Page 83 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,490 of 2804

Thread: What game are you playing now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Defense Grid
    And Defense Grid II is on the way ...

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Just discovered today that any EA games (like Sims 3 and expansions etc) bought on disc, you can register your CD Key with Origin and then play without requiring the CD/download the game etc, just like Steam . Registered all my Sims 3 games today (we own every single proper expansion but not Stuff pack), just need to hunt down the box for Sims:Medieval (already registered its expansion too but can't find where I left the original last). Nice to have one less thing to worry about.

I like playing without needing to hunt down the right CD but like the security of actually having the disc. Apart from games specifically designed with registering with Steam in mind (eg modern Total War games make you) it doesn't seem possible to do this with Steam? IE I have Civ IV and Civ IV:Colonization which I saw were on the Steam Sale (with Civ V, a Steam-registered game) recently. It doesn't seem possible to register the retail IV versions to Steam?
    Finally found my Sims Medieval base game box and disc to reinstall, patch up to latest version, install Pirates expansion ... doesn't work! Task Manager shows it running in the background using ~18% steady CPU but nothing.

Google and it seems that this game is totally incompatible with Windows 8. Even using Compatibility Mode won't fix it. What makes it even more odd is that the base game originally if you never patch it is compatible with Windows 8, but the final patch EA released (needed for Pirates to be installed) kills it. A fix exists which is not exactly linked to from EA's forums but says 'search for "Sims Medieval Ultimate Fix"' ... Googling that comes up with a crack to remove the DRM. It seems the DRM update in the final patch is incompatible with Windows 8 and kills the game.

To be fair Windows 8 was never released at the time yet, but it was within about a year of the EP release and there's lots of posts now on EA's forum and people messaging EA but this games been totally abandoned by them so they won't fix it.

Ridiculous that despite owning the game the only way to get it to work is to crack the DRM. It shouldn't take that much effort for EA to release a patch to fix the issue.

EDIT: And it seems they're still selling the game in Origin despite the fact its broken.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I want.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Looks bewilderingly huge and comprehensively orsum.

End graphic only shows Xbox & PS. Hope it'll make the PC too.

They are recruiting for a PC port team. Their ports have never been great though, modders always have to pick up the slack.

but holy hell, this game is huge. Wonder how many discs its going to force 360 owners to use. Its as if they took the best all of all their previous games and rolled it all up into a single title.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I heard somewhere 2. One's the install disk, and the other is the game disk. Install is required.

That explains the rumored 8gb install.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Decided to get Skyrim for the PC (already played on the 360). Damn. Why did I bother with the 360 version?

What's the difference? I've got the 360 version.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=72850

Heard of Icehancer for GTAIV? Skyrim cant hit that same level of graphical insanity.

Sale has started. Might finally pick up HotLine Miami for 2.50.

Valve is tying in their trading cards with this sale. The more you buy the more cards you get, which means the more badges you can craft, which means more "rewards" you can earn. Cards are also handed out for voting for the next deal, as long as you are level 5 or higher.

EDIT:
    wrong thread, whoops
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 07-12-2013 at 01:53 AM.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=72850

Heard of Icehancer for GTAIV? Skyrim cant hit that same level of graphical insanity.
    No. Got that on console too.

Less of a load time. The 360 had PAINFUL loads when going into a new area. Also as mentioned earlier mods. And now that I play with mouse and keyboard I actually like it better (which was a surprise). The only dislike is having to sit in the office instead of lazing on the couch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Less of a load time. The 360 had PAINFUL loads when going into a new area. Also as mentioned earlier mods. And now that I play with mouse and keyboard I actually like it better (which was a surprise). The only dislike is having to sit in the office instead of lazing on the couch.
    Mmmmmm...couch playing...leads nicely to couch napping when game craving met.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Agreed, they are not in a position to be charging more for an expansion than what they are currently selling the base game for. I assume they are banking on impatient gamers just getting out of school, followed by a half price summer sale.
    I was almost right, Fallen Enchantress is 66% today and tomorrow, $13.59 (Steam).

Got hooked back on Crusader Kings II. Picked up the DLC (except Old Gods) at the Summer Sale and its a lot of fun. Not played Muslims yet but tried the Republic system and its interesting.

Currently playing a campaign where I created my own starting character as an independent Irish Earl using my real life surname with no family at all and trying to aim not so much for world domination but getting my family everywhere. Currently on third generation, King of Ireland, Wales, Portugal (won in a Crusade) and just finished a Papal-backed Invasion of England. Keep granting land to my family but so far no revolts as a result. Also created a new Irish/Portugese vassal Merchant Republic with one of my family members too. Lots of fun.

Bioshock Infinite. Just picked out a necklace for Elizabeth. Holy shit is that Song Bird massive.

Spoiler:
    Seems that so far only 2, maybe 3, characters seem to know what the hell is going on. That male and female team with the "this or that" questions, and maybe the prophet. The questions, and their timing, seem to be pushing me towards a parallel universes storyline, sorta like the Sliders TV show. Wouldn't be surprised to see the baptism have something to do with it.

Despite all the hype, I just couldn't get into Bioshock.

Gave it up after about 10 hours play, and regretted the full price I paid for it.

Not my sorta game I guess, the old FPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

I'm not a big FPS fan myself, but Redbox never has The Last of Us in stock so I figured I'd brush up on my controller skills with Bioshock. The pacing of it is incredibly slow, like its trying to tell me this possibly very in depth story by giving me huge areas to explore, then throwing a hand full of enemies at me, then repeating that in a new environment that looks amazing.

On the last mission for GTA3. Kids have been playing Just Dance Kids 2. Extremely cheap production that one. The songs are from kids movies and TV shows, but don't bring over any of the licensed content. Despicable Me is so far off the backdrop is a science lab with a skeleton in it. But at least the song plays no matter how badly you dance, so the kids just play a title and dance however they want.

I see you're playing War Thunder Wraith.

Any good?
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Haven't really gotten into it very far. A friend of mine says it's good, and wanted me to play with him. All I've done so far is configure my joystick and run through the tutorials. They went to fairly ridiculous lengths to give the game fidelity with real WWII planes, but that's all I can say at this point. I'll get back to you.

If you do try it, I'd suggest not going with the full fidelity controls. Nobody who hasn't built a complete fake cockpit in their basement can possibly have enough buttons, levers, and toggles to control it.

Hmmm ... and there's me thinking it was a quick-to-jump-into-easy-to-play shoot-em-up dogfight-in-the skies MMO. Type thing.

Rather than a bona fide WWII aircraft serious flight sim. MMO.

Will wait for more feedback. It does look promising - the videos look great.

doesn't matter how dull the gameplay gets, Blizzard CGI always brings me back

Looks cool.

EU3 again as soon as I can find my disc. I misplaced it again.

Not going to join us in moving on to EUIV?

Not quite yet. I have a car that needs a new set of tires first.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    So I bought the Might and Magic X Legacy early access on Steam. I think it has potential - but they'll need to rebalance some things. At the moment, weapons break too fast and time simply flies by (but that you can mod down to a better level).
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?