sucked into it...
    Late.

I watched the Alan Wake gameplay movies for the first initial level (or episode), it looks good. Can't wait.