Page 61 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 2804

Thread: What game are you playing now?

Tank is warrior I'm guessing ...

So what's healer?

I've got a Bounty Hunter (human) going, and a Sith Inquisitor (Sith). Both at level 8. Both are Empire.

Pretty sweet so far, though not out of the beginning areas with either yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Tank is warrior I'm guessing ...

So what's healer?

I've got a Bounty Hunter (human) going, and a Sith Inquisitor (Sith). Both at level 8. Both are Empire.

Pretty sweet so far, though not out of the beginning areas with either yet.
    Only two of the advanced classes in the game are incapable of either healing or tanking, the Smuggler Gunslinger/Imperial Agent Sniper and the Jedi Knight Sentinel/Sith Warrior Marauder. Tanking trees and abilities are available to the Trooper Vanguard/BH Powertech, Sith Warrior Juggernaught/JK Guardian, and Jedi Consular Shadow/SI Assassin while the Trooper Commando/BH Mercenary, Agent Operative/Smuggler Scoundrel, and Consular Sage/SI Sorcerer can all heal.

Tim, I LOVE the Bounty Hunter. I like his dialog, the integration of his story arc with quests in general seemed to fit better than for any of the others I've tried so far, and his story just seems to make the most sense. But I may be weird, because I loved playing a BH on Balmorra during one of the beta stress tests, it's my favorite planet so far, and from what I've heard most people don't like Balmorra at all on the Imperial side. Since release I've been playing a Trooper because my WoW guild decided to go Republic side and I'm not enjoying the story anywhere near as much.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I have no intention of playing SW MMO but I have heard they did a much better job than pretty much all other MMO's, WoW included, in making people interested in the story/ the role play side of game. Hopefully SW does good and gives WoW competition. Which from prelimnary numbers and reports I've heard it is doing so.

In other news, I beat Batman Arkham Asylum... Was a fun game, a bit to quick for me, and I have no interest in solving the Riddler's Challengs. I probably have 3 total complaints.

1.) Like a longer game (that just may be me kind of zipping through it)
    2.) I wish detective mode wasn't so useful because I played at least half the game with it's mono-color visor seeing everything. (I know i can turn it off, but like i said I need it to find out where I need to be going/what's around me.)
    3.) I didn't like how the Riddler's challenges were less about problem solving, and more about searching/having the right tool. A lot of times they'd show you a riddler piece, and you think "oh they're trying to challenge me to see if i can figure out how to get that spot." No they're not, they just want tyou to wait later in the game when you get the tool so you can get tot that spot. So you waste 10-15min trying to accomplish something that's impossible (at that point in the game).

It was really fun. I highly recommend it. It definitely makes you feel like batman, good graphics (if you don't use the visor too much), and it flowed pretty well. Definitely if you get a chance to buy it, I'm fairly confident most will enjoy it.

Only a couple days of Steam achievements left, than its off to play Witcher 2 (finally).

Not had much luck with Steam Crafted 4 times so far, and every craft was a 25% Valve coupon. I've got like 6 of those damn things now.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Finally cracked and bought games through Steam for the first time: Heroes of Might and Magic V + both expansions and Heroes of Might and Magic: Dark Messiah. On the Steam Daily Sale today and got all four titles for less than £7.50

Makes me feel sick seeing some games I paid £30-£40 a few months ago and hadn't even got around to playing yet are now ~£3

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Only two of the advanced classes in the game are incapable of either healing or tanking, the Smuggler Gunslinger/Imperial Agent Sniper and the Jedi Knight Sentinel/Sith Warrior Marauder. Tanking trees and abilities are available to the Trooper Vanguard/BH Powertech, Sith Warrior Juggernaught/JK Guardian, and Jedi Consular Shadow/SI Assassin while the Trooper Commando/BH Mercenary, Agent Operative/Smuggler Scoundrel, and Consular Sage/SI Sorcerer can all heal.

Tim, I LOVE the Bounty Hunter. I like his dialog, the integration of his story arc with quests in general seemed to fit better than for any of the others I've tried so far, and his story just seems to make the most sense. But I may be weird, because I loved playing a BH on Balmorra during one of the beta stress tests, it's my favorite planet so far, and from what I've heard most people don't like Balmorra at all on the Imperial side. Since release I've been playing a Trooper because my WoW guild decided to go Republic side and I'm not enjoying the story anywhere near as much.
    Wow okay, so you were involved with the beta. Was wondering how you'd experienced/knew so much in such a short time.

Does the Good action / Bad action (forget what it's called) come into play much? My Sith Inquisitor is clearly an evil dude, so it's easy to play him as evil, belittling, murdering, swindling and stealing his way through the quest lines.

I tried the same with my bounty hunter, but he comes across as such an affable chap, being evil did not suit. So now that I play him as moral and helpful I enjoy him much more.

I gather you get certain items which are restricted to your moral standing. Does it affect the story you follow?

Tuesday till I can play again.

Oh yeh, is there an auction house equivalent?

Is this a subscription-based game?

Yeh.

£8.99.

Same as WoW.

Wow, over £100 a year. *So* glad I don't enjoy those MMO things.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Give it time, its expected to go F2P once the hype dies down. The model is already built into the game, and its causing problems with bannings and such.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

correct, like most MMOs nowadays.

I wouldn't be surprised if WOW and SWTOR both change their pricing model around the time of the GuidWars 2 or DOTA 2 launches.

How much does WoW etc make from subscriptions? Where would they raise that money from if free-to-play?

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    How much does WoW etc make from subscriptions?
    to much?

Where would they raise that money from if free-to-play?
    All sorts of MMOs have seen increases in revenue when going to F2P. It increases membership, or brings it back, and there are all sorts of ways to nickel and dime people. Charging for certain weapons or armor, or even certain colors, charging to unlock certain quests so the player has a chance at earning certain items. Or an exhaustion system where people pay for more play time.

Take a look at Guildwars current cash shop, or TF2's. Both perfect examples.

EDIT:
    Forgot to mention the auction house Blizzard is bringing to Diablo III, another viable F2P option.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 01-02-2012 at 09:38 PM.

I was under the impression that WoW made over a billion dollars a year from subscriptions. I can't imagine them getting that from nickel and dimes.

Maybe once the subscriptions start to die off.

Which is why I mentioned Guildwars 2 and DOTA 2, and not...now.

WoW subscriptions have been in decline since after Cataclysm (which saw the biggest post subscription dip out of all the expansions).

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    WoW subscriptions have been in decline since after Cataclysm (which saw the biggest post subscription dip out of all the expansions).
    Indeed.

I dropped out a li'l while before Cataclysm.

Endgame stuff had become dull for a while before that for me. To do the more hardcore instances and raids with my guild required more regular scheduled attendance than I was prepared to commit to. And instances and raids were never really my bag anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    My favourite is definitely Medieval, and Medieval:Pirates and Nobles - which are very, very different for The Sims. Far more structured gameplay.
    Started with the base game. Haven't played a Sims game in forever. They really have matured.

I have not. First chance I got, I turned my character lesbian, hit on the first female I had to befriend, proposed, attempted to get married, but accidently sent her to the stockades.

SWToR, taken all four classes to level ~12 now, had a hard time deciding which I preferred.

But most recently levelled up Sith Inquisitor to Assassin, and he's the most kick-ass, so will stick with him. Assassin story quest-line is involving too.

Subtle stealth followed by explosive, brutal devastation.

Like the double light-saber.

Found a good, fun guild now too.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    SWToR, taken all four classes to level ~12 now, had a hard time deciding which I preferred.

But most recently levelled up Sith Inquisitor to Assassin, and he's the most kick-ass, so will stick with him. Assassin story quest-line is involving too.

Subtle stealth followed by explosive, brutal devastation.

Like the double light-saber.

Found a good, fun guild now too.
    That looks awesome. I've heard good things about this game. However, I am afraid about the predictions by some: http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20120102

After taking all 8 classes through the starting areas, still can't decide.

Think Bounty Hunter and Smuggler are my favs.

Picked up Homefront from Amazon for $2.50 today (its 7.50 minus one of my $5 credits).
    Not heard good things about the campaign, but I'm hoping its enough for at least a weekend of play.

Report back about that one. I've been slightly interested in it for the story, but never quite enough to actually pick it up.

Picked up Empire: Total War for £7. Didn't particularly like Shogun 2, but I think that's because I couldn't relate to Japanese history.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Report back about that one. I've been slightly interested in it for the story, but never quite enough to actually pick it up.
    youtube the story if you must.

The story is very interesting. It would have done good as a B movie. The visuals in the game are pretty too, so its pretty to watch at least. As long as you're looking in the right direction.

The single player game is short. Like WTF short. DNF took me 15 hours. This one took me 5. Programmers knew that too, they programmed a lot of cheap kills into it. I would say its impossible to play this game without dying on your first go around. Likely why they made a lot of the achievements "played x level without dying". The whole concept of the game pulling you in, making you feel like part of the resistance, making you really hate what the invaders have done....its all lost over the frustrating way the game plays out. For being 50 years in the future, not much as changed, maybe one new weapon, and you never get to use it. You spend very little (maybe not any) time alone in the game. Always fighting or traveling with support. Support that is immortal, which is annoying. They walk right out into the line of fire, giving you the false sense that the coast is clear, but once you step out you're lit up like a dart board.

Its also got its share of little programmed WTFs too. A lot of this game is played behind cover, and from a distance, which means scopes, but when the game reloads your ammo, it only sometimes puts your gun back into scope. I could deal with one way or the other, but its like the game couldn't decide how it wanted to work.

Oh, and there is no ending, like AT ALL.

Reminds me of a cheap Half Life 2 knock-off, even has its own version of Dog.

For $2.50 I guess its ok, haven't touch multi-player. For $7.50 I would have felt ripped off.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 01-08-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    youtube the story if you must.

No no no no no no no! Never ever straight up you-tube a Let's Play.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

So far I've been exploring everything and taking my time and I'm only up to Hengsha. This is the first Deus Ex game I've ever played. So far I'm liking the fact that there are multiple approaches to missions, however with modern gaming, this isn't all that unique, especially the multiple pathways to the same endpoint kind of plot flow.

What I'm not liking are the console controls being inconsistent with every other FPS out there, as well as standard gamepad GUI interaction, and that the enemy AI is inconsistent, and unnaturally skilled. While I can fathom that highly trained spec-ops mercenaries are crack marksmen, especially over long distances, I have a hard time believing some random gang banger is. I also have a hard time accepting that a human face can take a revolver round at near point blank range, and that the attached person is still completely functional, just a bit lower in health. This is also similar with the stealth mechanic, where an enemy won't notice me, even if I'm right in front of them, simply because I'm crouched down...but some guy hundreds of feet away can notice me behind a desk, in a separate room entirely, simply because he looked in my direction while I was accessing a computer. Cloaking also seems slightly worthless, since, if I cloak, and knockout/gun someone down, and then uncloak in a deserted area, everyone immediately knows its me who is the culprit, the moment they see me. Red Dead Redemption has also spoiled me, as when a Police Officer asks me to put away my weapons, and I comply, I expect to be arrested, not gunned down while they continue to ask me to comply. I also assume that its probably better on the PC, but the character dialogue animations are heavily parred down to the point where they are distracting...again...probably spoiled by games like Mass Effect.
    . . .

The AI in Empire: Total War annoys me to no end. The main purpose of every AI action seems to be to aggravate the human player. I just had freaking Venice declare war on me, and I'm Prussia, controlling most of Germany. Countries also refuse to trade 3 techs for 1.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Finally picked up a copy of Skyrim. Looks like Scarlett is going to bed early tonight.

If anyone needs a 25% off coupon for it, I've got an extra one now.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    The AI in Empire: Total War annoys me to no end. The main purpose of every AI action seems to be to aggravate the human player. I just had freaking Venice declare war on me, and I'm Prussia, controlling most of Germany. Countries also refuse to trade 3 techs for 1.
    Ah yes, the famous Total War Diplomacy Machine. It really does suck donkey balls.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London