Page 82 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 2804

Thread: What game are you playing now?

Umlauts aren't on American keyboards, and nobody wants to learn the alt codes for it.

for anyone with playstation plus, Sleeping Dogs is free to purchase today.

As someone who doesn't see the point in Live, Plus has been great. I've gotten 4 months free through random promotions and I've downloaded enough games to fill 8gbs on my psp, 8gb on my vita, and 320gb on my ps3 (including the tester tv show).

$50 a year for auto updating, and a steady stream of new games is awesome.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Umlauts aren't on American keyboards, and nobody wants to learn the alt codes for it.
    And that's why us Europeans are culturally superior to you silly 'muricans in every way!
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Finally picked up a copy of lollipop chainsaw since Target was marking them out for $8. Its ridiculous. Not something I'm going to get to play in front of the girls. But its funny in just about every aspect. Even the achievements are stupidly over the top, like the one for using the camera to look up the characters skirt.

Does anyone still play Diablo 3? Was curious if the latest gold bug exploit they refused to roll back really did destroy the economy like so many game sites are claiming.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I thought the economy in D3 was already in the toilet

Yeah, Gamasutra did a write-up on the exploit:
    http://gamasutra.com/blogs/MaxWoolf/...erflow_Bug.php

From the sounds of the article they've fixed it by banning those involved and refunding the purchases.

I never really use the Auction House in games, the inflation rate is absurd. Especially for crafting materials.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

They refunded real money. Not gold. Meaning that the in game currency has rendered useless for the foreseeable future.

Playing Starcraft 2 at the moment. I bought WoL and HotS, unfortunately I played WoL on normal, and this way it was too easy and I was through to fast IMO. I now play HotS on Hard, which is for me really hard, but I like it better. More on the level of the first Starcraft.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuha Vinland View Post
    Gran Turismo 5 is most definitely the next quantum leap in terms of graphics since Crysis.
    3 years later, they announce Gran Turismo 6. If they can get it out on time, it would be the perfect game to send the PS3 out on.

Is Port Royale 3 worth a purchase?

It's still coming with a full price tag on Steam, so I'm unwilling to just ... steam in there.

It's a genre and type of game I normally enjoy tho ...

Played Gratuitous Space Battles. Fun for a few hours but ship design isn't that deep got bored fast. But I figure 4 hours for $15 is like a movie.

Picked up Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes, the sequel to Fallen Enchantress (which I didn't play).

It's in the same vein as the Heroes of Might and Magic series, turn based 4x fantasy strategy, with turn-based tactical battles on a grid.

So far so fun. It's an improvement on HoMM certainly, and seems to have the balance right.

Where HoMM failed was that the later game became a who-can-make-more-units-more-quickly numbers competition, with stacked units in their hundreds doggedly reducing each others' health. Enchantress doesn't stack units.

There are various quests you encounter on the map that sends you off on side missions, the completion of which grants you items and fame. Fame attracts heroes to your faction.

Player is fully customisable, as are the heroes who occasionally join you, with all sorts of armour, weapons, enchantments and trinkets that can be bought, sold or upgraded. Units are widely varied, and also customiseable. Battles are engaging and challenging.

The overall map looks good and works well; the UI as it should be.

Recommended.
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 05-28-2013 at 10:46 AM.

Ooh I noticed that on Steam the other day and was tempted, loved HoMM.

Curious about the idea of units not stacking though? How's that work, are you seriously restricted then on the army you can develop?
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Units gain experience, which makes them stronger in various ways. They are also upgradeable.

So the more you battle with your army, the stronger that army (and any heroes in the army) becomes.

Max number of units (incl heroes) in an army is nine ...

Seems to work well. Like I say, it's more about how good your army is, rather than how large it is.

It looks good, but isn't it a bit pricey for an indie game?
    Hope is the denial of reality

I wouldn't consider it indie. its made by stardock. guys who published sins of a solar empire and demigod. They were so big at one point they had their own digital distribution called impulse that gamestop bought from them. Mainly because they kind of suck at making games; demigod had a horrible launch and the first attempt at elemental nearly sunk them for good.

Fair enough, but they seem like a pretty small company at this point. You don't get exposure by pricing your games at the same level as the big boys.

Agreed, they are not in a position to be charging more for an expansion than what they are currently selling the base game for. I assume they are banking on impatient gamers just getting out of school, followed by a half price summer sale.

On a related note, I just had a look at the Heroes VI expansion. Most of the ratings are awful due to Ubisoft's insane Uplay system. They haven't figured out a way to make it work in over 2 years. Unbelievable.

It looks like it's a standalone expansion - no need to buy the full game.

They did give it away for free (along with Fallen Enchantress) to anyone who bought Elemental before a certain point. I've got the game, and definitely did not pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    It looks like it's a standalone expansion - no need to buy the full game.
    It is indeed standalone.

Seem to be on a bit of a gaming spree at present ...

Picked up this little Kickstarter gem off Steam for £16. Might actually be the first Kickstart game I've bought?

In the same vein as HoMM and the above Fallen Enchantress, in that it is a turn-based strategic map game coupled with a turn-based tactical battle grid.

The slight difference with this is that there isn't any town building or unit training element to it. And the RPG element is rather stronger.

You are a young nobleman who has set sail from Spain to the new world in 1518 with adventure in your heart and exotic treasure in your eye. You land in South America with a small bunch of loyal followers, and soon discover a fairly inhospitable land filled with strange natives, debilitating diseases, rebellious slaves and greedy colonists.

The game presents you with a series of quests which build the story. The decisions you make, the followers you choose to accompany you, your approach to religious fervour, treatment of natives and greed for gold all have a considerable impact on how the game unfolds. This is apaprent even after only 8-9 hours play.

The atmosphere and the setting are a huge plus. You do feel like you face a huge challenge in overcoming all the difficulties that early Hispanic explorers must have overcome in their early expeditions into unkown South American territory.

The story is text-based, which works well in my opinion - too much emphasis is placed nowadays on realistic voice-acting in games which adds little - with quest updates etc all appearing in text form.

The music is fabulous, all spanish guitar. The sounds effects are excellent, from the snap of musket-fire to the battle-cry of natives.

The strategic map is basic but functional. It seems obvious that the real effort has gone into the hex-based tactical grid; combat is where this game really shines. Every tactical decision you make has an impact. The graphics are great here too. Each battle is a delight.

And it's tough. I've restarted twice. Once after running out of rations - not being able to hunt enough meat before overnight camp leading to my followers steadily losing morale and abandoning me, and the second time after a rebellion left too many of my followers wounded and I was too far from town to recover.

Definitely recommended.

As usual, Brits get screwed in price. It's $18. I might get it after a patch or two. Sounds good.

Yep, and £16 was with a 10% discount.

Does need an update or two, as it has bugged out on me a few times.

The new(ish) Tomb Raider...like the mechanics of the campsites and the general story.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

The Age of Empires III games. Figured if I plan to rebuy AoEII this summer I should finish the ones I already have.

Just started Act 3 of the base game.

The Age of Empires III games. Figured if I plan to rebuy AoEII this summer I should finish the ones I already have.
    Just started Act 3 of the base game.
    Base game is finished. Ensemble Studios should have stuck with real history, they were really bad at trying to write their own storyline.

Finished the main storyline arc for my Trooper in SWTOR. It doesn't have the best triple monitor support, but it works.

screenshot:
    Click to view the full version

Hmmmm ... tempted to go back to SWToR.

Had four or five level-capped chars, both light and dark.

Am getting my MMORPG kicks from a return to TERA at the moment, there being no decent new ones out.

Just bought Assassins Creed III on Demand. $15, or 1200 points. Bought 1200 points for $5 from the microsoft store a few days ago, so Assassins Creed III for $5 ain't a bad deal. One reason I'm not excited to see the point system go away. Just puts more of the power directly in the hands of the xbox department.

Also, for gold members, Defense Grid is free. Its a good game, maybe even a great game, but no where near the league of Assassins Creed II or Halo 3, which is what Microsoft teased everyone with, so of course people are annoyed.