Page 52 of 94 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 2804

Thread: What game are you playing now?

Looks amazing
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

And Bethesda still hasn't listed the minimum or recommended system requirements, AFAIK.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

http://www.rockstargames.com/

GTAV trailer debutes on the 2nd. I'm curious what they can bring to the table with this. With mods like Icehancer making GTAIV damn near photorealistic, the community has set a damn high bar for the next title.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Playing Battlefield 3 now. It's very pretty, and pretty fun for a shooter.

Never had you down as a shoot-em-upper Wraith ...

~

Ok, couldn't hold off on getting HoMM6.

Finished the 2 tutorial levels, and now into the heart of a campaign, playing as one of the necromancer types with ghouls and skeletons.

It's addictive. I thought the battles might turn into too much of a numbers game, just whittling down large stacks, and the side with the bigger stacks win, and while I'm sure that's true to a point, it is more interesting than that and your approach to the battle can sway it.

Pretty good

I can't wait for Skyrim! I've even stopped playing WoW in advance for it - that's how much I'm looking forward to it. Morrowind is still my favorite RPG and I've a lot of fond memories of it. I hope Bethesda learn from their mistakes on Oblivion. The whole leveling system in Oblivion was very questionable. You really shouldn't be able to complete the game at level 3, or be fight peasant farmers in Glass Armor at level 50...

Recently tried Duke Nukem. Very meh. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    I can't wait for Skyrim! I've even stopped playing WoW in advance for it - that's how much I'm looking forward to it. Morrowind is still my favorite RPG and I've a lot of fond memories of it. I hope Bethesda learn from their mistakes on Oblivion. The whole leveling system in Oblivion was very questionable. You really shouldn't be able to complete the game at level 3, or be fight peasant farmers in Glass Armor at level 50...
    There was some mod I got for Oblivion that Miang had told me about that fixed that issue, mostly. It (mostly) ended enemy scaling with you, and that actually made the game a lot more fun for me. I did spend a lot of my first couple levels running away, but it was just more enjoyable when I could come back later and blast the hell out of all the creatures that tormented me early on.

I do hope that they didn't screw up via scaling again in this one. I think they have found a better balance in the Fallout games, so that's probably an indication of how it's likely to work in Skyrim.

The video talked about easy and difficult areas to explore with some randomisation added. But it's always wait and see with these things.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Oh! And they better fix the inventory system. I've never come across such a unintuitive inventory and spell selection interface as I did in Oblivion

They did .... alter it. Not sure if they 'fixed' it.

Check out the clip (top of the page) I posted for a glimpse into the game, including a brief thing about the inventory system.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Oh no no (but thanks). No previews. I don't wanna know. I've spent too much of my life over the last couple of years reading about and analysing every single proposed changed in WoW, I'm approaching Skyrim as a complete and utter ignoramus. It's more fun that way!

I thought Oblivion was excellent. I don't think I ever finished it, though.

I'm also looking forward to Skyrim.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

I disliked Oblivion because I reached a point in the story where supposedly powerful demons were teleporting in and I was still learning how to cast my 'light' spell properly.

Worse, it actually kept the demons at bay somewhat.

I dusted off my NWN2 again recently, possibly my favourite RPG game. I really like how the game was written.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Wanted to take a look at Sword of the Stars 2.

After visiting the Steam forum, I think I'll wait for a month or two. According to the guys who bought it, it's missing half the content, is seriously broken in some regards and crash prone. Seems to be worse than the state MoO 3 was in.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Mellowing out with Tropico 3
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

So, after the debacle with the 2nd part of Sword of the Stars, I took a look at the 1st part.

Good grief. Whoever is responsible for the UI should be given a cigarette, a blindfold and then be stood against the wall.

First: The "tutorial". Which consists of a bunch of YouTube-Videos done by fans and a number of help panels.
    Second: The star map. Which is 3D but you can't fly through it - your view is always centered on a planet. Couple that with star lane lines, additional lines to indicate where ships are going, ship icons, special icons and stars everywhere - and it becomes confusing very fast
    Third: The research screen. Which is also in 3d. But the x-axis for the mouse is inverted here! Plus, the description for the research projects only pops into view if you zoom in quite far.
    Fourth: The design screen. If you want to know what a certain ship segment does, you'll need to click on the info button and then cycle through the options. No tooltip. At least the weapons have a tooltip.
    Fifth: Escape does nothing. You have to press a non-descript round button in the lower right corner for game options.
    Sixth: Combat. 3D again. Centered on one ship again. With lots of buttons without description. And unimportant commands like "mass retreat" don't have a button - only available by key command like "Ctrl F1".

Gah.

From your interest in Sword 2, I thought you were one of those people who inexplicably liked the first one. They apparently exist. I found the first one to be infuriating. All the same complaints you listed. It was supposed to be a simpler, more accessible 4X game, but to me it seemed that just meant stripping away all the depth while somehow making everything left more complicated and opaque. I remember tactical combat being especially aggravating, and having to spend a lot of effort wrestling with the camera.

Naw, I was only interested because it described itself as a 4X game. The awesomeness of this launch continues by the way: First they told the guys who bought it that they accidentally pushed a beta version to Steam - and now we get some comments from developers that the launch amounted to "publish or perish". Meaning that the "beta" version isn't.

In light of our frustration with the UI, I also found one particular amusing tidbit: Kerberos (producer) had to lay off some people. Which also included the "only guy who knew anything about UI design".

Playing Dragon Age at the moment. Quite enjoying it

Here's a review of Rage which, while being in Russian, sums up the problems of the game:

http://www.ag.ru/reviews/rage_2011

You'll need to scroll a bit for it to become obvious.

Because everyone on this forum just so happens to be able to read Russian

Quote Originally Posted by Draco View Post
    Because everyone on this forum just so happens to be able to read Russian
    I'm not quite sure how to respond to this example of epitome stupidity.

I know it's in Russian. That's why I mentioned it. And yet, also as I mentioned, it displays the biggest problem of Rage quite clearly, despite being in Russian.

Which means that you'll be able to understand it, even if it is in Russian.

On second thought, scratch that last sentence for Draco.

Target is currently doing a buy 2 get 1 free offer on all of their console and PC games. Even brand new titles. Thats insane. Amazon is doing something similar, but as of this morning it didn't include PC titles, or nearly as many console titles

I finally managed to pick up a physical copy of The Witcher 2, as well of Starfox 3D, and Brent is getting a free copy of Resident Evil 3D for christmas. I almost want to go back to pick up the PS3 Ico collection and some of the Wii greatest hits titles.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    The Witcher 2
    Interested to know what you make of it.

Quite enjoyed it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    I'm not quite sure how to respond to this example of epitome stupidity.

I know it's in Russian. That's why I mentioned it. And yet, also as I mentioned, it displays the biggest problem of Rage quite clearly, despite being in Russian.

Which means that you'll be able to understand it, even if it is in Russian.

On second thought, scratch that last sentence for Draco.
    You know what, you're a nasty person.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco View Post
    You know what, you're a nasty person.

Noice.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

So this looks like a "game" I might want to "play":

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/review...oon-review.ars

""
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Men of War: Red Tide for free via GreenManGaming (requires capsule program).

Anyone here getting joining the masses and getting Modern Warfare 3?

I checked out Battlefield 3 on Friday night, I must say I don't quite get the hype. I'm quite glad I didn't buy it really, I certainly would have taken it back.